Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] BoatPilot - integrated marine Navigation Service with AR capabilites - page 33. (Read 38063 times)

Activity: 230
Merit: 10
The idea with AR glasses is very interesting. But unfortunately there is no information when it will be released...

At the end of 2018 should appear information. We will wait ...

Only two months left though. I do hope they`ll release something.

I believe this announcement silence means that the developers are working hard on implementing/testing features. Preparing for 2019?

Not really much to say anymore right now, I agree. They have a working app, they finished all the airdrops and bounties, now they have to work hard on project itself.
Activity: 126
Merit: 5
The idea with AR glasses is very interesting. But unfortunately there is no information when it will be released...

I think that most likely it will be in early 2019.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2

I believe this announcement silence means that the developers are working hard on implementing/testing features. Preparing for 2019?
Merit: 1

Activity: 233

Activity: 121
Analyse any coin project for crypto tips -Write me
From the first glance BP looks like a simple navigator. What`s the key difference from the other products present in the market?

So basically BoatPilot project it is not just a simple navigator as it consists of three elements:
1. BoatPilot - the navigator itself.
2. Pocket Skipper - service app, here you can check ads, book yachts etc. As far as I know it`s not released yet.
3. BoatGod - the most interesting part for me. Hardware module that gathers Geodata and helps to keep community`s maps up to date.

Altogether, if we consider both BoatGod and promised AR capabilities, this is one of the most (if not the only) hardware-driven projects out there.

Seems so. I`d appreciate if they release more info on PocketSkipper and BoatGod - BoatPilot is a navigator, that`s as simple as that, but the two other features (together with the AR) are the main point of interest.
I do hope we see more in the nearest future.
And I think they will develop their own special glasses.

I think that instead of developing their own glasses by themselves, the team will order a company specializing in AR gear to produce glasses under BoatPilot franchise. This way it`ll be more efficient, as learning to produce AR gear from scratch will be too long and expensive.
From the first glance BP looks like a simple navigator. What`s the key difference from the other products present in the market?

BP has additional features. For example, augmented reality mode.

Are there any info on which AR gear they`ll use? I bet there is room for more partnership with AR-producing companies.

I *think*, that they plan to use google glasses with AR mode.

And I think they will develop their own special glasses.
Activity: 259

Are there any info on which AR gear they`ll use? I bet there is room for more partnership with AR-producing companies.

I *think*, that they plan to use google glasses with AR mode.

So basically BoatPilot project it is not just a simple navigator as it consists of three elements:
1. BoatPilot - the navigator itself.
2. Pocket Skipper - service app, here you can check ads, book yachts etc. As far as I know it`s not released yet.
3. BoatGod - the most interesting part for me. Hardware module that gathers Geodata and helps to keep community`s maps up to date.

Altogether, if we consider both BoatGod and promised AR capabilities, this is one of the most (if not the only) hardware-driven projects out there.

Btw, are there any statements about paid features or premium accounts? It seems like a perfect platform to implement it.

I heard that the first buyers of tokens will have premium features.

As I understood from the WP, they`ll just receive bonus tokens depending on how much they purchase.
Is it though? I think it would be redundant, as app already monetizes itself.
I also don`t see the point in introducing premium features, the token is enough for monetization. May be you have some specific ideas for premium features?

After having a second thought, I actually agree with you guys. Devs implement premium to gain additional revenue from users in initially unmonetized systems (i.e. in games) for selling virtual stuff, this feature seems really redundant here.

As for some specific ideas - I had only the general idea that premium features may fit nicely in BoatPilot environment, but as already said it`s really not necessary.

I'd say there is counter-point to it even. How could they naturally implement premium users, and not scare off those who do not wish to go prem? And also, what really would be good from buying yourself a premium? First thing that comes to mind, that you'd mine more if you are premium, but that sounds kinda "fishy". No pun intended.  Grin

Agreed here as well. Premium features naturally divide community into two parts. This is the negative side of premium, despite all profit it can bring to the team.
Activity: 233
Btw, are there any statements about paid features or premium accounts? It seems like a perfect platform to implement it.

I heard that the first buyers of tokens will have premium features.
Activity: 230

I also don`t see the point in introducing premium features, the token is enough for monetization. May be you have some specific ideas for premium features?

I'd say there is counter-point to it even. How could they naturally implement premium users, and not scare off those who do not wish to go prem? And also, what really would be good from buying yourself a premium? First thing that comes to mind, that you'd mine more if you are premium, but that sounds kinda "fishy". No pun intended.  Grin
Activity: 121
Analyse any coin project for crypto tips -Write me

Activity: 259

Is it though? I think it would be redundant, as app already monetizes itself.
Pages:
Jump to: