Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 252. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Snailbrain, have you tried having a chat with rsnel about the daemon/merge mining crash? He's pretty clued up on the whole thing..... Wink

already did Smiley
still waiting for some pools to upgrade and test (and exchanges).. i've already PM'd/emailed them.

seems is working for most people.. maybe rsnel can help you.. but  need backtraces for devs to look if you are getting crashes still

Hi all just looking into hunter for the first time. Can someone tell me what all snailbrain has done in the past and what other of the devs working on this coin have done in the past?

Cheers, happy hunting.

do you mean in general, or do you mean in crypto world? if mean what other coins, what are there? anyone can create a normal altcoin.. there are only 3 or 4 which actually show innovation.

I managed the development of Namecoin-qt (and initiated, funded, designed? UI) and co-ordinated deployment of critical namecoin bug spotted by Libcoin (Michael @ Kraken)

I created(?), funded, managed, designed (all game mechanics/UI/concept) the Huntercoin project, and am liaising with devs, pools, exchanges and others to improve it.

The thecoder Mikhail, passed away 2+ weeks ago - he was the C++ expert who converted thoughts into code ("impossible" was not in his dictionary). Mikhail coded both Namecoin-qt and Huntercoin..

Devs working on the project :

Khal - Lead Namecoin dev for 2+ years?
Domob - Namecoin Dev, working on various namecoin projects, and also is undertaking the reimplementation of Namecoin onto Libcoin (and will then attempt the same for huntercoin) - this should give significant improvements.
Huntercraftmine - very skillled and has a few devs who work with him

MithrilMan, not sure what he has worked on in the past, but his client speaks louder than words anyway
Huntercoin.info - not sure of this history. but his website shows his ability

Many pools are assisting and other people of which are too many to list.

I think the dev needs to contact Cryptsy and asks if they have any difficulty in adding HUC to their market.

I have - can't do anymore, need to be patient.

Snailbrain, have you tried having a chat with rsnel about the daemon/merge mining crash? He's pretty clued up on the whole thing..... Wink

Yes, I got the crash logs. Other developers were faster than me. Crash seems to be related to non-thread safity in the JSON IO library.

Nice one rsnel, thanks for the reply  Smiley

Peace  Grin

Rsnel can't you please explain why the client is so slow during downloads?  And when we play the game?

I ran the client in the debug mode of Qt Creator and I could see that the interface freezes during

AcceptToMemoryPool
askfor tx
askfor block
received block

etc.

Snailbrain says it is because of the "reorgs" during downloads of blocks.  Domob did a patch, but I am too far behind to actually get the client working (need to download the blockchain).

Domob's patch is here:       https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/pull/13

reorgs are only causing pauses during gameplay (maybe other reasons also) - (also does the same with daemon, so don't think is qt related atm)

downloading the chain is another issue of which namecoin has too.. if rsnel can help, it would be awesome as can be ported to namecoin

domob patch doesn't fix the pausing.. we may still commit it later after some more discussion
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
no offense but lemmi get this straight... so you actually have to sit at your computer and spend hours on a game with bad graphics to get a decent amount of coins? Automation of mining is a benefit, why take that away?

Amazing, isn't it?

Only issue is apparently the merged mining bit has not taken off really.
Activity: 448
Merit: 280
 Domob did a patch, but I am too far behind to actually get the client working (need to download the blockchain).

You can download faster the blockchain here :

Block Chain Download @ Block 73042 https://mega.co.nz/#!7oRWlLpC!4pWoNHwgzvJd7ekfksk5H-jYMyXb-ywxhqQ-sj6SOxc

And finish with normal sync (I quoted the link from the OP)
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
Anyone finding many bots? Got any insights on them?

I did not - have you?

If yes let us know.

Kind regards!
Activity: 481
Merit: 252

Yes, I got the crash logs. Other developers were faster than me. Crash seems to be related to non-thread safity in the JSON IO library.

Nice one rsnel, thanks for the reply  Smiley

Peace  Grin

Rsnel can't you please explain why the client is so slow during downloads?  And when we play the game?

I ran the client in the debug mode of Qt Creator and I could see that the interface freezes during

AcceptToMemoryPool
askfor tx
askfor block
received block

etc.

Snailbrain says it is because of the "reorgs" during downloads of blocks.  Domob did a patch, but I am too far behind to actually get the client working (need to download the blockchain).

Domob's patch is here:       https://github.com/chronokings/huntercoin/pull/13
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
Anyone finding many bots? Got any insights on them?

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

Nice one rsnel, thanks for the reply  Smiley

Peace  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
no offense but lemmi get this straight... so you actually have to sit at your computer and spend hours on a game with bad graphics to get a decent amount of coins? Automation of mining is a benefit, why take that away?

huntercoin is merged mining... so you can mine a scrypt coin and just get bonus huntercoin.... no benefit lost, only alot to be gained
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com

Or you can buy and hold.

or sell something for them, offer a service or mine and hold! Mine and sell ASAP is best though Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 280

Or you can buy and hold.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com

*years
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
what's the profit like for scrypt mining? is it worth the electricity cost? How many coins per day per 1000 kh/s ?

how many coins can you average human mining?
80% of the block coins go to the game
20% to the miners
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
what's the profit like for scrypt mining? is it worth the electricity cost? How many coins per day per 1000 kh/s ?

how many coins can you average human mining?
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
I think the dev needs to contact Cryptsy and asks if they have any difficulty in adding HUC to their market.

I'll shoot them a email and post their response here.

Edit:

Good sign at least
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
you can travel in time ;Wink

Every now and then, the cosmic forces that run the multiverse end up with a few stale shares and orphaned seconds, which forces them to mine more time. We're not sure what algo they're using, but apparently time is merge mined, so it doesn't matter much.

I would like some of whatever you are smoking

Will pay HUC for a J of it too Cheesy!
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
I help to launch ICO / collecting
Jump to: