Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] VLB - The Ultimate Blockchain Fuel for the Vehicle Lifecycle Industy - page 113. (Read 49095 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 115
Enjoyed the video.
However at a certain moment you are declaring that the price of a token can increase from 0.50 cents to 17$ ?
On what basis did you do this calculation?

Wait. What?

Okay, now you got my attention.

If the token has a valuation of $17 then why is it sold for $0.50?
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
VLB Token is becoming more and more popular aiming to improve the approach to relationships in the auto sales, auto repair, auto insurance and auto finance industries. Soon it will change Vehicle Lifecycle Industry completely

https://www.forbes.com/sites/montymunford/2017/11/16/carfix-drives-auto-repair-prices-down-with-ethereum-blockchain/#5ecd74a72971

I like the approach of this marketing/advertising

Interesting article. thanks for sharing. Project like VLB could help crypto to go in main stream. 
i read the article is very nice, vlb,project is getting more and more popular with time,they are doing a great advertising campaign, they will soon be in all sectors of the automotive industry...
this is true VLB project can be very useful considering how fast crypto is becoming popular,
In this segment there are not so many projects - so I think they will succeed
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
I also think that the value of the token can raise a lot, 17$ is a huge cap, but remember that VLB target an enourmous market, the benefit of a project like can be incredible.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
Enjoyed the video.
However at a certain moment you are declaring that the price of a token can increase from 0.50 cents to 17$ ?
What? Seriously someone belive that this utility token can increase it's price to 17$?
Activity: 686
Enjoyed the video.

I tilted a little on this one too.

Surely a way to attract investors  Grin
it can be real, now cryptocurrencies start to stabilize,
promising projects can capture attention of large investors who believe in the project and they can keep the price high

Well, technically it CAN be real but it could give a wrong impression. Everyone should be aware that, if it really happens, it will be in the long term. You can't expect to become rich overnight just by investing in this ICO.
Activity: 518
Enjoyed the video.

it can be real, now cryptocurrencies start to stabilize,
promising projects can capture attention of large investors who believe in the project and they can keep the price high
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Enjoyed the video.

when I saw the title, i was hoping for a "self driving - Uber - pay with crypto" type blockchain.

As I understand its mostly for decentralized repairing cars? why is that needed decentralized?

It's about blockchain and its immutable feature (you can't modify an input once it's processed into the blockchain). Imagine if you buy a second handed car, car sellers simply can't cheat on its history

What ever gets written into the blockchain is immutable, however that does not necessarily mean that the data itself is valid. I wish there was a more graceful idiom in this context, but in computer science there is the phrase "garbage in, garbage out".

That's what I was thinking of as well. Due to humans' natural evil tendency, there will always be people who are untrustworthy, and to me it looks like the weakest link in the VLB chain is the trustworthiness of the repair shops.
For example, a dishonest repair shop could do a sub-quality (or incomplete) repair job on a car, but then record it on the VLB blockchain as completely repaired.
I think there needs to be some sort of reviewing and penalty system at least, in order to discourage bad behaviour.

Exactly. But it does not even have to be that obvious. This is what I was talking about with my references to DieselGate. If the car itself is cheating on its emissions by behaving differently when it is being tested in a repair shop instead of being driven on the road, then what is the point of writing those values into the blockchain?
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
Enjoyed the video.
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
when I saw the title, i was hoping for a "self driving - Uber - pay with crypto" type blockchain.

As I understand its mostly for decentralized repairing cars? why is that needed decentralized?

It's about blockchain and its immutable feature (you can't modify an input once it's processed into the blockchain). Imagine if you buy a second handed car, car sellers simply can't cheat on its history

well, i think if they repair the parts on their own, it wont be seen on the blockchain since there would be no transaction for repairing, thus the car seller can sell you shit, even if the car has a white vest on the blockchain /hmmmmm

Yeah you have a good point here, that will really affect the transparency feature of this project but I think before a person can sell his/her own car, there will still be a verification process of the car's documents. I think the car will be check thoroughly by a repair shop or car companies before it can be considered to have a "white vest on the block chain". I think with this project, you can't have a direct seller to buyer transaction, it needs to go through the blockchain with companies and repair shops before it can reach the buyer.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137

well, i think if they repair the parts on their own, it wont be seen on the blockchain since there would be no transaction for repairing, thus the car seller can sell you shit, even if the car has a white vest on the blockchain /hmmmmm
Activity: 252

What ever gets written into the blockchain is immutable, however that does not necessarily mean that the data itself is valid. I wish there was a more graceful idiom in this context, but in computer science there is the phrase "garbage in, garbage out".

That's what I was thinking of as well. Due to humans' natural evil tendency, there will always be people who are untrustworthy, and to me it looks like the weakest link in the VLB chain is the trustworthiness of the repair shops.
For example, a dishonest repair shop could do a sub-quality (or incomplete) repair job on a car, but then record it on the VLB blockchain as completely repaired.
I think there needs to be some sort of reviewing and penalty system at least, in order to discourage bad behaviour.
Activity: 462
Will it be based in russia only or there are plans for other countries also?

Yes. We want to extend our system globally. In July 2017 we're already commenced expansion into the US market: found local partner, mapped Los Angeles and South Florida based ecosystems of repair shops, spare parts distributors, insurance providers and autodealers that are required for a successful deployment of CarFix platform.

That's great. Any plans for the asian markets? Because Asian markets are on the boom right now.
Or Africa. Many old cars are sold there because the people there cannot afford new ones.
We are meeting with insurance company from South Africa early in December to discuss VLB deployment in that region. The company is called TuffStuff.

As for the Asian markets, we have not scheduled anything yet in Asia so far, but we will definitely do. Primary objective is to reach Toyota and and South  Korean car manufactures.

Volkswagen and Toyota are the best car sellers in the world. It's great that you'll get your hands on African markets, eventually this continent will rise and shine (they are bullish on crypto for example)
Volkswagen may be the biggest manufacturer but definitely not the best... Mercedes is one of the most reliable and they trucks are one of best in business
I agree Volkswagen is a big manufactures but not the best there are others like Toyota or Renault with which it is easier to work.

Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
VLB Token is becoming more and more popular aiming to improve the approach to relationships in the auto sales, auto repair, auto insurance and auto finance industries. Soon it will change Vehicle Lifecycle Industry completely

https://www.forbes.com/sites/montymunford/2017/11/16/carfix-drives-auto-repair-prices-down-with-ethereum-blockchain/#5ecd74a72971

Interesting article. thanks for sharing. Project like VLB could help crypto to go in main stream.  
i read the article is very nice, vlb,project is getting more and more popular with time,they are doing a great advertising campaign, they will soon be in all sectors of the automotive industry...
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

Yes. We want to extend our system globally. In July 2017 we're already commenced expansion into the US market: found local partner, mapped Los Angeles and South Florida based ecosystems of repair shops, spare parts distributors, insurance providers and autodealers that are required for a successful deployment of CarFix platform.

That's great. Any plans for the asian markets? Because Asian markets are on the boom right now.
Or Africa. Many old cars are sold there because the people there cannot afford new ones.
We are meeting with insurance company from South Africa early in December to discuss VLB deployment in that region. The company is called TuffStuff.

As for the Asian markets, we have not scheduled anything yet in Asia so far, but we will definitely do. Primary objective is to reach Toyota and and South  Korean car manufactures.

Volkswagen and Toyota are the best car sellers in the world. It's great that you'll get your hands on African markets, eventually this continent will rise and shine (they are bullish on crypto for example)
Volkswagen may be the biggest manufacturer but definitely not the best... Mercedes is one of the most reliable and they trucks are one of best in business
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

As for the Asian markets, we have not scheduled anything yet in Asia so far, but we will definitely do. Primary objective is to reach Toyota and and South  Korean car manufactures.

copper member
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain - vlb.io

Jump to: