Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 540. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

what does it mean $ stable? I don't want KMD to be stable lol, i want volatility to the upside.

It means you can transfer KMD into USD automatically & instantly. The decentralized price feed is maintained by the notary node network, raw prices come from European Central Bank & Bitcoin exchange APIs. A new raw price point is being recorded to Komodo blockchain by the notary node that finds the new block.

White paper incoming, currently final editing is being done.

I've been in the exodus.io slack channel, they are doing a good job, but if there's something that I learn there is that you can't add a ton of cryptos to a multicurrency wallet without expecting to have tons of problems and bugs. You have to take the slow but steady approach, first add the most used coins and expand from there. If not, ask the jaxx.io guys why they ended up taking out monero because of the problems that users were experiencing. You can't just open to the public a multicurrency wallet with lots of cryptos that are buggy, what kind of approach you guys will take? Slow but steady? or all currencies the first release of the wallet and lots of work for problems solving..?

Dev, any thoughts on this? Thanks.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I am new to Komodo, can anyone give me an explanation how the interest model in Komodo works and how interest can be claimed? Thanks!

Interest = 5% APR

Info:
https://supernet.org/en/resources/articles/receive-free-coins-quaranteed-kmd-interest

I am still on the original KMD address. According the article I need to move to another address before I start getting the 5% APR? Also, needs to move it once a year?

Thanks,

There's actually one mistake in the article: you don't need to move them to get interest - you get interest all the time.

They must be only moved once a year, as the interest will stop accumulating after 12 months.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
I am new to Komodo, can anyone give me an explanation how the interest model in Komodo works and how interest can be claimed? Thanks!

Interest = 5% APR

Info:
https://supernet.org/en/resources/articles/receive-free-coins-quaranteed-kmd-interest

I am still on the original KMD address. According the article I need to move to another address before I start getting the 5% APR? Also, needs to move it once a year?

Thanks,
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

Interest = 5% APR

Info:
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
Devs should show their identities, if you want to see  KMD on polo.
No worry. SuperNET is in Polo with the same development team and without showing identity.
legendary

Why does their identity matter?

Surely KMD should be judged by the innovation, software, routemap and existing market cap.

The guys behind this project have been around a long time now.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000
Peaky Blinder
Activity: 1330
Merit: 533
My BTCD Invested total: 854.10694542 BTCD Smiley

Will it be paid today?
legendary
What about the price? it's too cheap I do not understand why it is under ICO price?
I have known that this is a new technology and it's better than the other altcoins and it has got a strong and technical team but it's very disappointing.
I feel sorry for this KMD.

I think the rally in BTC hasnt helped and many are waiting for the wallet bugs to be ironed out before jumping in.
Activity: 121
Merit: 92
What about the price? it's too cheap I do not understand why it is under ICO price?
I have known that this is a new technology and it's better than the other altcoins and it has got a strong and technical team but it's very disappointing.
I feel sorry for this KMD.
legendary
when will be the next release? please dont say soon or something similiar. Thanks

Every hear the saying "Its ready when its ready"

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

what does it mean $ stable? I don't want KMD to be stable lol, i want volatility to the upside.

It means you can transfer KMD into USD automatically & instantly. The decentralized price feed is maintained by the notary node network, raw prices come from European Central Bank & Bitcoin exchange APIs. A new raw price point is being recorded to Komodo blockchain by the notary node that finds the new block.

I've been in the exodus.io slack channel, they are doing a good job, but if there's something that I learn there is that you can't add a ton of cryptos to a multicurrency wallet without expecting to have tons of problems and bugs. You have to take the slow but steady approach, first add the most used coins and expand from there. If not, ask the jaxx.io guys why they ended up taking out monero because of the problems that users were experiencing. You can't just open to the public a multicurrency wallet with lots of cryptos that are buggy, what kind of approach you guys will take? Slow but steady? or all currencies the first release of the wallet and lots of work for problems solving..?

We have built a new Bitcoin protocol called 'Iguana Core' which we can use to import any pure bitcoin fork coin into our multiwallet, and they will work with the same API commands. The hard work has already been done by jl777, and adding new bitcoincompatible coins is not a problem.

However, a lot of coins considered as bitcoin compatible have added a lot of new code on top, and thus require a lot of extra work. All in all the situation is not so clear.

So yes, we will have to add new coins slowly - and right now we are mainly focusing on delivering the basic/functional product.

when will be the next release? please dont say soon or something similiar. Thanks
Set Your Ideas Free

We have built a new Bitcoin protocol called 'Iguana Core' which we can use to import any pure bitcoin fork coin into our multiwallet, and they will work with the same API commands. The hard work has already been done by jl777, and adding new bitcoincompatible coins is not a problem.

However, a lot of coins considered as bitcoin compatible have added a lot of new code on top, and thus require a lot of extra work. All in all the situation is not so clear.

So yes, we will have to add new coins slowly - and right now we are mainly focusing on delivering the basic/functional product.
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Watching this project closely and have invested some.

I think building on top of btc like Komodo is doing is the right way to go, but can I make a suggestion to stop adding functionality to the wallet until you have a stable bug-free version. If you keep adding functionality it will introduce new bugs and prevent you from delivering a stable wallet to be used for simply storing your own coins safely.

I really like the developments so far, keep up the great work!

Certainly a good point.

Majority (all the known bugs) of the bugs have been fixed, we just need to get the release out. Some issues, such as a new bug, rises which further delays the release a bit.

The Jumblr was a very easy thing to add, it only took few hours according to Satinder. Adding it is a crucial thing as it allows jl777 to further test DEX and fix any possible backend bugs.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Dude, you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Do you understand the complexity that goes behind Iguana? Its not your typical shitcoin wallet which is made of copy paste code. Iguana is meant to be a multi coin wallet, a first of its type and will be linked to Instant DEX which means you will be able to trade from within the wallet without ever going to a centralized exchange. Bugs are only expected for the first 2-3 months because it is impossible to test for all the scenarios in test net. There are many things that pop up during the beta phase and finding as many bugs as possible right now will mean a much more stable platform down the road. Also, whatever the fuck do you mean by customer relations? You are an investor not a customer. This project is still under construction and we are probably a good 2-3 months away before the initial product is usable. Dont like it? Please feel free to dump your bag and move on. My bids are waiting.

Dude seriously who calls anyone dude

Cheers Jon Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!

Set Your Ideas Free

Awesome, two nitpicks. "Powered" is misspelled in the bubble towards the bottom about Jumblr. Oh and built-in is usually hyphenated. Sorry I'm a marketing wonk. Details, details...

Thanks for pointing out, we will fix it
Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Awesome, two nitpicks. "Powered" is misspelled in the bubble towards the bottom about Jumblr. Oh and built-in is usually hyphenated. Sorry I'm a marketing wonk. Details, details...
Set Your Ideas Free

legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
We are developing a new type of cryptocurrency without registration, without wallets and commissions and without mining. .........

...and without my interest  Cheesy
Jump to: