Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 118. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
November 02, 2017, 04:06:51 AM
If I remember correctly the excuse for the extension was that they were busy getting the tokens on exchanges and expanding their team. Let me find the announcement.

Soma ICO Extended until 15th of November Due to Big New Developments

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT Now Listed On Exchanges

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

New Advisors and Marketing Team

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Increased Traction and Detailed Roadmap

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

More Big News Coming Soon

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Maybe the big news is related to the "major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value".

i like the attitude of the devs such detailed statments forge a huge trust of the community!
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
November 02, 2017, 04:03:25 AM
Financial backing from angel investors is a big factor for the completion of any startup project and investors in SOMA has some sense of security with it.

Yes it seems to me, that the SOMA project is too big to stop when they dont hit any cap. If the market circumstances were different, Im sure SOMA is the kind of ICO that would sell out
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
November 02, 2017, 03:47:50 AM
Financial backing from angel investors is a big factor for the completion of any startup project and investors in SOMA has some sense of security with it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
November 02, 2017, 02:43:33 AM
they have already gathered enough money to secure the competition of the project imo, whatever come from now on is a plus
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
November 02, 2017, 02:42:29 AM
I watch sales stopped, the counter does not grow. Apparently there are two reasons: the fork BTC and the lack of developer activity.
Activity: 588
November 02, 2017, 02:18:26 AM

Our Telegram group grew by 400 people,

SOMA said this in their announcement, but that is really not many people. Whenever there is an airdrop with Telegram obligation, the group usually gets around 2000 people.

I also like some of the suggestions made here about an airdrop on SOMA platform, the one you can only use on that platform. Marketing is key.
Yeah , but most of that 2000 people are inactive or even fake users.
Not really effective but worth a try.

the better get to it since the ICO isn't doing as well as it could be doing.
Activity: 350
November 02, 2017, 01:46:33 AM
Great to know that tomorrow the team will make an annoncement, im impatient to see what soma team will say. The extension of the Ico is not that bad in think, more money can be raised.
I'm hoping that they know what they are doing and that this is the right decision Smiley
Im waiting for the announcement.
Its really nice if they can give us some informations regularly, so we can follow and track them and their project.
The community will know how far their progress is and become more knowledgeable about this project.
If soma team can doing as you said maybe this ico will success reach hard cap. Because communication is necessary in order to can make people will more know about this project and can make them consider to partisipatbs during token sale
Activity: 490
November 02, 2017, 01:36:32 AM

SOMA said this in their announcement, but that is really not many people. Whenever there is an airdrop with Telegram obligation, the group usually gets around 2000 people.

I also like some of the suggestions made here about an airdrop on SOMA platform, the one you can only use on that platform. Marketing is key.
Yeah , but most of that 2000 people are inactive or even fake users.
Not really effective but worth a try.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
November 02, 2017, 01:09:39 AM

Activity: 490
November 02, 2017, 01:02:13 AM
Great to know that tomorrow the team will make an annoncement, im impatient to see what soma team will say. The extension of the Ico is not that bad in think, more money can be raised.
I'm hoping that they know what they are doing and that this is the right decision Smiley
Im waiting for the announcement.
Its really nice if they can give us some informations regularly, so we can follow and track them and their project.
The community will know how far their progress is and become more knowledgeable about this project.
Activity: 686
November 01, 2017, 11:16:21 PM
The Bitcoin SegWit2X fork will take place in about 2 weeks.

https://coinsalad.com/2x/countdown

Everybody is hoarding Bitcoin right now. SOMA should consider extending the ICO until after the fork.

I think extending an ICO over and over will bring mistrust into current investors and potential future investors. In this case I think they should finish the current ICO and announce another one maybe after the fork, with a clear statement before why and when this will happen.

I had this feeling initially, but the strong presence of the team and the understandable justifications gave me a better view. It is necessary to analyze the scenario that we live and how much ICO will be successful in the return with a better scenario
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
November 01, 2017, 10:22:47 PM
now only 13 days left to end soma ICO. project strategy is solid and professional team. i think this is good opportunity.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
November 01, 2017, 09:34:16 PM
The Bitcoin SegWit2X fork will take place in about 2 weeks.

https://coinsalad.com/2x/countdown

Everybody is hoarding Bitcoin right now. SOMA should consider extending the ICO until after the fork.

I think extending an ICO over and over will bring mistrust into current investors and potential future investors. In this case I think they should finish the current ICO and announce another one maybe after the fork, with a clear statement before why and when this will happen.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
November 01, 2017, 08:20:52 PM
Community looks great...is there any possibility of airdrop?
If no what are the possible exchanges in which this token going to be listed?

An airdrop it's been discussed in this thread but we received no answers yet. About exchanges, it's already added on yobit and etherdelta (SOMA on yobit and SCT on ED)

Tokens not trading now. There only "buy" orders... Trading will be avaliable after ICO end...
and I hope for better exchanges
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
November 01, 2017, 07:43:14 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
November 01, 2017, 07:38:59 PM
Activity: 686
November 01, 2017, 07:31:53 PM
If I remember correctly the excuse for the extension was that they were busy getting the tokens on exchanges and expanding their team. Let me find the announcement.

Soma had major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value of our offering to potential buyers. After consulting with our advisors, we decided to extend our ICO.

SCT is now listed on exchanges, such as Yobit and Etherdelta and we are in the final stages of negotiating more. Availability on exchanges is critical for everyone participating in ICOs. Extending the sale an additional 2,5 weeks will allow us to finalize more exchanges, providing additional confidence for our contributors.

A major part of why we did the ICO was to hire a new team. We are pleased to share three new advisors who will lead our marketing.

David Passiak is the former Head of Innovation for dubizzle, the largest P2P marketplace in the Middle East where our advisor Arto Joensuu served as CEO. Arto introduced us to David, and David brought in his team of Chelsea Rustrum and Riku Luukkonen.

David and Chelsea hosted a webinar for us this past week - check out the recording - and we negotiated for them to lead our marketing moving forward. They are three of the top marketers in the world and experts in blockchain and social marketplaces.

Our new marketing leads had a major impact in just one week. Our Telegram group grew by 400 people, we increased weekly sales transactions by 350% and website visits by 20%, and received some great media coverage including an article on Soma in Forbes

Soma have an excellent alpha product for Ios that you can test here, detailed roadmap, and with our new marketing team a solid plan on how to execute the beta launch in Q1 2018. We would love the opportunity to tell you more next week in a webinar.

David Passiak will interview our founders, followed by a live Q&A. Learn our story, vision, product roadmap. We will follow-up with an invitation to the webinar.

We hope you understand the reasons why we extended the sale and look forward to answering any questions next week in our webinar. Thanks for your continued support and being with us on our journey to revolutionize how we buy and sell items.

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Maybe the big news is related to the "major updates in the last week that significantly strengthen the value".

Thank you to the Team for this position, understandable reasons already foreseen for an extension, I congratulate you for the excellent strategy and attention to the moment and the work carried out so far. following...
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
November 01, 2017, 06:56:51 PM

With gratitude,
The Soma Team

Activity: 280
Merit: 106
November 01, 2017, 06:35:16 PM
There will be some announcements very soon!
Just wait a little bit more! Great news is coming Smiley

Oh really? You must know more than us then. Have you spoken with the Soma team?

About time we got some news!
I'm curious about this news. Soma team should definitely announce something about this extended ico situation
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
November 01, 2017, 06:34:32 PM
There will be some announcements very soon!
Just wait a little bit more! Great news is coming Smiley

Oh really? You must know more than us then. Have you spoken with the Soma team?

About time we got some news!

I'm in contact with the team.
There will be some answers tomorrow and some announcements.

Keep an eye on this thread! Smiley
Jump to: