Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GB] $ GreenBacks $ ~ A Complete Currency & Infrastructure ~ - page 18. (Read 224554 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
IMO you just have to IGNORE the price and focus on real world adoption. Don't give up or get too disheartened because of price. As long as your blockchain keeps going, GB can recover. The alt scene is about to have a mass extinction, the meteor is coming to kill all the dinosaurs! GB can survive, you only need a handful of nodes to stay up, and once the firestorm passes the quality alt coins will evolve into global phenomenons.

If the GB devs stick to their plan this coin has a bright future. Forget price, keep working towards making stuff, new stuff, useful stuff, solve problems. If GB chain is still going in late 2015 & into 2016 you will probably have 50 Million market cap minimum, but if you give up you will see those that stayed the course prosper, and you guys go crazy from 'what the fuck did we just throw away'.

Bitcoin early adopting true believers ALL became very successful, so will you GB guys if you keep your blockchain alive.

edit: fuck exchanges too, get on the NXT mutligateway, or just use an OTC thread. Who cares about exchanges, just keep the chain going and when things pick up again GB is back! Trading culture without real world uses needs to die, and it will. If you believe in GB, just keep on keeping on!!!

edit2: I saw a TV documentary recently that said DNA studies indicate at one time human population shrank to as low as 600 individuals after some unknown catastrophe! Just 600 nodes on the human blockchain, but from that low point the human population came back to 7 billion!

Stay strong GB'ers Smiley

+1

Well said, Karl Hungus.

Dev, I concur to this. Please don't worry about price and community and concentrate on improving the coin and adding new values to it.
If value keeps on increasing, price would have to tag along.

I've been running GB node from sometime now and would continue to do so.. The community might seem small but I'm sure there would be many
GB loyalists who would support the coin through thick and thin.

By the way out of the 7 billion human population, 1.2 billion is from India alone which is where I belong from. Also the next crypto revolution is said to be arising from India. Similar to China, India has lot of investors who would be willing to invest in cryptos and in GB once they understand the concept and idea behind these projects.
Activity: 110
Crypto atm? = daytrader and whalegroups tricking ppl into buys, soon they will start shitting on eachother cause there is no one left in this ponzi Bullshit + FUD n Scams all over the Place.

Sad story but thats whats up.

This is sad to us because it is apparent that Crypto is not ready for altcoin other than Bitcoin to actually succeed. Every altcoin just gets pumped/dumped, and everyone moves on to the next one. We've paid people to do work, and it seems a couple of those people ran off with our money. Our web wallet dev is still with us, and we're looking at 3 days to see if the transition we're making with our domain and ssl will work. As for the facebook campaign, and poker site, it seems like CarltonBanksy has abandoned us. We've messaged him twice, and haven't gotten a response. We're very happy with the success that GreenBacks had early on, and we thought we actually had something, but then most people just faded out, and it was clear it was mainly just daytraders trying to raise the price. We will be working on this trying to deliver what we have ready, from there, we need to figure out what our next steps should be. For the people still with us, show your support.

I support Greenbacks and I follow this thread daily for updates and recent dialogues.

Dev I would advise you to keep up with the work you have been doing and not worry much about the community.

If you want to increase participation it would be a good idea to think about adding GB to Supernet or Blocknet ?

It would increase awareness for GB on a large extent and also encourage people to buy GB as they're cheap now.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
i am feeling for you if you had legit intentions for your coin.

But this whole thing is coming to a point where more n more "Investors" will dump n quit.

btt is a snakepit full of poison ether way and that moolah disaster stomped it down even harder.
You should expect that everything will go underwater until 2015 anyway.

We need to weed out the ponzi altcoins and all this bs somehow or everything will go broke pretty bad, and i mean really bad.

Take care

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Crypto atm? = daytrader and whalegroups tricking ppl into buys, soon they will start shitting on eachother cause there is no one left in this ponzi Bullshit + FUD n Scams all over the Place.

This is sad to us because it is apparent that Crypto is not ready for altcoin other than Bitcoin to actually succeed. Every altcoin just gets pumped/dumped, and everyone moves on to the next one. We've paid people to do work, and it seems a couple of those people ran off with our money. Our web wallet dev is still with us, and we're looking at 3 days to see if the transition we're making with our domain and ssl will work. As for the facebook campaign, and poker site, it seems like CarltonBanksy has abandoned us. We've messaged him twice, and haven't gotten a response. We're very happy with the success that GreenBacks had early on, and we thought we actually had something, but then most people just faded out, and it was clear it was mainly just daytraders trying to raise the price. We will be working on this trying to deliver what we have ready, from there, we need to figure out what our next steps should be. For the people still with us, show your support.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again

Activity: 210
Because there hasnt been much development. Everything has been delayed so far, and its quite disappointing as a GB investor myself. Plus crypto is going through a down time right now, I believe many people exiting from alts and bitcoin due to lower and lower prices. Sad times in crypto.
We're not going to have an announcement about development every single day, so we need you guys to keep this alive and discuss in here. We will be a part of your discussions, but we want to see some enthusiasm about GreenBacks. The number of comments is sadly low, and it's seemingly like almost everyone has left the GB community.
I recently installed the wallet to a friends computer but it can't sync, there are no connections whatsoever... Someone could post a conf file please?
My one is syncing well, I just downloaded the last version.
try to add these nodes:

addnode=37.187.245.222
addnode=130.43.0.22
addnode=87.222.197.209
addnode=120.150.253.184

I've this 4 connection active now

Just finished to sync around 220k bloks

Thanks a lot! Works great with this one!

Dev I think you should add this in op. I tried the 2.5 wallet to a new pc, same problem. If you are coming from previous versions works fine but in a fresh setup without the nodes in the conf file, there is no connection.

Gotcha, OP updated with nodes.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Volume is too low  Undecided

Maybe will be delist soon by bittrex ?

Need some good news from dev
Activity: 172
Merit: 11
I recently installed the wallet to a friends computer but it can't sync, there are no connections whatsoever... Someone could post a conf file please?
try to add these nodes:

addnode=37.187.245.222
addnode=130.43.0.22
addnode=87.222.197.209
addnode=120.150.253.184

Thanks a lot! Works great with this one!

Dev I think you should add this in op. I tried the 2.5 wallet to a new pc, same problem. If you are coming from previous versions works fine but in a fresh setup without the nodes in the conf file, there is no connection.
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
sorry to say, but i think GB will be delisted from bittrex due to low trading volume.

I don't think so. There are coins listed with even less volume and no real devs. Waiting for the web and Android wallets.
Activity: 98
sorry to say, but i think GB will be delisted from bittrex due to low trading volume.

As for this, Bittrex delists coins which have an average daily trade volume below .1. GreenBacks should reach those levels anytime soon. We don't have much community support because it seems almost everyone moved on to the next coin which seems to be the thing to do in cryptos. We've provided the accelerator for people to start projects to help GreenBacks, but haven't gotten submissions. The contract work we had from one of our community members hasn't messaged us in two weeks, so we have no idea what is going on with the poker site. What we want to finish is this web wallet and android wallet, so we are moving our hosting to a new provider. This should hopefully fix the ssl issue.
try to add these nodes:

addnode=37.187.245.222
addnode=130.43.0.22
addnode=87.222.197.209
addnode=120.150.253.184

Thanks for nodes.

Dev:
Why is there not a conf file with its proper name listed in the op? Cmon...
What is the correct version of wallet? DL is labeled as 2.5 but wallet shows 1.1.2. Again, Cmon.

The reason is because this is the first time anyone has mentioned having an issue with the new wallet, which is V2.5.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Activity: 553
Merit: 500
I think we've all been waiting for a wallet for a while... or something... or stuff to share to help our investments... or anything...
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
try to add these nodes:

addnode=37.187.245.222
addnode=130.43.0.22
addnode=87.222.197.209
addnode=120.150.253.184

Thanks for nodes.

Dev:
Why is there not a conf file with its proper name listed in the op? Cmon...
What is the correct version of wallet? DL is labeled as 2.5 but wallet shows 1.1.2. Again, Cmon.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
try to add these nodes:

addnode=37.187.245.222
addnode=130.43.0.22
addnode=87.222.197.209
addnode=120.150.253.184

Activity: 172
Merit: 11
Any news for the poker game ?

We've contacted CarltonBanksy a couple of times to post an update in the thread about it, but he has not posted anything in here. Hopefully he is still working on it, and according to our last communication with him, it should be ready right about now. As for us, the web wallet and android wallet are both still ready, but again we can't launch yet. We've made tickets through our domain provider, and then our hosting provider, and at this point we will be either getting new hosting or a new domain to see if this solves the issue.
Pages:
Jump to: