Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 541. (Read 1192000 times)

legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Is it actual possible to sell/buy REV-shares,...perhaps on 'Marketplace' ?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

That's a very well written article, I wish more people would know about it! The article doesn't mention tradebots, does this mean they won't be ready in 2017?

And a question about the KV storage: what are the maximum sizes of the key and the value?

I think that is 8KB, key and value together, but you can join several KV to increase the size.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Watching this project closely and have invested some.

I think building on top of btc like Komodo is doing is the right way to go, but can I make a suggestion to stop adding functionality to the wallet until you have a stable bug-free version. If you keep adding functionality it will introduce new bugs and prevent you from delivering a stable wallet to be used for simply storing your own coins safely.

I really like the developments so far, keep up the great work!

Certainly a good point.

Majority (all the known bugs) of the bugs have been fixed, we just need to get the release out. Some issues, such as a new bug, rises which further delays the release a bit.

The Jumblr was a very easy thing to add, it only took few hours according to Satinder. Adding it is a crucial thing as it allows jl777 to further test DEX and fix any possible backend bugs.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Dude, you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Do you understand the complexity that goes behind Iguana? Its not your typical shitcoin wallet which is made of copy paste code. Iguana is meant to be a multi coin wallet, a first of its type and will be linked to Instant DEX which means you will be able to trade from within the wallet without ever going to a centralized exchange. Bugs are only expected for the first 2-3 months because it is impossible to test for all the scenarios in test net. There are many things that pop up during the beta phase and finding as many bugs as possible right now will mean a much more stable platform down the road. Also, whatever the fuck do you mean by customer relations? You are an investor not a customer. This project is still under construction and we are probably a good 2-3 months away before the initial product is usable. Dont like it? Please feel free to dump your bag and move on. My bids are waiting.

I've been following SN/BTCD since the beginning, so yeah, I understand. I see that you're a newcomer, so I'll let some of what you said slide. All I'm asking right now is for a stable, useable wallet for basic functions. I was hoping that's not too much to ask for after being an initial investor in the SuperNET ICO and BTCD (way before it became KMD). That was about 2.5 years ago.

I know I'm very critical but that's only because I have high expectations for SN/KMD. I've sold very little of my initial investments and don't plan to sell anymore until prices are significantly higher.  I guess you can say I'm one of those few hopeful (or maybe hopeless) holders.

As a long time BTCD investor, i don't understand why you complaining so much and have no patience, because the Devs Team had taken a good care of you by giving you twice more KMD coins compare to BTC investors who got less....so you not that hopeless

I know you want to sell your KMD coins jackpot very soon, and that is your right...but at least have a bit patience, the wallet update will be out soon.

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

I think building on top of btc like Komodo is doing is the right way to go, but can I make a suggestion to stop adding functionality to the wallet until you have a stable bug-free version. If you keep adding functionality it will introduce new bugs and prevent you from delivering a stable wallet to be used for simply storing your own coins safely.

Certainly a good point.

Majority (all the known bugs) of the bugs have been fixed, we just need to get the release out. Some issues, such as a new bug, rises which further delays the release a bit.

The Jumblr was a very easy thing to add, it only took few hours according to Satinder. Adding it is a crucial thing as it allows jl777 to further test DEX and fix any possible backend bugs.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Dude, you keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Do you understand the complexity that goes behind Iguana? Its not your typical shitcoin wallet which is made of copy paste code. Iguana is meant to be a multi coin wallet, a first of its type and will be linked to Instant DEX which means you will be able to trade from within the wallet without ever going to a centralized exchange. Bugs are only expected for the first 2-3 months because it is impossible to test for all the scenarios in test net. There are many things that pop up during the beta phase and finding as many bugs as possible right now will mean a much more stable platform down the road. Also, whatever the fuck do you mean by customer relations? You are an investor not a customer. This project is still under construction and we are probably a good 2-3 months away before the initial product is usable. Dont like it? Please feel free to dump your bag and move on. My bids are waiting.

I've been following SN/BTCD since the beginning, so yeah, I understand. I see that you're a newcomer, so I'll let some of what you said slide. All I'm asking right now is for a stable, useable wallet for basic functions. I was hoping that's not too much to ask for after being an initial investor in the SuperNET ICO and BTCD (way before it became KMD). That was about 2.5 years ago.

I know I'm very critical but that's only because I have high expectations for SN/KMD. I've sold very little of my initial investments and don't plan to sell anymore until prices are significantly higher.  I guess you can say I'm one of those few hopeful (or maybe hopeless) holders.

I apologize for coming at you in a harsh way but you have to be a bit more patient. I may be a newcomer but am a tech guy and understand how incredibly complex the SN infrastructure is. 2.5 years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Big VCs and investors wait for 3-5 years to realize their profits. What SN is trying to do is a carve out its own space in a brand new world of blockchain and crypto currencies and this takes a lot of missteps, corrections and time. I think they have a good team and will pull this off. Your patience will be rewarded very well and its only a matter of time now. You have waited for 2.5 years already. Is another 3-6 months of wait really that tough? By criticizing KMD right now, you are only helping the trolls spread more FUD. Lets be patient and give them the required amount of time.
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
I've sold very little of my initial investments and don't plan to sell anymore until prices are significantly higher.  I guess you can say I'm one of those few hopeful (or maybe hopeless) holders.

That makes two of us. I don't normally hesitate to dump coins that don't go up, but KMD / BTCD is the exception. It has lots of potential and I would feel stupid to dump it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Hire me! Spanish translator and community manager!
at least they have a fully functioning wallet

legendary
Activity: 2966
Merit: 1271

Certainly a good point.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Exodus.io wallet already doing that.

Exodus vs. Iguana?

lol
Activity: 391

Certainly a good point.

Certainly a good point.

I couldn't agree more. I do appreciate the team trying to roll out new features, but simply having a stable, bug free wallet to store, send, and receive coins should have been priority and done in a more timely manner.  Especially now that there is a finally a product and the product has users/customers that depend on it. Going almost a month now with about half the people not being able to use the wallet for basic functions is, frankly, unacceptable. Project management and customer relations could use some improvement.

Exodus.io wallet already doing that.

what does it mean $ stable? I don't want KMD to be stable lol, i want volatility to the upside.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Certainly a good point.

Activity: 391

Certainly a good point.

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

That's a very well written article, I wish more people would know about it! The article doesn't mention tradebots, does this mean they won't be ready in 2017?

And a question about the KV storage: what are the maximum sizes of the key and the value?

No, doesn't mean that.

Think the first tradebot is alreay in bittrexx market making KMD. Iguana will have a GUI for Liquidity Provider (tradebot) config, so anyone can become a LP node.

We really need the LP nodes so our DEX will have liquidity, and actually gain some usage. So the tradebot tech is very much coming, already knocking on our front door. Smiley
Activity: 470

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

Certainly a good point.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Komodo Platform is getting more promotion new wallet release comming stable one, new inprovements every day new users are adopting, German BlockPay POS and rest are talkin about us exciting times are coming for SN and KMD.

Grin
Activity: 616
I got Satoshi's avatar!

Jump to: