Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] MINERVA (OWL) 🦉 Smart Money on 💎 Ethereum - page 19. (Read 53916 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 1
An interesting, prospective project. What about bounty? Twitter, Facebook?
We're actually looking into this now due to community feedback. People seem ravenous for bounties. At first I considered it too tacky and gimmicky, but on the other hand I listen to feedback. Stay tuned.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
An interesting, prospective project. What about bounty? Twitter, Facebook?
look promising project
We're hard at work. Thank you.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Wondering if there are any details yet on the ICO entrance pricing? Very interested in this.

No details out yet. Best way to stay up to date is by joining our mailing list at https://minerva.com
Activity: 1
Wondering if there are any details yet on the ICO entrance pricing? Very interested in this.
Where is detail information about bounty campaign?
I just see "bug bounty" in allocation of funds.
Quote from: MinervaKevin
As far as bug bounties we are only doing bounties for hackers. This is referenced on pages 14 and 15 in the whitepaper https://minerva.com/whitepaper.pdf
Activity: 868
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Where is detail information about bounty campaign?
I just see "bug bounty" in allocation of funds.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
look promising project
Activity: 2
hi team, i would like to translate for Vietnamese
Try Google translate or Microsoft translate.  I hope this helps.
Look promising project, i will follow on thread about this project.
Thank for the information good luck dev and team.
The best way to stay informed is through our mailing list @ https://minerva.com
Activity: 213
Merit: 11
ждeм инфopмaцию o пpeceйлe и бayнти кoмпaнии, ycпexoв!!!
Would help to know if there are bounties for translation. I would reserve Romanian ann.
All translations have been handled internally. We've done CN/RU/KR/JP and don't plan on further translations.

As far as bug bounties we are only doing bounties for hackers. This is referenced on pages 14 and 15 in the whitepaper https://minerva.com/whitepaper.pdf
Activity: 119
Merit: 100
Quote from: vks_6
How are you different from METAL (MTL). They are working on Proof-of-Transactions as well.
Thank you for reaching out. I see that your last post was in 2014. We must have piqued your curiosity.

METAL is interesting. I will be following their progress. They seem to have an accredited team. I haven't looked into this project until today. Based on what I've gathered from their whitepaper here are some things that set us apart:

1. We're not a fiat:fiat payment system. The Owl of Minerva is a cryptocurrency and Minerva is a platform built predominately with smart contracts.
2. Minerva does not require social security numbers.
3. METAL merchants appear to pay transaction fees. Our approved merchants do not. In fact, we aim to pay transaction fees to them. It also appears that METAL merchants must purchase MTL to receive benefits. I don't see how this incentivizes "brick and mortar" businesses to accept cryptocurrency as described as one of their adoption goals in their whitepaper.
4. METAL doesn't appear to have a security-forward community bug bounty program potentially leaving them vulnerable to competent hackers.
5. The whitepaper mentions "Metal will partner with an over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives dealer in order to manage currency volatility." In terms of volatility, Minerva has incentivized mechanisms to address excessively violent short-term fluctuations. METAL mentions that volatility management is accomplished through an unspecified OTC derivatives dealer. I don't know why such a dealer would exist, which brings me to
6. According to our economic advisor, a PhD economist with 20 years of experience METAL appears to be, and I'm wording this as politely as possible because there is another term for it, unsustainable.

I would like clarification on #6 and have reached out to their CEO on Skype. If this is not the case, I will revise this post. However, if their reward rate is set to a static 5% and cannot ever reach 0%, as is not the case with Minerva, it appears reward loops, or at value depreciation, is inevitable, and I don't envision OTC derivatives dealers taking interest and question the longevity of the project. However, METAL is optimistic and has beautiful aesthetic presentation. We wish them great success. If they would like to clarify anything I may have gotten wrong in this post, or if they need help with anything the Minerva team will make itself available to provide assistance as time permits.

you should show how you're better than your competition instead.
That shouldn't be a problem.

Also, how soon will you be launching your product(BETA)?
The Temple of Minerva wasn't built in a day, but the speed at which our programmers knock out complex software is almost otherworldly. For updates join the mailing list @ https://minerva.com

Well articulated! And sound arguments.
i like what you guys offer.. right now I am too poor to invest, good luck!
How are you different from METAL (MTL). They are working on Proof-of-Transactions as well.
Thank you for reaching out. I see that your last post was in 2014. We must have piqued your curiosity.

METAL is interesting. I will be following their progress. They seem to have an accredited team. I haven't looked into this project until today. Based on what I've gathered from their whitepaper here are some things that set us apart:

1. We're not a fiat:fiat payment system. The Owl of Minerva is a cryptocurrency and Minerva is a platform built predominately with smart contracts.
2. Minerva does not require social security numbers.
3. METAL merchants appear to pay transaction fees. Our approved merchants do not. In fact, we aim to pay transaction fees to them. It also appears that METAL merchants must purchase MTL to receive benefits. I don't see how this incentivizes "brick and mortar" businesses to accept cryptocurrency as described as one of their adoption goals in their whitepaper.
4. METAL doesn't appear to have a security-forward community bug bounty program potentially leaving them vulnerable to competent hackers.
5. The whitepaper mentions "Metal will partner with an over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives dealer in order to manage currency volatility." In terms of volatility, Minerva has incentivized mechanisms to address excessively violent short-term fluctuations. METAL mentions that volatility management is accomplished through an unspecified OTC derivatives dealer. I don't know why such a dealer would exist, which brings me to
6. According to our economic advisor, a PhD economist with 20 years of experience METAL appears to be, and I'm wording this as politely as possible because there is another term for it, unsustainable.

I would like clarification on #6 and have reached out to their CEO on Skype. If this is not the case, I will revise this post. However, if their reward rate is set to a static 5% and cannot ever reach 0%, as is not the case with Minerva, it appears reward loops, or at least value depreciation, is inevitable, and I don't envision OTC derivatives dealers taking interest and question the longevity of the project. However, METAL is optimistic and has beautiful aesthetic presentation. We wish them great success. If they would like to clarify anything I may have gotten wrong in this post, or if they need help with anything the Minerva team will make itself available to provide assistance as time permits.

you should show how you're better than your competition instead.
That shouldn't be a problem.

The Temple of Minerva wasn't built in a day, but the speed at which our programmers knock out complex software is almost otherworldly. For updates join the mailing list @ https://minerva.com
Activity: 8
How are you different from METAL (MTL). They are working on Proof-of-Transactions as well. Rather than comparing yourself with bitcoin you should show how you're better than your competition instead.
Activity: 210
Look promising project, i will follow on thread about this project.
Thank for the information good luck dev and team.
Activity: 294
Activity: 742
Merit: 252
Would help to know if there are bounties for translation. I would reserve Romanian ann.
Quick technical explanation of the reverse transaction fee system and proposed ICO mechanics from the telegram chat:

Danny, [20.08.17 19:29]
Hello all I have some questions

Do will you release coins across the time or in other words it will be a limited amount of coins?

How could you earn money paying fees for transactions (I cant understand this)

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:38]
[In reply to Danny]
New tokens are created when OWL is spent but only on approved platforms and at a variable rate. This is the reverse transaction fee. It can be anywhere from 0% to 10% at the moment. If it is set to 5% and a user spends $100 in owls, the platform receives $105 and doesn't pay any transaction fees. So if they pay 3% transaction fees usually, and 5% of their income is chargebacks, they effectively receive $113.

This gives the approved platform/merchant excess revenue to be flexible with giving the OWL user discounts. Minerva earns money by taking a small portion of the bonus reverse transaction fee rate for operational expenses.

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:40]
If the price is very stable the reverse transaction fee is 0%. If the markets start moving in typical crypto sense, which they likely will, regardless of our stabilization mechanisms, the reverse transaction fee will become positive again. It can never be negative.

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:41]
This is all explained in great detail in the whitepaper and we invite accredited accomists to try to shoot holes in it if they are able.

Danny, [20.08.17 19:42]
Great... what will be the launch price of each token?

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:43]
Auction model. We won't be burning OWL tokens, at least for now. There will likely be a hard cap. For example if the hard cap was $35MM and it were reached the effective price would be roughly $0.466 per OWL

Kevin, [20.08.17 19:43]
Though this may vary for pre-ico participants

If you haven't joined our telegram you may do so @ https://minerva.com/chat but we can also answer questions here. Post them if you have any.

We also just dropped a press release on NewsBTC: http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/08/20/minerva-owl-a-new-currency-developed-on-ethereum-aims-to-disrupt-commerce-by-paying-out-reverse-transaction-fees/
What are the dates of the pre-sale?
To be determined. Join the mailing list at https://minerva.com for real-time updates.
Pages:
Jump to: