Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 69. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
Neucoins biggest appeal was that it let people earn coins by playing an online game (Solitaire Racer) and similar things.

From the articles, I liked the part where he lists the advantages of giving players only a pittance, so that selling is pointless (good for distribution) and botting would be pointless too (therefore no problem). Sure...  Grin

nobody wants to wait minutes for a character to move

the other extreme would be an high stakes arena within the normal Huntercoin map where moves are at glacial speed, and the rules much more complex. Like correspondence chess, 1 move per 24h. To cater to players who don't have too much time on their hands.

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
It's hard to make a game completely decentralized. There sre games out there tied to crypto that are more fun, none of them can claim to be doing that. Once Huntercore update is done we'll improve the gameplay, while other games will still be on Facebook's central server.

I don't think 1 minute block time will be a problem in the long run. Our intention is to create multiple worlds, so devs like MM and wiggi can run off in their own directions without conflict. They could do things like program hunters on their client to resolve combat via an action-oriented minigame. The game could occur on his server but be cryptographically verified on-chain. It would even be possible to code the game to run P2P, I think, layered overtop the Hunter chain
Activity: 955
Merit: 500
FYI, i'm working on a side project linked somehow to huntercoin

[...]
So it will still be a turn based game, but centralized (i'll build a server to host game/rules) and turns will be fixed and faster, i think something like 20 seconds as a starting point.
[...]

Anyway my first (alpha) implementation will probably have these features (i'm not yet sure how much i want already change some core gameplay features right now):

- 20 seconds (fixed, no random time block) turns,
- same starting map or pickable wiggi alternative
- no pending moves, when you make your turn moves, the moves will be applied at the end of the turn (if you move in time of course)
- fixed hunters per player (not sure how much, maybe 6, but could change later)
- no fees (*1)
- ammo/weapon combat system, with cooldowns (*2)
- different kind of hunters, with different stats (*3)
- collectible items (ammo, armor, temporary buffs, and of course coins)

[...]

those are just example, need to find a balanced gameplay, but that's the reason of an alpha stage, just play, give feedback, change features/tweak stats and reiterate
I've not an ETA yet, I'm new to Unity and i'm learning it and the idea I have isn't easy, but I'm motivated and who know me know that this is enough to be confident Smiley
Will keep this forum updated as things goes on if interested.

It looks like an important project.

To give an idea of the potential, look again at Neucoin, the first main potential competitor of Huntercoin.

Even though it is hugely premined, with ico etc
Even though the main dev is known for commercial ventures of questionable ethics (e.g. Jango.com)
Even though most of its features don't even work

~still~

It got free positive press on a scale few coins have gotten
http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-is-a-new-cryptocurrency-designed-for-microtransactions/
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/neucoin-reaches-users-after-launch-of-facebook-game-and-jango-radio-1458231423
http://bitcoinist.net/neucoin-destroy-coins-projects/

And even now, with most people considering it a scam, it still has a solid market cap of $400,000. Liquidity is not great but a person could sell 6 btc down to 1/3 of the current bid, better than most coins. They received something like us$2 million in initial sponsors.

----

Neucoins biggest appeal was that it let people earn coins by playing an online game (Solitaire Racer) and similar things.

I'm sorry to always spam this thread, and I hope Mithril is taking the first positive step in developing Huntercoin as a more serious project, but let me copy something from Neucoin's website http://www.neucoin.org/en/wiki/#freemium-distribution

"In today’s digital economy, offering a free entry-level service is key to easing consumers into a new consumer experience. [...] This has been a critical success factor for growth and conversion for premium consumer services like Dropbox, Skype, Viber, Whatsapp, Spotify, Candy Crush Saga.

NeuCoin’s distribution strategy enables it to fuel its marketing with freemium tokens (giving users a few free NeuCoin to get started). [...]

With NeuCoin, consumers can easily earn NeuCoins by investing their time and attention. It's analogous to Proof-of-Work miners investing computing power - only regular consumers can participate and earn rewards for doing something they enjoy. That's NeuCoin's path to millions of users.
NeuCoin's Radical Idea - Distribution as a Tool for Mass Adoption

NeuCoin's vision is distribution to ALL who create value and utility - to massive numbers of end users, to service providers like exchanges and payment processors, and to content creators that integrate NeuCoin as a means of microtransactions, like game developers, content publishers, musicians, photographers, filmmakers, writers, etc - along with the miners who secure the network.

This distribution approach offers a tremendous competitive advantage over virtual currencies like Bitcoin that are distributed only to miners, which are unable to encourage consumer adoption by giving users small numbers of tokens to easily try out.
How NOT to distribute a virtual currency - for free, in exchange for nothing

Simply handing out free tokens, aka "airdrops," whether to all the citizens in a country or the whole world, or to all Facebook or Twitter accounts, or to all holders of other cryptocurrencies - doesn't work. It just leads to the new recipients selling, exchanging or forgetting their new tokens, which to them are nothing more than funny money. Also, this kind of distribution leads to massive amounts of abuse from fraudsters using software robots or click farms to create multiple accounts and obtain more tokens in order to dump them.
How NOT to distribute a virtual currency - for free, in exchange for nothing

[...]

Investing time and attention doesn't mean a few quick clicks to collect a freebie. Rather, users may spend hours trying to win a game to get 5 cents worth of NeuCoins to spend on power-ups. [...]

This type of earning-by-using won't just prevent fraud, it also rewards people for doing something that they already like doing and gives them an even better experience - with no change in behavior. You wouldn't play the NeuCoin-integrated game just to earn the coins because the pay-outs are too small to be worth your time. But if you like the game anyway, you might play the NeuCoin version of Solitaire or Name-That-Tune instead of another one, so that you can earn some extra NeuCoins. Plus you might challenge your friend to a game, where the winner gets a couple of more coins. Especially if those NeuCoins can be used across multiple games, akin to airline miles.

This also makes it more attractive for service providers to integrate NeuCoin. They can use NeuCoin distribution as an added value and retention tool to reward their users for certain behaviors - spending more time on the site, logging in more often, inviting more players, watching more videos or ads, reading more articles, tweeting about or liking the service provider on Facebook, leaving comments, tipping content creators, etc.

Real engagement, real use, real value. Giving massive numbers of mainstream consumers their first crypto experience, earning and using "freemium" NeuCoins in a way that improves their online experience and makes them want to come back for more. That's how freemium distribution can lead to mass adoption."

Granted, the Neucoin spiel is utter marketing bullshit. Advertising schlock with no substance, as the games don't work, the wallets neither etc.

But Huntercoin has already been pursuing this distribution model, however poorly, and more importantly has a solid historical connection to the development of this kind of progressive distribution (Namecoin etc).

Huntercoin still may become one of the all time major cryptocurrencies. Mithril please look at realities of what people will actually play i.e., nobody wants to wait minutes for a character to move, and keep in mind the realities of any economy, i.e., distribution is key.

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
FYI, i'm working on a side project linked somehow to huntercoin

I'm goint to create a stand alone game (in Unity, so should be played on Mac and Linux too), with the same huntercoin map/wiggi map as starting point, and "similar" rules, but not using any coins during alpha stage
Similar means that the game will remind somewhat current huntercoin game, but rules will be much different

So it will still be a turn based game, but centralized (i'll build a server to host game/rules) and turns will be fixed and faster, i think something like 20 seconds as a starting point.
I'm not sure if simulating the pending rules or not, i think that as a gameplay issue, pending moves ruins that, but at the same time i'd like to replicate current huntercoin environment because i'd like my game to be somewhat a playground to test new things before implementing them on huntercoin

Anyway my first (alpha) implementation will probably have these features (i'm not yet sure how much i want already change some core gameplay features right now):

- 20 seconds (fixed, no random time block) turns,
- same starting map or pickable wiggi alternative
- no pending moves, when you make your turn moves, the moves will be applied at the end of the turn (if you move in time of course)
- fixed hunters per player (not sure how much, maybe 6, but could change later)
- no fees (*1)
- ammo/weapon combat system, with cooldowns (*2)
- different kind of hunters, with different stats (*3)
- collectible items (ammo, armor, temporary buffs, and of course coins)

to play, you'll need Huntercoins to create characters and buy equipments, and game will have reward mechanics that will give you back huntercoins too, so a good player will be able to gain huntercoins while playing, this is another way I've though to support even more huntercoin. During alpha stage no coins will be needed, all will be virtual, but if things goes fine with the game, huntercoin integration will be the next move

*1)
no fees mean that, instead of spending 20 huc every destruct, it costs you nothing. Even moves fee are removed.
only cost (but not in alpha) will be for creating a hunter, or join a game that will let you start with all available hunters (I've still to balance mechanics so this is just an idea) anyway the goal will be the same as now:
collect coins on the map and fighting versus other players. Details about how to gain huntercoin will follow when I've found a balanced gameplay

*2)
to attack, an hunter need at least an ammo, and hit hunter can resist, based on their armor.
When a hunter is struck, he lose an armor point, when hunter goes to 0, the next time he's struck he die.
After an attack, a hunter can't attack for some amount of blocks (cooldown)

*3)
There are different kind of hunters and friendly fire is on, this mean that will be no yellow/red/blue/green, but every hunter can harm another, even if they are of the same type.
any kind of hunter have its own features: someone will have more ammos, someone more armor, and probably different speeds (one can move 1Tile per turn, other 2, etc.. but i'll start without adding too much, then adding during time new features)
Any different kind of hunter have different regeneration rates, so a hunter can have maximum 5 ammo and regeneration rate of 1 ammo every 6 blocks, but only maximum 2 armor with a regeneration of 1 armor every 15 blocks, and a cooldoown of 2 blocks, while another can have 3 ammo, 3 armor and a cooldown of 3 blocks, etc...

those are just example, need to find a balanced gameplay, but that's the reason of an alpha stage, just play, give feedback, change features/tweak stats and reiterate
I've not an ETA yet, I'm new to Unity and i'm learning it and the idea I have isn't easy, but I'm motivated and who know me know that this is enough to be confident Smiley
Will keep this forum updated as things goes on if interested.

Other than that, I think it's good for mainnet @ 1220000 Smiley

Updated the big gamestate to version 3 (game_sv3.dat, pruned with "prune_gamedb 10000" only 0.5MB) and the windows binaries to be on par with github repo. Everything is set.

Also @ 1220000, an AI market maker will spawn has spawned.

It's 3 pairs now (HUC, Gems, and chronoDollar) If one moves, the others will move too.
Indication for opening that the MM use was 0.09 CRD/gems, but because Huntercoin recuperated a bit for the week, this is now 0.0815

edit: the MM comes with a voting system, and will not actively advance it's limit orders past the point advised by the median vote.
I put this in as an emergency brake, in case of artificial stupidity. (adv_chrono.txt should be self-explanatory how it works)

Imo this is also the definition of the words "voting" vs "motion", similar to the "player are players, and hunters are player characters".
If the result enforces itself then it was a vote.

Pseudo-anonymity has interesting gameplay implications. I was collecting coins in a dead-end corner of the map when two other Hunters came by from different directions. I assumed they were just passing through or going to fight each other, but it turns out they were both controlled by the same player--he gave very different names so others wouldn't catch on.

I noticed when they turned in unison to trap me. Then they ganged up on me and took all my loot  Embarrassed

Seems like there is a new bunch of hunter names and this new player (or perhaps it's only the hidden evil personality of a well known veteran player) is super aggressiv.
Basically playing 12h+ per day and attacking when he has no advantage, just for the attrition. (fees, time, nerves)

And no one can ban him for griefing Grin It's only possible to make the clients better so that a skilled player can defeat foes like this with less effort. Simple autodestruct is no longer really up to the task.

Developer!
Pseudo-anonymity has interesting gameplay implications. I was collecting coins in a dead-end corner of the map when two other Hunters came by from different directions. I assumed they were just passing through or going to fight each other, but it turns out they were both controlled by the same player--he gave very different names so others wouldn't catch on.

I noticed when they turned in unison to trap me. Then they ganged up on me and took all my loot  Embarrassed

if you play a lot you'll notice that some players have more or less the same name patterns every day, while others uses random names
a way to guess, in my client, if two hunters are controlled by the same player is right clicking on a hunter name in "Cell info" window or "Target" window and press the "Find Teamed Up Hunters", that feature will list all hunters that share the same reward address

of course this works only for hunters that have a reward address set, and it's not so common
legendary

I've managed to generate a map that can be opened in Tiled Map

the zip that you can download from my site here

contains both the default map (default.json) and wiggi map, named wiggi.json with the companion tileset ground3.png that, for performance reason, has been compacted in one file instead of many pieces

both files can be opened in Tiled Map and so you can tweak the map by hand

Nothe that the obstacle layer, that by default is set to visible = false, is there just to show which are the walkable tiles and can't change because it's used to validate moves by the huntercoin daemon, all other layers are editable

If anyone wants to play some with the map, i can then generate back the format used in my client to show the map, and even the QT arrays

note that on wiggi.json map, i've set the opacity of layer1/2/3 to ground and two shadow (names are screwed but they are not important) to 0.6 because they mostly contains shadows tiles (could be lowered a bit to improve the result)

Thanks, I'll try this out.

(downloaded the windows version of Tiled, their source on github has even a ".pro" file, but I couldn't get the latest master or v0.16 to compile)

legendary
I'm familiarizing myself with MithrilMan's client in preparation for the next Challenge so we can get video material... if you see a Hunter named "sirwagginston," don't kill me

I wanna kill you first  Grin
Developer!
Wiggi, now it's my turn to give you back something Smiley

I've managed to generate a map that can be opened in Tiled Map

the zip that you can download from my site here

contains both the default map (default.json) and wiggi map, named wiggi.json with the companion tileset ground3.png that, for performance reason, has been compacted in one file instead of many pieces

both files can be opened in Tiled Map and so you can tweak the map by hand

Nothe that the obstacle layer, that by default is set to visible = false, is there just to show which are the walkable tiles and can't change because it's used to validate moves by the huntercoin daemon, all other layers are editable

If anyone wants to play some with the map, i can then generate back the format used in my client to show the map, and even the QT arrays

note that on wiggi.json map, i've set the opacity of layer1/2/3 to ground and two shadow (names are screwed but they are not important) to 0.6 because they mostly contains shadows tiles (could be lowered a bit to improve the result)
testing for the revolution and doing in Huntercoin what Bitshares set out to do when it was young
and not on the dark side: the (completely p2p) creation of a bitasset pegged to a brick-and-mortar-world currency...

Testnet prices are different:
HUC (according to block 321500 feed): 0.005 USD
GEM (block 321500 settlement):        140 HUC
Calculated fair value (rounded down to cent) is then 1 Gem = 1.42 Dollar.
3 times that is where in Bitshares the system would implode, here it's just an option strike price and nothing would implode

adv_chrono.txt:
Code:
settlement:                                                  chronon    covered call strike

previous                                          1.42        321500    4.26   
pending                                           1.42        321600    4.26   

->example chat message to buy 1 chronoDollar (and sell 1 covered call)
CRD:GEM set bid 1 at 1.42

->example chat message to sell 1 chronoDollar (and buy 1 covered call)
CRD:GEM set ask 1 at 1.42

Some orders:
(buying does not use up any coins or gems. It's a future contract, with the hunters using items in their possession as collateral.
Coins are normally not in their possession, but loot.nAmount could be. Theoretically, would require hardfork)

nin7: CRD:GEM set bid 2 at 1.3
nin8: CRD:GEM set ask 3 at 1.5

Now it looks a bit more interesting.
nin7 has 2.6 gems at risk (the CRD price can't become negative)
The contract specs are automatic settlement in cash (i.e. gems) every 10000 chronons (testnet: 100 chronons) if the price is not higher than the call strike.

Code:
 CRD:GEM open orders (chronon  321508, testnet)
 ----------------------------------------------

hunter      ask        ask      order    chronoDollar   gems at risk    additional
storage vault key                    name        size       price    chronon      position     if filled    P/L if filled   flags

hTyR15C64MvC6aPY7x5DpJ81wigKjVkeS7   nin8        3.00 at      1.50   321507           0.00    8.28               0.00      ok       

nin13: CRD:GEM set bid 1 at 1.5
nin13: CRD:GEM set ask 1 at 1.3

Code:
 CRD:GEM trader positions (chronon  321525, testnet)
 ---------------------------------------------------

hunter             chronoDollar   trade   trade
storage vault key                    name        gems   position       price   P/L

hTyR15C64MvC6aPY7x5DpJ81wigKjVkeS7   nin8       10.03        -1.00      1.50   0.00
hZJrhVR15Du8uVZTaxv93j8x8iDaFi9785   nin13       4.06         0.00      1.30  -0.20
haSJpt6wDMrznenm2gXjyLzhJKEiz3wLzk   nin7        3.16         1.00      1.30   0.00

Someone lost, so someone must have profited.
(P/L is always credited at next expiry/settlement block)

nin8: CRD:GEM set ask 4 at 1.67
nin20: CRD:GEM set ask 1 at 2.27

nin13: CRD:GEM set bid 3 at 1.29
nin7: CRD:GEM set bid 3 at 1.09

Need newest version, this one for windows:
https://github.com/wiggi/huntercoin/commit/47358de17de9d12655c2e6264013f450a51eb1bc
or the client will crash.

Other than that, I think it's good for mainnet @ 1220000 Smiley

Developer!
successfully implemented changes in my client, here a screenshot:

having 7 layers degrade a bit the performance but not so much, i implemented then a custom json map format to apply alpha blending per layer, so i applied 0.6 alpha on layers 1, 2 and 3 (that contains the shadows tiles, but probably not just shadows)

layers actually are somewhat mixed by content so it's not easy to apply generic transformations, I'm planning to generate from your layers a Tiled map format so the map could be easily managed by that Tiled program, that's very cool (and free) for this kind of stuffs

anyway nice work so far wiggi!

P.S.
this new client version isn't yet released, first i want to polish a bit the map as said and add a settings so that players could chose whatever map they prefer: default one or wiggi one (and in future more of course!)
Developer!
So everyone's sure it was superman1? If that's the case, I'm going to have SnailBrain send him the prize and announce the next challenge Smiley

yes i saw him was still holding the crown 2 hours ago, now he went to bank, he's the winner (don't know the address tho, should check somehow with block explorer or some qt command)
legendary
So everyone's sure it was superman1? If that's the case, I'm going to have SnailBrain send him the prize and announce the next challenge Smiley
Developer!
Ha! I can see it there on the live map view via Android, but nobody is holding it. Closest hunters are MithrilMan and Bear

lol those are the 2 hunters i transfered to him yesterday, still alive?
today i didn't logged to the game for the whole day, cmon someone fight there! Smiley

I suppose disaster will strike before someone attack him
legendary
Ha! I can see it there on the live map view via Android, but nobody is holding it. Closest hunters are MithrilMan and Bear
or better yet, the block height.

he's still there, no one would disturb the victory pose of the winning team  Tongue

legendary
I think a game is the perfect way to implement human mining because we want the process to be enjoyable for the human. The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play.

On that topic, Friday's Huntercoin challenge has begun! The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC, a sizeable bounty equivalent to over $100 US or a quarter of a BTC. Spread the word on social media by giving us a retweet: https://twitter.com/ChronoKings/status/720967504412090368

hi,my hunter (superman1) with crown have reached on top right corner(501,0) now,let me know if i win this challange or this challenge just april mop,this is my addres : HCwXdMvPdKHoUceuhruLdD8ZUXUjc8q5en

thanks

Oh snap, I'll investigate and see if your claim is valid! It'll go faster if you can tell me approximately what time it was when you brought the Crown there, or better yet, the block height.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I think a game is the perfect way to implement human mining because we want the process to be enjoyable for the human. The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play.

On that topic, Friday's Huntercoin challenge has begun! The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC, a sizeable bounty equivalent to over $100 US or a quarter of a BTC. Spread the word on social media by giving us a retweet: https://twitter.com/ChronoKings/status/720967504412090368

hi,my hunter (superman1) with crown have reached on top right corner(501,0) now,let me know if i win this challange or this challenge just april mop,this is my addres : HCwXdMvPdKHoUceuhruLdD8ZUXUjc8q5en

thanks
Pages:
Jump to: