Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 507. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Announcement: Iguana has been renamed to Agama

The reason for the name change is technical, which might be a bit surprising. Let us explain.

We had built a new Bitcoin protocol implementation called 'Iguana Core' which is the other thing powering Agama apart from Komodo. Because these two things had very similar names it caused some problems, and we had to rename Iguana.

This name change also allows us to better talk about Iguana Core without confusing our audience. It is indeed a big piece of our innovation, and what jl777 has been building since 2015. It is the thing that powers our atomic cross-chain swap protocol.

When you launch Agama you will also launch two other processes: Iguana daemon and Komodod daemon.

The name change was easy to make, as we had not even branded Iguana yet and there had not been any marketing. Our only users are you - the investors.

We will be branding Agama in the future.

Yes, it is a lizard

P.S. we will soon update our supernet homepage with more content and Iguana will be renamed to Agama.
Will it require the update of the app on the system byuser or it will update it self.I hope the update of the app does not have anything to do with any detected bug.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

The reason for the name change is technical, which might be a bit surprising. Let us explain.

We had built a new Bitcoin protocol implementation called 'Iguana Core' which is the other thing powering Agama apart from Komodo. Because these two things had very similar names it caused some problems, and we had to rename Iguana.

This name change also allows us to better talk about Iguana Core without confusing our audience. It is indeed a big piece of our innovation, and what jl777 has been building since 2015. It is the thing that powers our atomic cross-chain swap protocol.

When you launch Agama you will also launch two other processes: Iguana daemon and Komodod daemon.

The name change was easy to make, as we had not even branded Iguana yet and there had not been any marketing. Our only users are you - the investors.

Yes, it is a lizard

P.S. we will soon update our supernet homepage with more content and Iguana will be renamed to Agama.

Twitter : https://twitter.com/KomodoPlatform/status/844235668968669186

Reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/komodoplatform/comments/60ovmg/announcement_iguana_has_been_renamed_to_agama/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/KomodoPlatform/photos/a.330322533980991.1073741828.321638648182713/427602160919694/?type=3&theater

New SuperNET : http://news.supernet.org/posts/6iMb8NyR6w4RaxKk4/announcement-iguana-has-been-renamed-to-agama
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

Yes, it is a lizard

legendary
Activity: 1206
Wanted to say best of luck at BlockShow2017 in Munich!

Just read the newsletter and it's great to see that ca333, alice and polycryptoblog will be kicking off the promotion for KMD in style! Nice SN/KMD garb they'll be sporting for the show. Knock their socks off fellas and lady! Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
-

Our very first Blockchain show exhibition...NICE  Cool

Our Komodo lizard are getting more and more dangerous everyday..I LIKE  Grin

By the way, hope you guys can take some videos too...maybe Alice can show us around the Blockchain conference/exhibition room  Wink

Indeed! A GoPro is already somewhere travelling towards their mailbox.

That great....looking forward to our first Blockchains show exhibition, so good luck guys  Cool

And hope our European Komodo fans can visit and show them some support too  Smiley

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Bigboss
A bit more info about new team member @Alice?
I remember she was always paying to this other guy with every new crypto, but nothing on the videos side.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
-

By the way, hope you guys can take some videos too...maybe Alice can show us around the Blockchain conference/exhibition room  Wink

Indeed! A GoPro is already somewhere travelling towards their mailbox.
Activity: 196

Activity: 1330
Merit: 533
BTCD SWAP TOTAL
Total BTCD Raised: 1084755.53504562 BTCD
Activity: 139
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Nice, the KMD situation has been resolved. Besides downloading the new wallet, is there anything else I need to do?

Tell the world about KMD Smiley

unfortunately is not that easy explain the supernet/komodo project
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Nice, the KMD situation has been resolved. Besides downloading the new wallet, is there anything else I need to do?

Alright, good plan Tongue . Two more questions. What exactly are the point of REVs other than an asset we received during BTCD ICO distribution?

Also, how come the interest paid isn't included in my KMD balance?

REVS  represents the percentages of revenue share that was promised to BTCD holders as part of the continuing support of the network.  Many BTCD holders are now part of the Komodo community.  Asset Holders will receive 5% of InstantDEX, crypto777 and SuperNET revenues.   1.3 million assets were created.  You hold REVS you get paid  pretty simple. 

Regarding the 2nd problem  can you be more specific?  have you sent a tx and the interest not redeem to your address?
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
In Crypto I trust.
I downloaded the tar.gz file to Ubuntu, extracted and tried to double click the Iguana launcher but it freezes. It also wouldn't run as superuser unless I modified permissions to the Iguana launcher - then it worked.  Can this be fixed?
legendary
Activity: 1073

Alright, good plan Tongue . Two more questions. What exactly are the point of REVs other than an asset we received during BTCD ICO distribution?

Also, how come the interest paid isn't included in my KMD balance?
legendary
Activity: 1428

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Can someone explain to me how KMD will Benefit/grow in price from Iguana DEX final product? 

Many of the services use KMD in some form,   Jumblr for instance. 
Activity: 172
Had over 200 KMD balance on Suprnova. Now it shows 0, all gone.
I checked transactions, shows nothing. Earnings have been reset to zero as well.
Do not worry.

I am working with suprnova to resolve this situation.

I will support the people that support komodo and that includes all parts of the ecosystem.

Glad to see everything is settled after the incident, the team is working hard to deliver and people are eager to buy KMD on exchanges, the market cap is good.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!
Can someone explain to me how KMD will Benefit/grow in price from Iguana DEX final product? 
Jump to: