Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 317. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
So We are now at block 472001.

Yup Jumblr has just been snapshot . I am just as excited to know how much I would get from it. Congratulations to KMD developers for having the idea to support the ecosystem of supernet .
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
So We are now at block 472001.
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
there isnt a way to do atomic swaps without downloading a full node?
not practically.
literally hundreds of remote RPC calls would be needed. For basilisk mode it is much fewer and still there are problems. At least with basilisk connection problems, the end result is that nothing happens.

with barterDEX, if you get a connection error, you will likely lose the funds for your trade. So the consequence for a connection problem is much greater and there are a lot more requests needed.

So, while it would be possible to do, I decide against it. Just not safe. Now, if we can get some SPV wallets with a more complete set of RPC, then it would be possible. However, even bitcoin doesnt have that many SPV wallets and I havent found one with enough of the RPC (equivalent)

If somebody knows of such a SPV wallet, please let me know
Activity: 160
there isnt a way to do atomic swaps without downloading a full node?
Activity: 476
Merit: 133

Use Basilisk mode...

Cannot get my balance to show, have reset cache about 10 times.. nothing

Check the address balance on : https://www.kmd.host/
We are in the process of updating notary nodes and during this process basilisk will not be 100% reliable.

For maximum reliability, use native komodod. And just saw some new releases go into the release pipeline that should improve Agama reliability in general.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

Use Basilisk mode...

Check the address balance on : https://www.kmd.host/
Activity: 716
Merit: 500
Kmd is keeping it coming the Barter Dex looks like a very good addition. Glad we're seeing everything move forward
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Use Basilisk mode...

Activity: 100
BarterDEX is gonna be great and it has fast transaction based on what I have seen in the  video . Major crypto assets should very well be listed on this . The only problem I see is that do we have to download all the blockchains involve in the swap for the daemon to execute the swap?
The BarterDEX is a native atomic swap exchange. Therefore it needs a full blockchain. You can sync in -prune mode to save space. It is a possiblity that as the platform matures we will come up with trusted setups for lite clients but for now it's all native. It is confirmation based too. That means that the time for completing an exchange will vary from coin to coin.

James has worked very hard to making the BarterDEX and we can only expect it to get better and more efficient as we move forward.

I didn't know about prune mode until recently. If that's an option it should be quite manageable.
Activity: 466
Merit: 253
Imagine a world without banks.......
BarterDEX is gonna be great and it has fast transaction based on what I have seen in the  video . Major crypto assets should very well be listed on this . The only problem I see is that do we have to download all the blockchains involve in the swap for the daemon to execute the swap?
The BarterDEX is a native atomic swap exchange. Therefore it needs a full blockchain. You can sync in -prune mode to save space. It is a possiblity that as the platform matures we will come up with trusted setups for lite clients but for now it's all native. It is confirmation based too. That means that the time for completing an exchange will vary from coin to coin.

James has worked very hard to making the BarterDEX and we can only expect it to get better and more efficient as we move forward.
Actuslly it doesn't have to be in Agama, just at an address that you control, such as ICO generated address.

I sent some KMD to my Agama and its not showing up, I clicked refresh ballistic network connections and its taking a lot of time. Am I doing it wrong or is there a faster way to syn it ?...what if I export the private key even if the wallet is not synced completely ....will I be able to claim the jumblr coin ?
Please check your KMD address on the block explorer at kmd.explorer.supernet.org
If your balance is correct, then it's a GUI problem that we can help you fix. You can also export your keys from Agama and import them into a non-gui. We have made tutorials for windows and linux non-gui. Tomorrow we will release the Mac OS command line guide as well.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Thank you for your support. We still have a long road ahead but we look forward to the coming months. We have many things in store and I think we will finally start showing the public Komodo Platform's potential.
Activity: 52
Just have to have it in my wallet right? Before Block 742000 and I receive Jumblr I assume correctly?

I'm backtracking some BCT posts but I don't fully understand

Yes you just need to be holding your KMD in Agama ready for the snapshot.

Actuslly it doesn't have to be in Agama, just at an address that you control, such as ICO generated address.

I sent some KMD to my Agama and its not showing up, I clicked refresh ballistic network connections and its taking a lot of time. Am I doing it wrong or is there a faster way to syn it ?...what if I export the private key even if the wallet is not synced completely ....will I be able to claim the jumblr coin ?
Activity: 100
Just have to have it in my wallet right? Before Block 742000 and I receive Jumblr I assume correctly?

Yes you just need to be holding your KMD in Agama ready for the snapshot.

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

Precisely , snapshot will be taken at that block number and it should be on your KMD address . Verify it using KMD block explorer. Then to verify it, maybe in 2 to 3 days, using Agama.
Jump to: