Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 253. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Hi all just looking into hunter for the first time. Can someone tell me what all snailbrain has done in the past and what other of the devs working on this coin have done in the past?

Cheers, happy hunting.

You can visit his profile page & scroll through his posts, that'll give you a good idea of his integrity. Or you can just ask him.....via PM  Wink

Peace  Smiley

But if people put answers here then everyone else who has the same question in the future can read it instead of PMing him.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Hi all just looking into hunter for the first time. Can someone tell me what all snailbrain has done in the past and what other of the devs working on this coin have done in the past?

Cheers, happy hunting.

You can visit his profile page & scroll through his posts, that'll give you a good idea of his integrity. Or you can just ask him.....via PM  Wink

Peace  Smiley
Activity: 180

Cheers, happy hunting.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
you can travel in time ;Wink

Every now and then, the cosmic forces that run the multiverse end up with a few stale shares and orphaned seconds, which forces them to mine more time. We're not sure what algo they're using, but apparently time is merge mined, so it doesn't matter much.

I would like some of whatever you are smoking
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
you can travel in time ;Wink

Every now and then, the cosmic forces that run the multiverse end up with a few stale shares and orphaned seconds, which forces them to mine more time. We're not sure what algo they're using, but apparently time is merge mined, so it doesn't matter much.
Activity: 924
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Snailbrain, have you tried having a chat with rsnel about the daemon/merge mining crash? He's pretty clued up on the whole thing..... Wink
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
What's the problem, it happens every day to me, chronom comes back two turns ago but my kamikaze explosed after the move of my guys ! I don't understand, it happens every day. I'm alone  to know this problem ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw

You think it is?? Smiley

De ja vu ... too much of blue pills can make you suffer those.

suffer those.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
What's the problem, it happens every day to me, chronom comes back two turns ago but my kamikaze explosed after the move of my guys ! I don't understand, it happens every day. I'm alone  to know this problem ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_KmNZNT5xw
Activity: 140
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
█ Scrooge D Silver █
So, why are there only a few pools to merge mine. Had to google translate this Chinese pool to figure out, what this is all about...
Is it also possible to mine it directly without the merge?

Bump

HUC top 20 Market Cap in few month Smiley

Yeah, it's so unique and devs working hard.
I'd guess, some time soon big promotion will start with news all around the gaming sites Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 280
HUC top 20 Market Cap in few month Smiley
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Im exclusively holding HUC for now. The decline in price aint foolin me!
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
sounds great  Smiley

It does for sure!

I hope it will be so great as it sounds..
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Just a note:

Although i may not post here about what is happening in the background all the time (although probably i post more than every other altcoin dev)-

We are working in the background with pools, exchanges, miners, developers. I'm emailing / pm'ing /chatting 8+ hours a day... there are many many devs/people working on Huntercoin, in many different areas.. probably more than any other coin bar bitcoin/namecoin

All problems will be sorted ...

for now, put up with it, it isn't really that bad considering the jump we have done from "altcoin" to huntercoin Smiley

I understand some people are frustrated with syncing etc, but don't worry.. what ever it takes, Huntercoin will be the best Smiley

The amount of stuff in the pipeline is going to make Huntercoin >> very good

---

For syncing from scratch, for now:
You can download the entire blockchain (mostly) in the OP
You can use a Ram Drive (takes a couple of hours max to download the chain [if have fast internet)
You can use an SSD (takes 3 or 4 hours)

-

In the "near" future:

Players will not need to download the block chain
Graphics can be improved
Will be an advanced alternative client (Mithrilman)
Will be able to play in Browser/Mobile Devices and Tablets - instant login anywhere in the world
and more
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Just a summary on Poloniex, so everybody can read it here.

Huntercoin balances are not affected. Bitcoin balances are, but will be reimbursed.
Apparently somebody found an error, which let him withdraw more than he had in his account. 12.3% of Bitcoins (not funds, just bitcoins) were stolen. Poloniex said they will deduct 12.3% of all Bitcoin balances for now - again, just Bitcoin -  and reimburs everybody once they have made enough funds from fees.
They said trading and withdrawals will be frozen for another 10 hours or so.

I think they handled it very well.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Poloniex got hacked tonight. Do not transfer coins there until they post about what happened ect. The site owner says that they have patched the problem ect and it appears only 5 users holding BTC got effected (that is just troll box thus far, but the site is frozen.)

https://twitter.com/Poloniex?original_referer=https%3A%2F%2Fpoloniex.com%2Fexchange%2Fbtc_huc&profile_id=2288889440&tw_i=440616436575121409&tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=429695127934611456

Not sure if HUC are safe there (I am currently holding some there.)
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Too slow, too complex for mass adoption. Not everyone is happy with this level of pissing about, and half the people I've introduced to HUC think the resources it uses mean it's a virus. Until it runs faster, syncs faster and uses much fewer resources it's going to be a slow haul. I can happily rin Cryengine2 games with no noticable effect on this machine , yet this simple game cripples it. Even when syncing ...when I can't play.

Fucking waste considering it's possible for all to get involved in theory. Get an SSD? You EVER been advised to do that with any software and who will buy one just to mine a coin they are trying out? A new coin?

Don't ignore the fact that this is far from a playable game or easy on resources. It will die. What a waste.

Its very good to emphasize the issues but what now?  Despite its problems, Huntercoin will chug along until all the kinks are ironed out.  The idea is simply too compelling.

I suggest that the current developers (Snailbrain, Pompobit, Domob, Mithril Man etc) start to hold regular meetings on IRC to iron out all issues.  Maybe once or twice a week.  Dump the transcript, and then everyone gets assigned a topic to sort out.  Freicoin did that, and it really helped the currency to move forward. The developers of actual games like Worldforge, Glest and openDUNE should also be invited.

I am not sure who started the #huntercoin channel on freenode, but that is probably the best place to start.

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Hi, any new about the coming of the HUC on cryptsy ?  The Huc deserves it.

We have had some issues building it happens sometimes I would guess we get it working this week

I cannot find what BitJohn said, has he delete it?
Jump to: