Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SocialX ☰ your decentralized Social Media Platform ☰ ICO: 15.01 - page 8. (Read 13454 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Not allowed to access socialx.network due to living in the United States??
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Won't using ethereum cost a lot of fees to pay for upvotes? I think you will need your own blockchain for eliminating fees. How would you stop people from picking up images from Google and posting? Is it not possible to use distributed storage like Sia or Storj to store the media instead of a centralised server?

Hi there,

for "picking up images from Google and posting" we will have a Governance and downvoting / reporting system also in place.

for "gas costs ethereum" you are completely right, pls wait for our Whitepaper to clear that topic up.

for "distributed storage" correct will be also in our whitepaper.
Well you at least hint. We are interested  Smiley
Yes, yes, I know - waiting for whitepaper. OK.

Hey Ivaf Smiley

Join our slack https://socialxnet.herokuapp.com/  we are updating there also some stuff which we don't write here yet.

Moreover our team works hard behind the scene on updates regarding all your questions.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
Won't using ethereum cost a lot of fees to pay for upvotes? I think you will need your own blockchain for eliminating fees. How would you stop people from picking up images from Google and posting? Is it not possible to use distributed storage like Sia or Storj to store the media instead of a centralised server?

Hi there,

for "picking up images from Google and posting" we will have a Governance and downvoting / reporting system also in place.

for "gas costs ethereum" you are completely right, pls wait for our Whitepaper to clear that topic up.

Well you at least hint. We are interested  Smiley
Yes, yes, I know - waiting for whitepaper. OK.
Activity: 13

Yes we are considering running of our own blockchain.
You can't stop people from using any images they want.
This is called sharing.
Most of the images on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook is  already stored somewhere and each site offers sharing buttons.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Refereum.com
Will be interested once the social platform goes live with some user data. Good luck!
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Following now and participating in twitter and signature campaign, I can see the bright future for this project.  Kiss

Thanks Tribizz.  Appreciate it ! Also the Signature.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Following now and participating in twitter and signature campaign, I can see the bright future for this project.  Kiss
Activity: 189
This project got potential...Many social platform lack of features...but this is kind of new...
Co founder & CMO SocialX

Hi there,

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Interesting concept. What is the proposed max supply? The ICO diagram shows token distribution absent total quantity.

Hey we decided to go with a Hidden Cap. The total coin supply will be announced after the ICO.  We will also have our ICO page up within the next 48-60 hours where you can find more details about the ICO.  Feel free to join our slack and have a discussion with the team https://socialxnet.herokuapp.com/

o.O

A hidden cap? Is this your first crypto project? While I like the idea, it's impossible for me to invest in an ICO that has a hidden cap, just like it would be impossible for me to point hash at an inflationary currency.

Hi, we want to keep it excited. Where is the fun otherwise in Crypto?   The cap will be revealed after the ICO finished.   And no problem you don't have to invest, but if you are interested feel free to join our Slack to get to know us better.

Fun and exciting? What you've just described is a lotto system without a known jackpot. In crypto we call that a scam.
Activity: 980
Merit: 109
Hello!

Project is interesting for me. Waiting for more info (WP, etc).
Joined to the bounty campaign.
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Interesting project, I am in, keep me updated.

Instagram clone on the blockchain?

Hi, first of all yes you are right it has a lot from Instagram and we like Instagram.

On a closer look it will be a bit more complex as we combining also the power of an upvote system as Steemit.com uses it (maybe in a different way than Steemit)  with the power of licensing your media (videos & photos) to sell the license for commercial usage (you don't have to license your media but you can do that).

But the most important part is that no one than you (the uploader) will own the media,  if you compare that to the big companies out there as you mentioned for example Instagram then you see that we want to change the pure monopoly and the fact that the photos you upload to Instagram are free to use for Instagram as you give them some rights of your media.

Stay updated here or via our socials, we will release our Whitepaper latest on the 14.08 to clarify some questions.

Co founder & CMO SocialX
Interesting concept. What is the proposed max supply? The ICO diagram shows token distribution absent total quantity.

Hey we decided to go with a Hidden Cap. The total coin supply will be announced after the ICO.  We will also have our ICO page up within the next 48-60 hours where you can find more details about the ICO.  Feel free to join our slack and have a discussion with the team https://socialxnet.herokuapp.com/

o.O

A hidden cap? Is this your first crypto project? While I like the idea, it's impossible for me to invest in an ICO that has a hidden cap, just like it would be impossible for me to point hash at an inflationary currency.

Hi, we want to keep it excited. Where is the fun otherwise in Crypto?   The cap will be revealed after the ICO finished.   And no problem you don't have to invest, but if you are interested feel free to join our Slack to get to know us better.

o.O

Activity: 1
Interesting project, I am in, keep me updated.

Instagram clone on the blockchain?
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Interesting project, I'm waiting for more information ...

Thanks. They are coming, stay tuned!
Activity: 406
Interesting project, I'm waiting for more information ...
Activity: 574
Merit: 254
joined Twitter bounty !good luck team!
Co founder & CMO SocialX
Thanks for the feedback of our bounty campaign the last 48 hours.

Pascal made a great job the last hours to make a own thread for that  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2065494.0
We also have updated own forms/sheets for each separated bounty campaign.

(Everyone who signed up before is also fine no worries there)

Have a good weekend!
Pages:
Jump to: