Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 102. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Block explorer at https://www.huntercoin.info/blockExplorer seems stuck at block 760,083 and my own node stucked at 760,105 then after restart I got message that "Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade." Some nodes were reporting blockheight at around 760,245 but after a while nodes in my swarm agreed on 760,105 blocks and wallet fully synced. New blocks are now coming in but very slowly and error message is still there even after multiple restarts. I'm using v1.2.00.1.

Could it be F2Pool upgraded to v1.3 and are now causing this issue? There was a disaster at block 760,077 and possibly blockchain reorg so I guess it all has to do with latest snailbrain's post here.

I've sent a message to Poloniex to freeze HUC market until situation is solved.

Good job.

Apologies - working on it.
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
Block explorer at https://www.huntercoin.info/blockExplorer seems stuck at block 760,083 and my own node stucked at 760,105 then after restart I got message that "Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade." Some nodes were reporting blockheight at around 760,245 but after a while nodes in my swarm agreed on 760,105 blocks and wallet fully synced. New blocks are now coming in but very slowly and error message is still there even after multiple restarts. I'm using v1.2.00.1.

Could it be F2Pool upgraded to v1.3 and are now causing this issue? There was a disaster at block 760,077 and possibly blockchain reorg so I guess it all has to do with latest snailbrain's post here.

I've sent a message to Poloniex to freeze HUC market until situation is solved.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002
Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO
Also, same link at huntercoin forum is deal. Thx in advance for posting a working link!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Dev can you post a link to 1.3? The megalink posted just recently is dead. The latest hunter coin on OP is 1.2

Thanks
Activity: 821
Merit: 503

bug in update -- my fault for not syncing from scratch all the way through...

at the first disaster hardfork (255k?) - and the first reorg after it, chain will get stuck..

and possibly the next reorg after the next disaster.

Domob looking into it..

if you haven't updated.. hold

... and if we have?

Icon

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hey Nice too meet you! i'm Ombc :D
Hey This game seems like a good game
Can i get from anyone 200 HUC's? to play the game?
I'm new to this and i want to play this game Smiley

addres : HMhiofZaTsKjUicMwNBR2tg4yFC92PoGic

Please anyone help my Smiley
legendary

bug in update -- my fault for not syncing from scratch all the way through...

at the first disaster hardfork (255k?) - and the first reorg after it, chain will get stuck..

and possibly the next reorg after the next disaster.

Domob looking into it..

if you haven't updated.. hold
legendary
Hunters Value will be refunded upon Disaster.

forgot to add
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
hey snail,

what's the game fund?

Hey buck,

it's an in game reserve of coins - i think it currently holds about 400k. no one has access to it (it's in the gamestate).

doing a game_getstate will show how much it has.

It will be used for NPCs and other in game rewards in a future update.

The coins come from coins at a disaster, the new destruct fee and character creation fee.. also in some very rare lifesteal scenarios.

pretty neat..

"gameFund" : 351801.30725456,
 "height" : 756176,
 "disasterHeight" : 742797,
 "hashBlock" : "e7e7783f952de9d1294adb675145fd130029a41c9c8c07e535c4440f556c804b"

legendary
hey snail,

what's the game fund?

Hey buck,

it's an in game reserve of coins - i think it currently holds about 400k. no one has access to it (it's in the gamestate).

doing a game_getstate will show how much it has.

It will be used for NPCs and other in game rewards in a future update.

The coins come from coins at a disaster, the new destruct fee and character creation fee.. also in some very rare lifesteal scenarios.

hey snail,

what's the game fund?
legendary
Good Suggestions guys, I will look through them more thoroughly later. But - please post on the huntercoin forum as it is difficult to keep track within 1 thread.

--

Huntercoin 1.3 HardFork - Major Update - Update before block 775000 < 2 Weeks

Implement "Game fees" - This allows fees to be paid which go to the gamefund - useful for the current update and future updates (attacks of different values).
Remove Hearts and Hearted Hunters (no value standard hunters). We'll add/change them in a future update.
Remove Death Upon Destruct
Allow Destruct and Waypoint at the same time.
Implement Life Steal Concept - If you hit with a destruct you will take their Hunters value and add it on your own. e.g. If your general costs 200 hucs and you hit someone worth 200 hucs, you will have a value of 400 hucs and they will die. Your Hunters value can be consider "Health". https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/blob/master/GameLogicChanges.txt
Display Hunters Value in the "Life" Tab when not poisoned from Disaster. If you are poisoned from Disaster it will tick down as before.
Hunters will spawn on Random Locations on the Map.
Reduce Carry Capacity to 100
Add Destruct Fee of 20 HUCs - This may seem expensive but is required to stop chain spamming destruct. This will be reduced once we implement Spell Timers or something else...
Remove Old Spawn/Bank Areas.
Make Banks Random - Banks will spawn in Random Locations on the Map.
Add Life Span for Banks - Banks will have a 25 to 100 Life Span. This is not currently displayed in the QT.
Reducing Spawn/Bank Refund from 30 to 2 Blocks - If you stay on a bank square for more than 2 blocks your coins will be refunded for your general (and any "life" you took from other hunters in PvP).
Add 5 HUC fee on top of the 200 Fee for Creating a Hunter. This Fee is added to the gamefund.
Reallow "20 byte rule" for merge mining. Requested by F2pool. This makes the code more consistent with other merge mined coins.
Make getauxblock support both sha256d and scrypt regardless of algo="" in huntercoin.conf. by f2pool.
Hunters Value will be refunded upon Disaster.

Source
https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin
Windows
https://mega.co.nz/#!cYtmxKTS!3qY4aNLgRF_llkhHRR2s86WzltmvgcfsxzdvBSi3KS4
Activity: 821
Merit: 503
Easy fix, a time cap toon just like wow does Smiley Well sorta.
1. make a toon (last ~ 24 (maybe in block time ~ 2000 block/hours ) coin capped ~ 200 coins (color is pink or something to stand out so everyone else knows its a starter account) max (what ever it cost to buy 1 toon)
2. Toon can not be killed or destruct (kill others)
3. Toon can not get any coins back at spawn area like the rest of us after 30 blocks/log off
4. Toon works in those 24 hours to get his very own 200 coins to make a real account.

If player really wants to make a dupe account to get another 200 coins let him, that's alot of work to get ~ .95 cents

Just a quick and dirty suggestion, i am sure the numbers can be adjusted for what works..

Icon
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
some update on my side:

I've simplified the player window, since now with the upcoming changes players->hunter(s) is no more valid but you can have just 1 hunter because of no hearts, I've removed the double grid and showed as a single grid, here it is:

I've still some work to do (renaming player to hunter of course, the term player is anyway always misleading when talking about the game) but it's all already working, with behaviours too
Of course removing the concept of 1-player => n-hunters would be too time consuming, so some quirk here and there is present (player name is still "playerName.0") but i don't think it's something worthy to be changed now.
Of course i've added the Life column and wrote life next to the names of the hunter on the map as you see in the next screenshot

And while i was in the mood, I've spent those nights working on a funny aspect that match my realtime chat and other thing I've in mind for the future of my client: chat bubbles in game

Technically it has been challenging because of some software libraries limitations but I've come up with a nice solution to render my baloons, if any programmers around here is interested in details let me know (technically chat balloons are rendered as HTML elements and then drawn over the map at the right position)
chat baloons stays on the map for actually 30 seconds before disappear (they fade out during time) and are visible only at a certain zoom level, to preserve performance
Developer!
There would have to be some mechanism to prevent bots from creating tons of free generals though, as has already keen mentioned. Maybe only a single free general could operate from an IP address, or one general per range of IPs. This world still probably be much to easy to spam...

If free hunters can do very little things, i don't think would be a problem, even because running lot of bots require anyway some hardware for that and if income is ~0 than there is no interest in creating them.
I think that a way to focus on few hunters is to implement more in depth the RPG concept of the game, i mean the fact that a hunter never die really, so you can register a name for the lifetime and just "revive" him (technically his address) whenever he "dies", and keep improving his stats and at that point we can do the opposite: making a new hunter costs you "a lot", but revive him doesn't (but every time hunter dies means that the hunter lose some stats like attack power and carrying capacity), so a player can invest for entering the game and then improve his hunter(s)

of course this is something that need to be thought deeply but i think it could works.

Another interesting thing could be that a free game could be on an alternative net (not testnet that's for test, but we could have a "playgroundnet" that runs on his own blockchain and reset every 7 days or so, this way new players can train on that net (and we could use that even for experimenting new things).

this special playgroundnet could be done premining most of the coins and distributing them to lot of address that could be claimed by anyone, could even be a centralized server since there is no exchange/money value linked to it, but at least could be useful for players that want to understand the game, and for mass testing purpose
Developer!
I have posted just a quick thoughts on the matter so they are not perfect but unless a total noobie can start playing Huntercoin in few minutes without a need to have some cryptocoins then I think Huntercoin will never reach mainstream. We can go much more radical when it comes to free generals, like "Free to create, dies upon 6 blocks of inactivity or once it collects 10 HUC". Point here is to let people play for free at start and then if they like the game most will go through trouble of making Cryptsy or Poloniex or wharever account to buy HUC with BTC or whatever else. Many games today are freemium (free to play with premium features) and gaming industry is going that direction big time.

this is good point and a great idea.

snail, what do you think? could there be some way to get free game play with minimal features?

Although I do not agree 100% about how to reach the goal, I definitely agree that to reach mainstream there should be a "low cost" mode that allows people to start using the game and than scale up if they want to compete to gain real hucs, and play fully the game.

Anyway for this to be technically possible, first the blockchain pruning must be implemented, otherwise the problem of blockchain bloating will kill the game.
my2c
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I have posted just a quick thoughts on the matter so they are not perfect but unless a total noobie can start playing Huntercoin in few minutes without a need to have some cryptocoins then I think Huntercoin will never reach mainstream. We can go much more radical when it comes to free generals, like "Free to create, dies upon 6 blocks of inactivity or once it collects 10 HUC". Point here is to let people play for free at start and then if they like the game most will go through trouble of making Cryptsy or Poloniex or wharever account to buy HUC with BTC or whatever else. Many games today are freemium (free to play with premium features) and gaming industry is going that direction big time.

snail, what do you think? could there be some way to get free game play with minimal features?

There would have to be some mechanism to prevent bots from creating tons of free generals though, as has already keen mentioned. Maybe only a single free general could operate from an IP address, or one general per range of IPs. This world still probably be much to easy to spam...
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
good golly gosh

is HUC going to be the Best in Show for gaming coins in 2015?

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
So on death the 200 coins go where? Back to wallet would be nice Tongue

Icon

to the person that attacks you Smiley
glad you will attend http://blockchainworkshops.org/

maybe a good chance to unveil huntercoin Smiley

Already been, unfortunately was not the sort of conference i assumed (i was a last minute replacement).
But i did manage to blurt out a very brief bit of info about huntercoin for about 30 seconds, completely off topic... and only a fraction of what i wanted to say.
I think it was mostly a pro etherium workshop and economists professionals

-

hardfork will be delayed a bit longer while we discuss if spell timers can wait till the next hard fork..

thanks for your frankness. sure, most speakers are not familiar to me.

nice to see HUC grows day by day.
Jump to: