Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 349. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
I asked the same question on the BTCD forum so wanted to double check - If I buy BTCD today, can this be swapped for Komodo going forward when the website is back up and running?

Yes you will be able to swap until end of the year.  It is recommended that you swap sooner rather than later as the site may be down between scheduled swap times as a security measure.
I have been reading about Komodo and I'm curious to hear anyone's answer to this

If you were explaining Komodo to a new user, who has a basic understanding of crypto but knows nothing of Komodo

How would you explain it to them?

And

Why should they choose Komodo over say BTC, ETH, or ZEC

We explained Komodo it in the updated bitcointalk thread. Check it out and let us know if it is clear and how it could be improved.

We are in the process of building everything up, so from the user's perspective bitcoins have more usability than KMD (or any other cryptocurrency). But, already excellent privacy can be achieved through Jumblr, so there's a usecase already. No GUI yet though.

can you give us a short update about the GUI status/process? Many thanks

Version 2.0.2 is the latest I believe for Agama. Updates and experimental versions can be found on github.  "UglyGUI" is being prioritized to allow users to use and test Barterdex. Despite its name. It's not ugly just simple  which I don't think is a bad thing.
I have been reading about Komodo and I'm curious to hear anyone's answer to this

If you were explaining Komodo to a new user, who has a basic understanding of crypto but knows nothing of Komodo

And

Better privacy than ZEC
Faster and less governance issues than BTC
When smart contracts get implemented  they will be independent chains and not built into a blockchain like ETH or BTC.  Preventing social issues like the ramifications of the DAO attack or Parity hack. ( simplified:  rollbacks are far less cumbersome and disruptive because only the only smartchain gets rolled back and not the main Komodo chain.)
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I asked the same question on the BTCD forum so wanted to double check - If I buy BTCD today, can this be swapped for Komodo going forward when the website is back up and running?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

And

We explained Komodo it in the updated bitcointalk thread. Check it out and let us know if it is clear and how it could be improved.

We are in the process of building everything up, so from the user's perspective bitcoins have more usability than KMD (or any other cryptocurrency). But, already excellent privacy can be achieved through Jumblr, so there's a usecase already. No GUI yet though.

can you give us a short update about the GUI status/process? Many thanks
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

And

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

And

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
regret selling KMD way to cheap, after swapping with BTCD...
never thought it will go this far

Where can I check KMD roadmap?

KMD is on sale now! It is not too late to get back in. After the BTC split I expect KMD to recover well.
You are right.I am also expecting kmd to go to $3 next month after btc market recover.Holding my kmd tightly till than Smiley
I agree, the current price doesn't reflect the achievements made in such a short time.

Talk is cheap....once BTC sorts it self out after August 1......so will most Alts be cheap as well....the main reason they have all increased in value is that the wall street followers have finally got on the digital currency

band wagon . Many of them have fallen for the hype around alts, not knowing there elbows from there arse holes about crypto. When they get there heads around it expect to see a lot more pump and dump activity in

the alt markets as capitalization is so small compared to traditional markets they play in now. After they finish Butt hurting people in alts they will park most of there profits in BTC

Cheers Jon  Cool

When the Wall St boys turn up in numbers they'll be looking for alts that pay dividends,

Alts that pay dividends are illegal on many US exchanges (depending on state laws ). Why do you think that Komodo isn't listed on Polo ?

Cheers Jon  Shocked

It's a good thing BarterDex exists, kinda makes the theoretical legality of dividend paying coins on exchanges a moot point.
Activity: 113
Merit: 20

KMD is on sale now! It is not too late to get back in. After the BTC split I expect KMD to recover well.
You are right.I am also expecting kmd to go to $3 next month after btc market recover.Holding my kmd tightly till than Smiley
I agree, the current price doesn't reflect the achievements made in such a short time.

Talk is cheap....once BTC sorts it self out after August 1......so will most Alts be cheap as well....the main reason they have all increased in value is that the wall street followers have finally got on the digital currency

band wagon . Many of them have fallen for the hype around alts, not knowing there elbows from there arse holes about crypto. When they get there heads around it expect to see a lot more pump and dump activity in

the alt markets as capitalization is so small compared to traditional markets they play in now. After they finish Butt hurting people in alts they will park most of there profits in BTC

Cheers Jon  Cool

When the Wall St boys turn up in numbers they'll be looking for alts that pay dividends,

Alts that pay dividends are illegal on many US exchanges (depending on state laws ). Why do you think that Komodo isn't listed on Polo ?

Cheers Jon  Shocked

While it is true that the few cryptos that pay dividends would be an accounting nightmare for exchanges, I haven't heard that they are illegal.  Can you post any reference to the laws?  Komodo isn't dividend paying,  but SuperNET was.  We should make a distinction between interest bearing and dividend posting.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Cheers Jon  Cool

Cheers Jon  Shocked
Activity: 119
Merit: 11

Cheers Jon  Cool

Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Cheers Jon  Cool
Activity: 466
Imagine a world without banks.......

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

Activity: 466
Imagine a world without banks.......
Activity: 830
Merit: 1000

Activity: 282
Merit: 260
KMD price needs to gain traction again fixing ICO website soon,then JUMBLR and a new fresh Agama update.As soon as possible

how soon is it? a lot have been waiting for the ICO website to be fixed and also to swap BTCD to KMD. when is JUMBLR airdrop?
I'm with you,ICO website have delay and JUMBLR too but part of the team has been busy attending meetings.We will have updates soon,but specific dates are difficult.Komodo is promising,I trust the team.Price will fly again Grin
Jump to: