Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] BoatPilot - integrated marine Navigation Service with AR capabilites - page 31. (Read 38063 times)

Activity: 233
Merit: 1
Guys, does anyone know what is the cost for BoatGod going to be?
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
Hmm .. I see. This is of course interesting. The only thing I fear is that this user focus will turn into advertising for users.

I understand your concern. This may be the case, but as others said it`s unlikely to happen - this project doesn`t need additional monetization through in-app advertisement.
They even refuse to implement premium features, it means something.
Basically, I`m sure that no blockchain based project that has its own token really needs traditional monetization methods - token does this job just fine.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
Analyse any coin project for crypto tips -Write me
I don't think that heavy advertising is in their interest - after all, this project is well monetized by the ICO, and tokens will provide further monetization.

Selling more ads never hurt any company, it is more marketing converting to actual users after all. It people like the app (and judging by the amount of active users and downloads people do), then people will use it regardless of high amount of ads.
I don't think that heavy advertising is in their interest - after all, this project is well monetized by the ICO, and tokens will provide further monetization.

Same here, I also think that extensive ads are more common for free apps, this is basically the only way to monetize the app - apart from selling premium features.
Activity: 230
What is the basic difference in principles of working between BP and Navionics, for example?

The most important, as I see it, is the fact that Navionics is adapted military/commercial system - I never used it, but I imagine that the UI can hardly be called user friendly.
It`s also focused on information related solely to navigation with no attention paid to marinas, fueling stations and services. BP looks much more user oriented and convenient.

Hmm .. I see. This is of course interesting. The only thing I fear is that this user focus will turn into advertising for users.

Activity: 126
Merit: 5
What is the basic difference in principles of working between BP and Navionics, for example?

The most important, as I see it, is the fact that Navionics is adapted military/commercial system - I never used it, but I imagine that the UI can hardly be called user friendly.
It`s also focused on information related solely to navigation with no attention paid to marinas, fueling stations and services. BP looks much more user oriented and convenient.

Don't worry about it.
Advertising will not be intrusive. Just the app will indicate additional information about restaurants, shops, etc.

Yes, I agree about the point that the botpilot is more focused on yachts.
Activity: 233

Actually, BoatPilot is chartplotter. A chartplotter is similar to a paper map that displays the coordinates of a vessel on a map using GLONASS or GPS system, the vessel's draught, and the route. Modern products like Navionics is close to a car navigator on the principle of working that is additionally able to lay a route and the deviations from the route will be displayed on the monitor. BoatPilot team is working on the function of deviation, though it might be seen soon.

Yes, I think the main difference is that the bot pilot is more focused on yachts. There more useful and necessary information.

BoatGod module is connected to the yacht and receives data from all of the vessel's devices transferring it to the tablet display via Wi-Fi.

I see. Any specific info on the protocols in use?
Special modifications are not needed.
I don’t know for sure about USB, but I heard that BoatGod connect via Wi-Fi.

Oh, that`s nice to know that you don`t need to make any hardware modifications to your boat.
Everybody are so focused on the token while the project itself is far more interesting, to be honest.

I wonder how will BP collect and transmit data to all of the ship` systems?

As I understand it, with the help of the module BoatGod

You`re right, I wonder if people will have to modify their boats` systems somehow. I hope not, it`ll be too much of a hassle. It should be simple plug-in module, I believe. Connecting by USB may be?

Special modifications are not needed.
I don’t know for sure about USB, but I heard that BoatGod connect via Wi-Fi.
Everybody are so focused on the token while the project itself is far more interesting, to be honest.

You`re right, I wonder if people will have to modify their boats` systems somehow. I hope not, it`ll be too much of a hassle. It should be simple plug-in module, I believe. Connecting by USB may be?
So I`ll ask the next question, if you don`t mind. What BP is gonna do with this data? To gather geodata for charts updating?

BoatGod module is connected to the yacht and receives data from all of the vessel's devices transferring it to the tablet display via Wi-Fi.

I know that BoatPilot's loyalty program will be made available to users who maintain NAVY tokens in their e-wallets.  Users will be rewarded with bonuses and gifts for retaining NAVY tokens in their wallets for a specified period of time.

I wonder what these rewards could be. Isn`t it some kind of quasi-premium feature, by the way?

It`s not, it`s just early backer reward - they`ll just get some tokens, not unique features available only for those who paid for them. This practice is common for some other projects, actually.
Pages:
Jump to: