Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 93. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 115
November 07, 2017, 08:20:47 PM
I hoped other multisig wallets and their Github codes will be thoroughly tested and audited to prevent the same mistake from happening again.

Nope. Auditing is a waste of time. Just code scrum / agile and put it on the net as fast as possible. You snooze, you lose. What could possibly go wrong?
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
November 07, 2017, 08:07:07 PM
Is this contract affected by the parity issue on ethereum ?
Seem to be reading a lot about it online but it hasn't been fully explained in detail for non solidity experts.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywbqmg/parity-multi-signature-wallet-vulnerability-300-million-hard-fork

I hope not. Without an Ethereum fork the funds in the wallets are locked forever. Or maybe a more accurate analogy would be the lock is gone and the money is stuck in a safe without a door.

Man, this guy made a lot of people miserable in an instant. Its pretty scary how can one mistake deal so much damage in so many wallets.

Would be better if he contacted the team instead of pressing that big, red button, but I do not think the Parity developers are free from blame. It is not even the first time this happened to them!

Such problems are definitly not bringing trust into crypto world. People who will have currently nothing to do probably think, if they read about this, that it's too dangerous to have their money in crypto.

Well we must understand that these are still the early days of crypto and icos .. this will probably not be the latest hack we will encounter.
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
November 07, 2017, 07:54:10 PM
7 more days until the ICO will finish. I don't see any big movement in token sale currently, but that's probably good for the current investors as the token value will raise a lot then.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
November 07, 2017, 07:23:04 PM
Seem to be reading a lot about it online but it hasn't been fully explained in detail for non solidity experts.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywbqmg/parity-multi-signature-wallet-vulnerability-300-million-hard-fork

I hope not. Without an Ethereum fork the funds in the wallets are locked forever. Or maybe a more accurate analogy would be the lock is gone and the money is stuck in a safe without a door.

Man, this guy made a lot of people miserable in an instant. Its pretty scary how can one mistake deal so much damage in so many wallets.

Well, not the first time there is a big hack in cryptocurrencies.
It's still new technology and it's got some vulnerabilities
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
November 07, 2017, 06:53:29 PM

is SOMA fund affected  by this parity hack?

OMG a newbie developer is poised to explode PARITY! by accidentally tweaking codes in Github.
There's still a lot of work to do with the security of the system.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
November 07, 2017, 06:44:49 PM

OMG a newbie developer is poised to explode PARITY! by accidentally tweaking codes in Github.
There's still a lot of work to do with the security of the system.
Activity: 294
November 07, 2017, 06:36:33 PM

Activity: 336
Merit: 112
November 07, 2017, 06:22:03 PM

Would be better if he contacted the team instead of pressing that big, red button, but I do not think the Parity developers are free from blame. It is not even the first time this happened to them!

Such problems are definitly not bringing trust into crypto world. People who will have currently nothing to do probably think, if they read about this, that it's too dangerous to have their money in crypto.
Activity: 350
November 07, 2017, 06:21:16 PM
I also think that soma can touch non crypto user, cause the platform seems to be very users friendly and the concept of soma is really easy to understand but disruptive.
This is quite possible. Their user interface is great and very intuitive and this can attract potential customers  Cheesy
Thats what it should be, if its about community, they need to reach everyone outside of crypto too.
Actually only a few people in this world know crypto.
As long as teams still continue for promotion much people will know about cryptocurrency included Soma project. Facebook and twitter is the best way for promotion, both have a lot of users
November 07, 2017, 06:17:31 PM

Activity: 798
November 07, 2017, 06:11:12 PM

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
November 07, 2017, 06:07:15 PM
I also think that soma can touch non crypto user, cause the platform seems to be very users friendly and the concept of soma is really easy to understand but disruptive.
This is quite possible. Their user interface is great and very intuitive and this can attract potential customers  Cheesy
Thats what it should be, if its about community, they need to reach everyone outside of crypto too.
Actually only a few people in this world know crypto.
Activity: 294
November 07, 2017, 06:04:14 PM

Would be really good if their project help to reach mass adoption of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
November 07, 2017, 05:46:13 PM
Activity: 187
November 07, 2017, 05:39:43 PM
Why do I think soma and Utrust seems so similar . With slight difference one is payment gateway and another reward system. .I guess I got to go through whitepaper again

The idea behind the project is gret, looking forward to see how will it develop!
November 07, 2017, 05:34:43 PM

sweet, so the next ethereum fork is incoming Smiley

but i really hope that the soma eth address is not in this parity multi sig wallet ><"

I think I saw a list of affected addresses. We can check if Soma's address is in there. The address was posted a while ago.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
November 07, 2017, 05:23:27 PM

sweet, so the next ethereum fork is incoming Smiley

but i really hope that the soma eth address is not in this parity multi sig wallet ><"
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
November 07, 2017, 05:17:42 PM
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 07, 2017, 05:11:07 PM
Hey there,
I think this token has a big chance in gaining social media users trust, especially with the reward strategy.

It all depends of adoption by users, this kind of projects need a huge user base to function normally. Soma team will have to invest a lot in marketing campaign to get that user traction.

Yes, in addition to forums and bounties, it will be good to have more targeted local advertising too (eg. universities, youtube stars)
The idea sounds great but i'm not sure if student and youtube user know about crypto. At least in my country don't.

Eventually, they will know it, it needs advertisement for them to get into cryptos, the people are young, so they will absorb the new technology better than old people, it needs to start somewhere, even if it's not right away.
November 07, 2017, 05:09:14 PM

Pages:
Jump to: