Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ISR] Isracoin - The Israeli cryptocurrency - - page 10. (Read 49611 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
BTW - Someone here asked about the ATM situation and as it stands, the government is making it somewhat complicated to import these and combined with the fact that the manufacturers are not very willing to adapt the system for new coins, makes this complicated. Adding to that the exceedingly high cost of these units, makes it a very difficult prospect for widespread use.

We are now talking to business partners of ours in China who developed their own ATM, which is supposed to be lower cost and who visited with us in Israel recently and are willing to adapt their system to support Isracoin.

So, to sum this up, the ATM approach is still on the horizon, but not as close as we first hoped.
This is also why we have been working on the other approach for making Isracoin more accessible, as detailed in the previous post.
Yes, it seems we are experiencing some nice growth and hope for it to be sustainable.

To achieve that sustainability, we are working on some long term infrastructure these days, the most important of which being channels for the general population in Israel to be able to invest in Isracoin, using local Fiat currency (NIS).
This is intended to come in two forms - a website that allows people to invest in Isracoins by local wire transfer and maybe credit-cards as well, and also integrating Isracoin into as many Change stores as we possibly can, out of the thousands of such stores in Israel, to allow people to buy Isracoins with cash.
Both of these are now in active development and discussions with such store owners and companies that develop the software used by these change stores etc.

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I think this is the first I've seen such sustained and healthy growth for ISR on bittrex!

That is correct.
y80
Activity: 145
Just to confirm, it Bittrex is the main exchange for Isracoin at this time until HITBTC comes along. I didn't miss one somewhere did I?

1. We are working on a press release that will detail a the acceptance of Isracoin as means of payment for buying land in a prestigious real-estate development. This has been in the works for quite some time and we will be releasing it in Israeli news media either this week or early next week. We can tell you that one of the really cool parts of this deal, other than being the first time in the world (as far as we know) that you can buy land with crypto (and certainly with alts), is that the project will actually set the value of Isracoin at 1 ILS (roughly $0.3) which will help a lot in establishing a commerce based value for the coin.

Any news concerning this point?

The company has already agreed to this as per the details provided above. Now we are trying to coordinate taking this to the public together with a system that will allow the general public to buy Isracoins with local fiat. It is important to us to make this practical and give people a way to actually get their hands on such quantities of ISR.

Activity: 28

1. We are working on a press release that will detail a the acceptance of Isracoin as means of payment for buying land in a prestigious real-estate development. This has been in the works for quite some time and we will be releasing it in Israeli news media either this week or early next week. We can tell you that one of the really cool parts of this deal, other than being the first time in the world (as far as we know) that you can buy land with crypto (and certainly with alts), is that the project will actually set the value of Isracoin at 1 ILS (roughly $0.3) which will help a lot in establishing a commerce based value for the coin.

Any news concerning this point?
any news on when hitbtc is going to put up isracoin on their exchange?

We haven't heard anything specific from them, but from what we can tell it usually takes them about 3 weeks after they pick the winner.
So probably another 10 days or so, but that is just a rough estimation on our part.
y80
any news on when hitbtc is going to put up isracoin on their exchange?
y80
A cool new social FB Isracoin wallet is now in beta tests!
As best we know, this is the first time ever a crypto wallet is made available on FB and we think its going to be very cool.
This wallet will help bring Isracoin to the hands of more people.
It is currently in Hebrew only and there's no ETA for English for now.

The really awesome thing about it - you can send Isracoins to ANY friend of yours on facebook, regardless of them having a wallet available.
They don't even need to be registered to the FB wallet yet to receive their first coins from you!

This sounds really cool actually Smiley
A cool new social FB Isracoin wallet is now in beta tests!
As best we know, this is the first time ever a crypto wallet is made available on FB and we think its going to be very cool.
This wallet will help bring Isracoin to the hands of more people.
It is currently in Hebrew only and there's no ETA for English for now.

The really awesome thing about it - you can send Isracoins to ANY friend of yours on facebook, regardless of them having a wallet available.
They don't even need to be registered to the FB wallet yet to receive their first coins from you!
Activity: 238
Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters
Good idea for self mod.

Still going at it huh? I've made my suggestions. I am not Israeli but I am friends with quite a few Israeli's. I think there is a future with this coin. I'll look into it.

5. A member of the Israeli community is building a site for selling Isracoin via local Fiat (ILS). The site will essentially purchase the coins from the exchanges and sell to the public for local Israeli fiat currency. This is a very, very important step for the project and we hope it will go live within the next 3-4 weeks.

Great idea on this
Activity: 5
I'd love to hear how you're planning on getting anyone to accept payment in ISR at a rate of 1ISR=1NIS.
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since the last update, so here is what is in the works right now:

2. We still have the business directory and restructuring of the business registration system in development. It is taking longer than we planned, but that's just the reality of things. Once this is done, we will be issuing press releases on that as well to get media attention.

3. A new wallet is imminent and will contain a cool new feature that will make Isracoin simpler to use for day to day use for the average person. More on that will be released when ready.

4. A really cool project is now being developed by a member of the Israeli ISR community, that will embody some sort of combination of a tipping system and web-wallet, within the FB platform, especially for Isracoin. this is going to be really cool. should be released for beta in the next couple of weeks most likely.

5. A member of the Israeli community is building a site for selling Isracoin via local Fiat (ILS). The site will essentially purchase the coins from the exchanges and sell to the public for local Israeli fiat currency. This is a very, very important step for the project and we hope it will go live within the next 3-4 weeks.

6. Similarly to point 5 above, a special system has been built to work with "Change shops" in Israel where people could step into these currency change shops and exchange cash for Isracoins. There are several thousand such shops in Israel and we feel this could lead to huge spread of the coin in the country. We are now in discussions already with several such shops who are showing interest and hope to be up and running in them soon and spread from there.

There are a few other things in the works, but they are not ready to be discussed yet.

We will announce each of the above things separately and in more detail, once they are ready.

ISR Team.
hm, no reply. Is this coin now officially dead?
What happened to the ATM in customs or the list of business accepting ISR?

If all remains quiet and things go back to normal, we hope to announce a few things starting next week.
There are several developments going on at the same time but no media or public announcement in the past few weeks due to the situation.

The week is almost over. Any news?
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ISRACOIN COMMUNITY!
HITBTC HAS JUST ANNOUNCED ISRACOIN AS THE WINNER IN THE LATEST VOTING ROUND!

As you may know, HitBTC is one of the larger volume exchanges that also has USD/EUR fiat.
This is a really big deal for Isracoin, as it is the first major fiat exchange to list Isracoin!

We believe great things are ahead and have a bunch more good news and updates coming up!
Activity: 41
What price fluctuation are you talking about man?
Both BTC and ISR are falling rapidly atm. I believe it's temporary. The militia activity in the territories and Ukraine and Iraq and americas probably makes ppl trust the government more at the moment (believing it can protect them? mistakenly?)

Once the dust settles and we'll be left with a hefty economic bill to pay for IDF's actions (and ukraine's government, etc) (guess who's going to pay it, the rich?) ppl will come ba-a-a-ack. Wink
y80
hitbtc appears to be ignoring my questions about August 11.
y80
any idea what's going on with the price?

I mean, I was expecting some fluctuations when the news broke, but this is a bit far in the game... hope all you guys are ok...

What price fluctuation are you talking about man?
Pages:
Jump to: