Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 348. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

Staying under the radar for much longer might end up being a problem...   Undecided

you are right...i think the biggest problem is, that nothing happenend with kmd...the ico site is still under construction...its to long for only a website...and the other features also waiting for the release. in cryptoworld you have no time for waiting so long...so komodo team hurry up ;-)
It took BTCD years to go from 20000 sats to $50+
why to expect KMD will only need months?

i dont expect that komodo will reach 50+$ in month but I think that many people expect a progress. The Jumblr distribution is the best example...normaly it should take place month ago but it doesnt happenend because something regarding the ico site doesnt work. but the ico site is still under construction and for possible investors it is deterrent. I dont need the ico site because i have my kmd and trust you and the team but for success you need more people than me. ;-)
The ICO site and JUMBLR sharedrop actually have not much to do with the KMD tech itself, I think there is being overemphasis on it. Certainly we are working to get it fixed and back online. However, to all the people that make it sound so easy to hire contractors and magically get tech working... Well, we did outsource the ICO site but now the original devs are not available. So we are delaying KMD specific work to get the ICO site fixed.

Not exactly the ideal situation and since it is dealing with real KMD credits we need to not just rush something out. I think there would be far more problems if we rushed a site out and it turns out to make mistakes with the KMD credits.

However, there are many ways to make progress and I am disappointed that people are not more happy about barterDEX making good progress. There is even a basic GUI in testing for it now:

but this does not seem to count as progress since the ICO site is not working...

We are adding a new coin or two per day at the low level via command line testing and now over 60 coins are approved for test trading. If this is not meaningful progress, then not sure what is.

after using bisq, which I find a good solution, I'm very excited about barterDEX. it is one of the reasons for me to aquire and hodl KMD coins.
where can I get barteDEX, or is it still only for "selected few" due to its early phase?

on the side:
for new people coming to KMD, it is kinda difficult to get hold of all the info ie. available tools via supernet.org. the info and updates are all over the place (slack, this forum, github, reddit) but I hope it will get better as we move forward.

it is open to everyone, but you need to be able to do command line and have coin daemons running
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Staying under the radar for much longer might end up being a problem...   Undecided

you are right...i think the biggest problem is, that nothing happenend with kmd...the ico site is still under construction...its to long for only a website...and the other features also waiting for the release. in cryptoworld you have no time for waiting so long...so komodo team hurry up ;-)

i dont expect that komodo will reach 50+$ in month but I think that many people expect a progress. The Jumblr distribution is the best example...normaly it should take place month ago but it doesnt happenend because something regarding the ico site doesnt work. but the ico site is still under construction and for possible investors it is deterrent. I dont need the ico site because i have my kmd and trust you and the team but for success you need more people than me. ;-)
The ICO site and JUMBLR sharedrop actually have not much to do with the KMD tech itself, I think there is being overemphasis on it. Certainly we are working to get it fixed and back online. However, to all the people that make it sound so easy to hire contractors and magically get tech working... Well, we did outsource the ICO site but now the original devs are not available. So we are delaying KMD specific work to get the ICO site fixed.

Not exactly the ideal situation and since it is dealing with real KMD credits we need to not just rush something out. I think there would be far more problems if we rushed a site out and it turns out to make mistakes with the KMD credits.

However, there are many ways to make progress and I am disappointed that people are not more happy about barterDEX making good progress. There is even a basic GUI in testing for it now:

https://www.screencast.com/t/SrPb1bYZh

but this does not seem to count as progress since the ICO site is not working...

We are adding a new coin or two per day at the low level via command line testing and now over 60 coins are approved for test trading. If this is not meaningful progress, then not sure what is.

after using bisq, which I find a good solution, I'm very excited about barterDEX. it is one of the reasons for me to aquire and hodl KMD coins.
where can I get barteDEX, or is it still only for "selected few" due to its early phase?

on the side:
for new people coming to KMD, it is kinda difficult to get hold of all the info ie. available tools via supernet.org. the info and updates are all over the place (slack, this forum, github, reddit) but I hope it will get better as we move forward.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

thank you. your work is greatly appreciated. standing by for reality upgrades.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
Does any coin can be traded on Barter DEX? Is the any application form or something like that?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin

Where would you like to see / believe KMD will be at the end of 2017 as far as functionality, associated tech (trading,wallets), and even a price speculation?

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Activity: 623
Merit: 500
Fortune favours the bold!
Where can I safely download the KMD wallet for windows? Anybody know?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10

Activity: 9
Any ETA on when the site will be back up for swapping btcd for kmd?

Also, what's the word on what will happen to btcd... is it basically a dead coin?

I think so

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

Activity: 54
I asked the same question on the BTCD forum so wanted to double check - If I buy BTCD today, can this be swapped for Komodo going forward when the website is back up and running?

Yes, you can swap it right away when the ICO site is up.

[/quote]

Thanks, I know it's probably been answered somewhere within this forum but don't have much time scrolling through. Is the ICO Site being revived soon?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I have been reading about Komodo and I'm curious to hear anyone's answer to this

If you were explaining Komodo to a new user, who has a basic understanding of crypto but knows nothing of Komodo

How would you explain it to them?

And

Why should they choose Komodo over say BTC, ETH, or ZEC

We explained Komodo it in the updated bitcointalk thread. Check it out and let us know if it is clear and how it could be improved.

We are in the process of building everything up, so from the user's perspective bitcoins have more usability than KMD (or any other cryptocurrency). But, already excellent privacy can be achieved through Jumblr, so there's a usecase already. No GUI yet though.

can you give us a short update about the GUI status/process? Many thanks

We are actively looking for talented devs and other solutions that would boost up the development process. Here's what we are doing:

1. We are in contact with a third party company would do a code review and might help us afterwards too. They can help us to make better decisions.
2. We have a new strategy to find quality devs through face to face meetings and networking. Few of our team members will be spending time in Barcelona.
3. Our platform's potential is so wide that we cannot make all the GUI's in-house. We are going to get into contact with certain established companies or young teams that we would encourage to build a certain DAPP or APP. It's all open source, and anyone could develop a GUI for something.
4. Documentation: our team members have been doing documentation so that new GUI devs can get up to speed quickly. Of course also third party developers need quality documentation to use our platform.
5. Quality Design - our marketing team is getting  involved with the GUI design aspects. They will be further designing the Agama Wallet Brand.

I asked the same question on the BTCD forum so wanted to double check - If I buy BTCD today, can this be swapped for Komodo going forward when the website is back up and running?

Yes, you can swap it right away when the ICO site is up.
Activity: 567
Merit: 270
Hi, I've a question about agama native mode for komodo.
On the same pc there is a wallet.dat that I think has been generated by swing wallet.
After blockchain sync a agama shown me transactions list of that wallet, but I'm activating komodo with a new seed.
What could happens using this configuration? Is mandatory to remove the wallet.dat?
Activity: 113
Merit: 20
Do you know "where" the 5% are taken from ?  The more I stack the more i should return interest right ?

They are new coins, generated not taken from anywhere. The more you stack the more coins you will receive though the rate remains the same.  To get slightly more than the 5% redeem your interest often to take advantage of cumulative compounding.

Is this the process of "staking" or "minting"? does Komodo use PoS?

It's a innovation of Komodo. You gain these rewards all the time, and it doesn't create blockchain bloat.

Komodo is PoW (equihash), and it has dPoW consensus built on top of it.

What are the interest intervals ?

How often can you redeem said interest?

Interest rate is 5% and it will accumulate for 1 year, after which you should move the unspent transaction (UTXO) to claim the interest.  You can claim more often to compound the interest. I believe komodo will continue to generate interest until all the coins are issued.  

You can redeem interest once an hour if you are willing to pay for the transaction fees.

So if you're actively accumulating say 10 Komodo a day, what is the ideal redemption timeline

Also how do you use this feature?
https://www.investor.gov/additional-resources/free-financial-planning-tools/compound-interest-calculator

You use the feature by spending the UTXO that has accumulated the interest.  You can spend it by sending the UTXO to yourself.  The interest will then show up in your account as a new unspent transaction.  If you didn't wait a full day to claim your interest then you should fold that < 10 KMD utxo into a larger UTXO so it will also generate interest and compound your interest generation.

The actual command I use (with linux CLI wallet) is ./src/komodo-cli sendtoaddress RMoFomrd69gctLwXjxyz1DLa19g1o8wtSe 10
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Do you know "where" the 5% are taken from ?  The more I stack the more i should return interest right ?

They are new coins, generated not taken from anywhere. The more you stack the more coins you will receive though the rate remains the same.  To get slightly more than the 5% redeem your interest often to take advantage of cumulative compounding.

It's a innovation of Komodo. You gain these rewards all the time, and it doesn't create blockchain bloat.

Interest rate is 5% and it will accumulate for 1 year, after which you should move the unspent transaction (UTXO) to claim the interest.  You can claim more often to compound the interest. I believe komodo will continue to generate interest until all the coins are issued.  

You can redeem interest once an hour if you are willing to pay for the transaction fees.

So if you're actively accumulating say 10 Komodo a day, what is the ideal redemption timeline

Also how do you use this feature?
Activity: 113
Merit: 20

YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Do you know "where" the 5% are taken from ?  The more I stack the more i should return interest right ?

They are new coins, generated not taken from anywhere. The more you stack the more coins you will receive though the rate remains the same.  To get slightly more than the 5% redeem your interest often to take advantage of cumulative compounding.

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Any ETA on when the site will be back up for swapping btcd for kmd?

Also, what's the word on what will happen to btcd... is it basically a dead coin?
Jump to: