Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 344. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 13
Long time lurker of bitcointalk but finally decided to register to participate in the community. I participated in last year's ICO and have hopeful expectations for this coin. I can't wait to see where Komodo goes in the future.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I''ll also echo 'indeed's' post to exercise caution when arguing that peeps who didn't withdraw from the ico site didn't withdraw because they 'didn't get around to it'. I was also holding btcd before komodo was announced and I also didn't withdraw from the site not because i didn't get around to it but because i frankly concerned about bug in wallets in alpha/beta wiping out my coins. That's my bad and i'm not complaining, just saying.
Activity: 19
I actually really appreciate there's finally a statement to not expect the ico site up 'any day now'. Managing expectations is important and expectations have imo been poorly managed on this particular issue. It calls in question the management of the whole project when it's being communicated that something is 'imminent' and days/weeks roll by. [Yes, it would be nice to be surprised if it's back up early and if that happens i expect the response will now be 'good job' rather than 'finally'.]
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
All the idiots bitching about the ico site being down currently seem to forget they had months to make a claim previously like the other 90% of people that did and just didn't bother.

I think that's a lame argument. Look, I fully support kmd, I've held btcd for years, but the instructions for the swap were very confusing. I didn't feel comfortable swapping until I understood that I didn't even have to swap TO a wallet managed address. Considering the reliability issues with agama etc, I'm sure you can understand my hesitation. I eventually realized after asking many questions, that the swap could be done right on the website directly to a kmd address without the need to use agama.

So look what happens, I finally swap (like I could have done 6 months prior) and this happens. In retrospect waiting to swap would have at least let me collect btcd interest.

Supernet owns this problem, they admit it's a problem and they're working hard to fix it. I trust that, respect it and live with it. But to blame people for not swapping earlier is misdirected criticism.

Well, I guess you are a late comer for KMD. From its ICO days, the BTCD swapped are being done on the ICO website, Agama doesn't existed yet . So in the first place the website was the primary swapping section for BTCD. I was just as surprised with what you have gone through that finally realized that it was not Agama wallet that do the swapping.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
All the idiots bitching about the ico site being down currently seem to forget they had months to make a claim previously like the other 90% of people that did and just didn't bother.

I think that's a lame argument. Look, I fully support kmd, I've held btcd for years, but the instructions for the swap were very confusing. I didn't feel comfortable swapping until I understood that I didn't even have to swap TO a wallet managed address. Considering the reliability issues with agama etc, I'm sure you can understand my hesitation. I eventually realized after asking many questions, that the swap could be done right on the website directly to a kmd address without the need to use agama.

So look what happens, I finally swap (like I could have done 6 months prior) and this happens. In retrospect waiting to swap would have at least let me collect btcd interest.

Supernet owns this problem, they admit it's a problem and they're working hard to fix it. I trust that, respect it and live with it. But to blame people for not swapping earlier is misdirected criticism.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Negligence is catching on some contributors. Indeed, there were plenty of time for a swap. Or maybe they don't want to get rid of their BTCD because it was at ATH that time. They hodled and as a result they did not have a chance to redeem on time.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
mez
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
in my opinion the price will go down once the ico site is updated because all the people swap from btcd to kmd and will sell their kmd.

So where is my fallacy?

If people want to receive a share of the JUMBLR sharedrop then they need to HODL their KMD until after that is completed.

When is jumblr sharedrop?
what will be  the price of jumblr

jl777B already answered the question earlier. There is no ETA for the jumblr snapshot yet. It will happen after the ICO site is back up, and there is no ETA for that yet either.

Sounds very fishy....
Activity: 650
Merit: 502
in my opinion the price will go down once the ico site is updated because all the people swap from btcd to kmd and will sell their kmd.

So where is my fallacy?

If people want to receive a share of the JUMBLR sharedrop then they need to HODL their KMD until after that is completed.

jl777B already answered the question earlier. There is no ETA for the jumblr snapshot yet. It will happen after the ICO site is back up, and there is no ETA for that yet either.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
For people that dont like to read the previous page.

ICO site is still not ready, we will announce when it is. There is no ETA.

The JUMBLR snapshot will happen after the ICO site is back up, since there is no ETA for ICO site, there is no ETA for JUMBLR snapshot.

We apologize in the delay for giving out the free bonus and appreciate if you can understand that our priority is the safety of user funds and not the giving out the free JUMBLR sharedrop.

Also, complaining about the delay wont make it go any faster. However, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and complain. I am also complaining too, but it will take as long as it takes.

Maybe it is best to not expect the ICO site anytime soon. Then when it is available, it will be a pleasant surprise. So officially, let us say the ICO site will be ready before the end of the year.

But the deadline to change BTCD over to KMD is Jan 2018, will this be extended to incorporate the website delay?

There will still be many months to do the swap after the ICO site is back online. Everyone will have a chance to swap, so there's no reason to extend the time.

So where is my fallacy?

We will announce it after the ICO site is online. There's no ETA for bringing ICO site online.

The Jumblr price is anyone's guess Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 500

So where is my fallacy?

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

The JUMBLR snapshot will happen after the ICO site is back up, since there is no ETA for ICO site, there is no ETA for JUMBLR snapshot.

We apologize in the delay for giving out the free bonus and appreciate if you can understand that our priority is the safety of user funds and not the giving out the free JUMBLR sharedrop.

Also, complaining about the delay wont make it go any faster. However, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and complain. I am also complaining too, but it will take as long as it takes.

Maybe it is best to not expect the ICO site anytime soon. Then when it is available, it will be a pleasant surprise. So officially, let us say the ICO site will be ready before the end of the year.

But the deadline to change BTCD over to KMD is Jan 2018, will this be extended to incorporate the website delay?
In the extremely unlikely event that BTCD conversion is not available prior to Jan 2018, it will be extended. However, as long as we are able to convert before Jan 2018, there is no need to extend, so we wont extend in the expected case.
Activity: 54

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Any updates on the transfer of NXT assets over to KMD assetchains?  Are you guys waiting for barterDEX to be more complete since there won't be any other market for those assets after the transfer?
yes, we need barterDEX solid and in place before it makes sense to transfer over. We will test things out with REVS and JUMBLR trading first as a lot of KMD holders will have at least one of those.

Sounds good. Seems like all the important parts are steadily coming together.  Keep up the good work.
Any updates on the transfer of NXT assets over to KMD assetchains?  Are you guys waiting for barterDEX to be more complete since there won't be any other market for those assets after the transfer?
yes, we need barterDEX solid and in place before it makes sense to transfer over. We will test things out with REVS and JUMBLR trading first as a lot of KMD holders will have at least one of those.
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
I also am earning very little interest. I sent 0.001 to myself and have earned .11 KMD for holding under 900 coins for the last two days. Is this normal?

5% apr if you had 900 would be 45 kmd a year assuming no compounding .  45/365 = .123 a day .  You said you had less than 900 so this seems about accurate.  

Make sure to spend all the utxo 's to get all your interest

utxo's?
google is useful: https://bitcoin.org/en/glossary/unspent-transaction-output
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
Is there a KMD pool around with a little more hashrate in it ?

I use Supernova, but it's to small looking at the network hash, need one with a little more hash.
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Hello. Bye.
I also am earning very little interest. I sent 0.001 to myself and have earned .11 KMD for holding under 900 coins for the last two days. Is this normal?

5% apr if you had 900 would be 45 kmd a year assuming no compounding .  45/365 = .123 a day .  You said you had less than 900 so this seems about accurate.  

Make sure to spend all the utxo 's to get all your interest

utxo's?

Jump to: