Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 70. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
in my case the running version just poll, so no problem for me but I'm very interested in ZeroMQ.

Polling should work out-of-the-box.

During my daily job I already work with service buses and queue systems (like RabbitMQ), and using ZeroMQ sounds nice to me, but how far bitcoin/huntercoin core goes deep into ZeroMQ?
Is it used to broadcast even the pending transactions?

where can i see a list of dispatched events?

I'm not sure, as I've not yet really used that feature of Bitcoin.  You can take a look here:
  https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/02/23/release-0.12.0/
  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/4594

I've not done any changes for Namecoin or Huntercoin, but of course those can be discussed once the main functionality of the client is there.
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
The main difference is probably that the new code has not yet "game_waitforchange".  Bitcoin's philosophy is more based on callbacks when blocks arrive, like the "-blocknotify" argument.  It also has a ZeroMQ interface for that.  I would prefer to make use of that instead of rolling our own by backporting game_waitforchange - do you think this is possible for you and others?  If not, it should be straight-forward to backport the RPC command at least temporarily.

in my case the running version just poll, so no problem for me but I'm very interested in ZeroMQ.
During my daily job I already work with service buses and queue systems (like RabbitMQ), and using ZeroMQ sounds nice to me, but how far bitcoin/huntercoin core goes deep into ZeroMQ?
Is it used to broadcast even the pending transactions?

where can i see a list of dispatched events?

talking about huntercoin, It would be nice to have almost all events dispatched that way, with events like
- "player hit" that contains data "player AAA killed player BBB at 123,232"
- "player killed" that contains data "player AAA killed player BBB at 123,232"

the event "newblock would contain the same data actually it contains, but some explicit events like the 2 listed above would be really useful"

we could use the same channel even to dispatch chat messages if we want to implement it in realtime using custom nodes message (not sure this is a good idea tho)
legendary
Good news - I think that Huntercoin Core should be ready for first testing by brave individuals, as it should now be able to serve as backend for something like Mithril or Unity.  (Though I'm not sure if they will work out-of-the-box.)  Do not yet use for mining, and use at your own risk!

You can get the code from https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore, and see also http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.0.html.

any thing to know about RPC, any new command? any changed interface?

Mostly the changes Bitcoin did since the old version - but I'm not really aware of anything particular that would be important for your or any other client.  But that's one of the reasons I ask for testing - just try it out and raise any issues you find.

Currently name_list is not yet fully working (with respect to the "dead" flag), but I think I can fix that today.

The main difference is probably that the new code has not yet "game_waitforchange".  Bitcoin's philosophy is more based on callbacks when blocks arrive, like the "-blocknotify" argument.  It also has a ZeroMQ interface for that.  I would prefer to make use of that instead of rolling our own by backporting game_waitforchange - do you think this is possible for you and others?  If not, it should be straight-forward to backport the RPC command at least temporarily.
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Eth raised more than double BTC than LISK.

What's this, unrelated spam?  Or did I miss a "hidden connection" to Huntercoin?

No connection, please return to coding Kiss
legendary
Eth raised more than double BTC than LISK.

What's this, unrelated spam?  Or did I miss a "hidden connection" to Huntercoin?
Developer!
read my edit above

anyway no, he didn't took it there already, now i'm going to bed but i told on chat to report anyone who walk over the right corner here or on huntercoin forum
actually he's 75 blocks away from the corner

a fun fact that happened during the contest was that a bank spawned to the right of the crown holder, what would have happened if it spawned on the next crown holder movement? lol
legendary
Excellent news, Domob... looking forward to spreading the word once it's ready.

The CoinFest challenge: I'm still holding the 20K HUC prize until either someone publicly submits a valid claim or find a tool to automate the checking process and find a winner, myself. Until then, I'm thinking on announcing new rules for the next 20K challenge... who owned the Crown at a specific block height is really easy for me to check. Just have to choose a block Smiley

I'm still monitoring the situation, i player on my client (aditya, suppose was wira time ago but not sure, was taking the crown but then disconnected and another enemy managed to take most of his value, but crown still on place, 150 blocks from corner more or less
he asked me if it's enough to walk on 501,0 and i said yes, fine?
so anyway the first one that take the crown to 501,0 win, can i broadcast it on my chat i suppose?

Did you notice someone take the Crown to the top-right corner? Please do announce it on your chat and also tell us/me if that happens. If this system is working, then we can pick another location for the next prize.
Developer!

The CoinFest challenge: I'm still holding the 20K HUC prize until either someone publicly submits a valid claim or find a tool to automate the checking process and find a winner, myself. Until then, I'm thinking on announcing new rules for the next 20K challenge... who owned the Crown at a specific block height is really easy for me to check. Just have to choose a block Smiley

I'm still monitoring the situation, i player on my client (aditya, suppose was wira time ago but not sure, was taking the crown but then disconnected and another enemy managed to take most of his value, but crown still on place, 150 blocks from corner more or less
he asked me if it's enough to walk on 501,0 and i said yes, fine?
so anyway the first one that take the crown to 501,0 win, can i broadcast it on my chat i suppose?

--
Edit: because i witnessed his bad luck (he lost more or less 2000 HUC while disconnected) i decided to transfer two of my players to him (damn, it's late, this contest is too long Cheesy) so if you see a MithrilMan it's not me! (i wish!)

about next event, taking crown to a spot wasn't bad per se, but the spot was too far, there was many fights that caused player to stuck to an area for long time, so having a closer destination would be better (like 400,250).

anyway i spectated some nice fights, i suppose game funds is a lot bigger now... lot of 20 huc wasted Cheesy

If you want to take the "Crown at a specific block height" route, then would be better to split it multiple time over the day, to not have the timezone issue (e.g. every 60 blocks, roughly 1 hour, you give a fraction of the prize to the holder)

don't  worry about the check, we can do it later
legendary

Developer!
Good news - I think that Huntercoin Core should be ready for first testing by brave individuals, as it should now be able to serve as backend for something like Mithril or Unity.  (Though I'm not sure if they will work out-of-the-box.)  Do not yet use for mining, and use at your own risk!

You can get the code from https://github.com/domob1812/huntercore, and see also http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,22255.0.html.

yeah!

any thing to know about RPC, any new command? any changed interface?
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

looking forward to testing
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
501,0 i believe.

furthest square in the top right.
Activity: 403
Merit: 251
available and easy to use

If you look at the challenge today, the brutal length of time it will take to play it, is it that what you mean?
(or something else/everything from the laundry list: too much data to dl, hardware requirement, initial cost to buy hunters,
difficult rules, quality of docs, quality of graphics, bugs, ... Thats basically the purpose of the voting system,
to sort out the priorities.)

edit: adding to the laundry list: too simple rules, no Skinner box (arguably)

The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC

Whats the definition of top-right corner? 501,0 or perhaps ((501-x)+y<42)

Activity: 955
Merit: 500
...The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play....

And doesn't require an ante... and can be learned and played by anybody...

Look at bithire, a brilliant project.
Neucoin likewise.
both scams?
Not really. They don't lie about the fact that *they* own all the coins and the applications or games have nothing to do with the coin.

Neucoin might really be a scam though, and bithire almost certainly is. Both are great ideas involving developers who appear to have absconded with vast premine or ico funds, as I understand it.

Huntercoin has devs that can be trusted. A person can read a bit and see there is zero chance of Snailbrain or Mithril or you scamming anybody. You are honest people who simply are making poor choices about adapting the coin.

I really need to drop this issue but I will say one more time, and honestly I think most outsiders would agree, Huntercoin is not going to succeed unless it adapts so that it is available and easy to use for any general public anywhere. Most people cannot and/or will not use the coin game as it is now. That is simple fact. You can argue this and that. We can go back and forth you say this, another person says that, it boils down to again Huntercoin is not going to succeed unless it adapts so that it is available and easy to use for any general public anywhere. It's a nice game. Good ambience on the thread. Friendly people. The coin will fail if it doesn't adapt.
Activity: 403
Merit: 251
Neucoin likewise.
both scams?
Not really. They don't lie about the fact that *they* own all the coins and the applications or games have nothing to do with the coin.

They're also unrelated to Huntercoin, except 90%+ of people who see Huntercoin for the first time will assume it's also like this, simply because they already know severel of these.
(this is also a reason why Huntercoin *should* look like a regular Bitcoin wallet)

I think a game is the perfect way to implement human mining because we want the process to be enjoyable for the human. The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play.

On that topic, Friday's Huntercoin challenge has begun! The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC, a sizeable bounty equivalent to over $100 US or a quarter of a BTC. Spread the word on social media by giving us a retweet: https://twitter.com/ChronoKings/status/720967504412090368

And for once, it's a game and not only a mine.   Wink

legendary
I think a game is the perfect way to implement human mining because we want the process to be enjoyable for the human. The trick is in figuring out a decentralized game structure that's fun to play.

On that topic, Friday's Huntercoin challenge has begun! The first Hunter to bring the Crown of Fortune to the top-right corner wins 20K HUC, a sizeable bounty equivalent to over $100 US or a quarter of a BTC. Spread the word on social media by giving us a retweet: https://twitter.com/ChronoKings/status/720967504412090368
An example of human mining http://www.neucoin.org/en/earn

It will be a tragedy if Huntercoin does not quickly become a human mineable coin but it will soon be a field crowded with new coins and if Huntercoin does not do it others are

(I do not own any of that coin but plan to buy some. I still have a lot of huntercoin, hoping it will adapt)

But Neucoin needs a central server to do all that. I don't want to game on a central server.

Uh, neucoin may be a scam  Shocked

HUC has honest devs who only have to look ahead a little bit

edit to add
So many brilliant coin ideas that nobody wants to develop.

Neucoin likewise.
both scams?

The king of coins will be a genuinely human mineable coin with fair distribution (unlike neucoin). Huntercoin has everything needed. It just has to actually be a human mineable coin instead of a game coin.

I'm going to drop the issue and just wait for a coin to develop an authentic human mining process. I hope it will be Huntercoin, but whichever coin it is I will put what little money I have in it. Sorry to be pushy on the issue but it seems tragic that a coin like this with a great history and honest development cannot get past being a video game that isn't even playable for a lot of people
legendary

It will be a tragedy if Huntercoin does not quickly become a human mineable coin but it will soon be a field crowded with new coins and if Huntercoin does not do it others are

(I do not own any of that coin but plan to buy some. I still have a lot of huntercoin, hoping it will adapt)

But Neucoin needs a central server to do all that. I don't want to game on a central server.

Pages:
Jump to: