Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 254. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
i forget to mention that i'll put updates about my client here on this page i've created just to stick news in one place:

https://www.facebook.com/MithrilMan

it has no gewgaw, no time for that, i'll put there just news, screenshot, videos and links
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Any chance of a Mac version sometime soon?

I have Mac-only friends wanting to give it a try!

Can't you build it from source on OSX?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
Too slow, too complex for mass adoption. Not everyone is happy with this level of pissing about, and half the people I've introduced to HUC think the resources it uses mean it's a virus. Until it runs faster, syncs faster and uses much fewer resources it's going to be a slow haul. I can happily rin Cryengine2 games with no noticable effect on this machine , yet this simple game cripples it. Even when syncing ...when I can't play.

Fucking waste considering it's possible for all to get involved in theory. Get an SSD? You EVER been advised to do that with any software and who will buy one just to mine a coin they are trying out? A new coin?

Don't ignore the fact that this is far from a playable game or easy on resources. It will die. What a waste.

A lot of the issue is how QT works. MM's client is coming out, and uses a different technology, and it's a lot smoother with no freezing/not responding.

Im a big HUC fan but I have to agree with timmers, mithrilmans client will most likely improve the gameplay, but the real issue is the synching/resource hogging part since most people I introduced to HUC aren't able to finish the syncing part they just quit and told me their laptop froze, not everyone's aware of ramdisk and knows how to use datadir and most normal laptops doesn't have the capacity to free 2-3gb ram for ramdisk or built in with ssd it would take days to sync 5 weeks of blocks using a normal day to day laptop, I reckon we lost a lot of potential players due to this, so while waiting for a fix, I suggest instead of pointing the wallet link directly to mediafire, maybe point it to a post explaining how to install ramdisk + datadir and how to upload the recent blockchain if they don't have enough ram so new players with normal laptops wouldn't have to sync from the start then wallet and updatedblockchain download link after the tutorials.
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!

- statistic window introduced (crown has the color of the owner)
this is a testnet screnshot so don't care data inside

- added ability to hide/show GUI with CTRL+H (there are plenty windows floating around and sometime can be useful to hide them all to see some corner

plan now is to move the radar, adding it into a tab in the "My Troop" window, with the ability to toggle hunters color (so you can see only red, blue, etc.. or a mix)
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Any chance of a Mac version sometime soon?

I have Mac-only friends wanting to give it a try!
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
Too slow, too complex for mass adoption. Not everyone is happy with this level of pissing about, and half the people I've introduced to HUC think the resources it uses mean it's a virus. Until it runs faster, syncs faster and uses much fewer resources it's going to be a slow haul. I can happily rin Cryengine2 games with no noticable effect on this machine , yet this simple game cripples it. Even when syncing ...when I can't play.

Fucking waste considering it's possible for all to get involved in theory. Get an SSD? You EVER been advised to do that with any software and who will buy one just to mine a coin they are trying out? A new coin?

Don't ignore the fact that this is far from a playable game or easy on resources. It will die. What a waste.

A lot of the issue is how QT works. MM's client is coming out, and uses a different technology, and it's a lot smoother with no freezing/not responding.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
█ Scrooge D Silver █
So, why are there only a few pools to merge mine. Had to google translate this Chinese pool to figure out, what this is all about...
Is it also possible to mine it directly without the merge?

I hope the dev is working on the resources and sync problems, as I want to finally play the game^^
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Hi, any new about the coming of the HUC on cryptsy ?  The Huc deserves it.

Probably syncing Cheesy hahaha
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
forgot to say.. you can just buy/trade hucs without playing the game. hoard them? maybe best if people are getting frustrated with the game play.

I can play it fine on a windows machine + ubuntu in vmware at the same time (2 clients)

I play on a windows machine without any VM or Ram Drive etc.
It SOMETIMES freezes when a block is processed, but most of the time its fine.

Don't know why people are moaning about it. You can buy HUC on exchange and hold until price goes up and sell later, or you can play the game and try to earn some coin in game yourself (which is not that hard).
Or you could do both, like me, and buy some and play some...
Activity: 448
Merit: 280

We have had some issues building it happens sometimes I would guess we get it working this week
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
forgot to say.. you can just buy/trade hucs without playing the game. hoard them? maybe best if people are getting frustrated with the game play.

I can play it fine on a windows machine + ubuntu in vmware at the same time (2 clients)
Activity: 448
Merit: 280
Yes, HUC was born since 5 weeks. What "mass adoption" means ? Bitcoin is "mass adopted" ? Come on ! Only geeks adopt Bitcoin at the moment. And as part of this geeks who loves video games. Huntercoin is a mixed between video-games and crypo-currency, and he's the only one for the moment.
There are a lot of crypto today, but everybody can love and use the coin he wants. HUC can be used in gamer market. Dogecoin for website with meme/funny gif. Auroracoin for Icelandic. What the problem ? You can convert here at any moment, there are a lot of exchange for that.

Internet economy will be rules by crypto-currency, but not by only one crypto. There is no 1 social network, not 1 ebay, not 1 meme website, not 1 search engine.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

if you want to invest, make money, you need to put up..

the coin is only 5 weeks old..

if you want to earn, you need the best gear.. or just use a ram drive, takes 10 minutes if you want to sync faster

or, be patient and wait for improvements and so it's playable by joe bloggs

---

note, again, it's a not really a game.. it's a job, fun is a side effect. When you mine gold, you need excavators, when you play BF4 you need highend graphics card, when you harvest in huntercoin an SSD will make you sync faster Smiley

also, i'm pretty sure bitcoin wasn't working flawlessly as soon as released?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

Thanks for trying, goodbye!

I'm not trying, I'm telling it how it is. You knob. Smiley
If you want something to work it's got to work for consumers, not just a few geeks willing to fart about. That's the whole fucking point of it being a game and being able to mine it or play it in so many ways...which is defeated completely by ignoring the fact that it's not playable as it is now for all those people who could become involved.

Ignore that and you are stupid, acknowledge it and improve it and you won't scare people away.
Your opinion, a fart in the wind to me. You don't give a shit if it works, always another coin right?
Not like this one, this one could easily walk out of the small arena into the mainstream for many reasons...the obvious one being that it's a game. If it were much easier to get into, that would obviously be better all round.

Until that happens, your answer is byebye? What a clown. Good job it's got fuck all to do with you isn't it?
Activity: 157
Merit: 10

Thanks for trying, goodbye!
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Ok, I see.

Qt Creator is a development environment that you have to install.  You can do it with apt-get or Synaptic.
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Edit: Never used QT creator - is that a windoze thing? I'm on Xubuntu 13.10 64bit.

?!?  I suppose you are making a joke.

I'm on Lubuntu 13.04.

I normally just "git clone"  and run the huntercoin-qt.pro file from inside Qt Creator.

No, no joke. I use this for compiling QT from within the huntercoin folder:

qmake “USE_UPNP=0”
make

thats the easiest way to rock qt on *nix. Stick with that method bud.

Thanks, I thought so...... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
Edit: Never used QT creator - is that a windoze thing? I'm on Xubuntu 13.10 64bit.

?!?  I suppose you are making a joke.

I'm on Lubuntu 13.04.

I normally just "git clone"  and run the huntercoin-qt.pro file from inside Qt Creator.

No, no joke. I use this for compiling QT from within the huntercoin folder:

qmake “USE_UPNP=0”
make

thats the easiest way to rock qt on *nix. Stick with that method bud.
Jump to: