Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 506. (Read 1192000 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1462
Yes, I'm an asshole
Iguana, Agama, Komodo, SuperNet, EasyDEX, Full mode, Native mode, Basilisk.....jeez you guys are really making things confusing for newcomers. Do you really want anyone to simply use this?

What might be a developer's wet dream of features and names is most likely confusing the hell out of potential users.

Carburetor inlet manifold, overhead camshaft gasket, turbo injectors, twin cam sprocket lifters, piston head thingy majig .... isn't this a forum for the mechanically minded? I don't think retail users will ever need to bother about this stuff, anymore than most internet users think about tcp/ip. This forum is for people who might build a retail business using komodo and speculators.

Uhh... No, actually this forum is for people to talk about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, didn't have to be specifically about komodo. Hence, this forum has specific board with specific child board which has a lot of threads which aim is to facilitate specific coin to be discussed. But yeah, we get your point here and I must say I am quite but not completely agree with Fern, the lots of terms can be sometimes overwhelming for new users like me who usually use simple online wallet. I believe, Fern's concern originate from dev's wish to make the wallet simple for everyone (stated on the first page).

The part where I cant be completely agree with Fern is because dev has actually tried their best to help and even giving short explanation on each terms. Most of those "alien words" can be simply understood if you read the first page, right below that "make it simple" sentence.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Iguana, Agama, Komodo, SuperNet, EasyDEX, Full mode, Native mode, Basilisk.....jeez you guys are really making things confusing for newcomers. Do you really want anyone to simply use this?

What might be a developer's wet dream of features and names is most likely confusing the hell out of potential users.

Carburetor inlet manifold, overhead camshaft gasket, turbo injectors, twin cam sprocket lifters, piston head thingy majig .... isn't this a forum for the mechanically minded? I don't think retail users will ever need to bother about this stuff, anymore than most internet users think about tcp/ip. This forum is for people who might build a retail business using komodo and speculators.

Fair enough. I guess one day there will be many end user consumer products that use the platform. A good example might be jumbler.io for coin mixing, no one needs to know about the mechanics that make it work. One recognisable brand name for each service, like "Shapeshift" is for trading (albeit centralised and not private).
Activity: 119
Merit: 11

Activity: 644
Merit: 251
Is there any truth to the rumor that KMD is going to be listed on polo soon?

Do you seriously believe that polo announces the coins that they are going to release beforehand?
Activity: 148
Merit: 102
Is there any truth to the rumor that KMD is going to be listed on polo soon?
Activity: 406
SuperNET homepage just got updated! Read about what we are doing.

The website looks way much better than before. Awesome update!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
SuperNET homepage just got updated! Read about what we are doing.

Activity: 247

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I was wondering, how can I backup my Iguana wallet? In case it gets corrupted, would it be possible to reinstall it and get inside only with the seed without importing any .dat files for instance?
the seed is the backup for the main address,which is the only address a wallet would have unless you importprivkey or generate new addresses.

The latter operation is something you need to do by command line and if you are importing privkeys then the assumption is that you have backup of it.

so, for most people most of the time, all that is needed is the seed
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I was wondering, how can I backup my Iguana wallet? In case it gets corrupted, would it be possible to reinstall it and get inside only with the seed without importing any .dat files for instance?
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
we all can understand but f.... trolls
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
iguana core is still iguana so for those who like iguana name, it is still there

there was just so much confusions about iguana core vs iguana gui

and with upcoming tradeshow and marketing, it is best to do any name changes beforehand
Activity: 282
Merit: 260
Agama sounds like "To the moon" Grin
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

It's always a bearish sign, when delivery is delayed and instead renaming is discussed.

Will wait for 4000 satoshi!  Grin

What delivery is delayed?

Go grab some more KMD assets on heat cheap  Shocked Shocked
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
methodic madness

It's always a bearish sign, when delivery is delayed and instead renaming is discussed.

Will wait for 4000 satoshi!  Grin
legendary

Strong sell!

You do realise its nothing more than a new name for the GUI wallet.
methodic madness
legendary
methodic madness
Announcement: Iguana has been renamed to Agama

The reason for the name change is technical, which might be a bit surprising. Let us explain.

We had built a new Bitcoin protocol implementation called 'Iguana Core' which is the other thing powering Agama apart from Komodo. Because these two things had very similar names it caused some problems, and we had to rename Iguana.

Fuck!

This is the end!   Sad
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Name changing is a nice strategy for a game changing strategy to further market a great product as Komodo. Iguana was a cool name but Agama is an intriguing one. We will soon find out how much impact from the crypto world would be.
Jump to: