Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ITO] Scienceroot - The first Blockchain-based Scientific Ecosystem - page 6. (Read 6775 times)

Activity: 190
Merit: 0
As I know, being a reviewer is valuable in the scientific world. It adds to your reputation. The same can be used here in the system.

Like, building a reputation so that everybody can see your accomplishments?
copper member
Activity: 28
Scienceroot.com
The funds will be mining Scienceroot token?

Research Funds and Institutions will be able to be nodes in the system because we use a Proof of Stake Consensus algorithm.
copper member
Scienceroot.com
copper member
Scienceroot.com
Do you collaborate with other scientific funds or companies?

Yes we already discussed the implementation of blockchain into the scientific community with granting agencies and institutions.
copper member
Scienceroot.com
copper member
Scienceroot.com
the effort to put something like this on going is pretty cool but i;m not sure of it's potential  Undecided

The scientific system is hurting, during our conferences and discussions with the scientific community we received a lot of support to develop such a platform.
Activity: 175
The scientific community is new to me, but I think it's going to be interesting.
copper member
Scienceroot.com
Why do you need to reward the reviewers? And how can you guarantee a fair work from them?

Review takes up to 6 hours and is currently done for free by fellow scientists, we believe that everyone's time is valuable and needs to be rewarded.
That is why we aim to use a part of the article processing charge to reward reviewers.
Activity: 142
And will the platform generate any income on it's own?

Yes, the platform is sustainable through minimal transaction fees.

Is there a goal to start a buyback from the profits after a while?

haven't seen the info about it
copper member
Scienceroot.com
To "store article on the blockchain", as written in the ANN, is a quite challenging task - since articles occupy a real lot of space? How big would the blockchain be after one year?

To minimize the space used the articles will be hashed and only the hash will be stored on the blockchain
copper member
Scienceroot.com
I also want to know what investors stand to benefit from such research directly
The advancement of Science benefits us all, without progress we would still live in caves.
copper member
Scienceroot.com
That's a different kind of lending system? Where we invest in long run researches?

Our goal is to create an ecosystem where anyone in the scientific community around the globe will have the ability to gather funding, interact, discuss research ideas, collaborate and publish their scientific results.

But individuals interested in Science will also be able to participate in the Ecosystem, by having access to scientific articles and being able to contribute to science.
copper member
Scienceroot.com
Who can invest the projects in the system? Say, if I'm just an individual, can I invest in a grant that seems promising to me and then get a profit?

This functionality will be also available in the future, we plan to tokenize scientific ideas where you can get rewards.
Activity: 56
Hi! Do you have video interviews?
Yes, they do have. Check their YouTube channel!
Why do you need to reward the reviewers? And how can you guarantee a fair work from them?
How can you guarantee it now? There are always minimum 2 people reviewing a work and they don't know each other, nor the author. So it's highly improbable that all of them will be unfair
Wait, only institutions will be able to fund science?
No, everyone who wants to. Institutions and universities will be encouraged to stake coins in order to sustain the network
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
Really amazing, I know that many promising developments aren't funded only because it's unprofitable for the current billioneers. Like, garbage isn't used as an energy resource while oil is available.

Sounds like a city legend  Wink However, such rumors are popping up from time to time every once in while.
Activity: 115
Hi! Do you have video interviews?
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
We might have had hydrogen fuel by now if the researchers had an opportunity to use crowdfunding for that!

Maybe... Anyway, having more funding for research needs grows the chances to develop new things.
Activity: 141
Show me pls the current ICO progress
Pages:
Jump to: