Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 682. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
I have decided to vote for

Satinda Grewal in SH
Juan S Galt in NA

jl777 is the best dev in crypto, and SuperNET komodo iguana are by far the best crypto platforms & tech in the cryptosphere today, but the big weakness I see is marketing. To succeed komodo needs a massive influx of users to reach liquidity critical mass to make pax and dex operational, and with jl777 being anonymous, komodo SuperNET is severely lacking in marketing front-men to go to conferences, do interviews, podcasts etc

My belief is ethereum has succeeded to date because of superior front-men like Vitalek, whereas NXT nearly failed because both BCnext and Jean-Luc are anonymous and can't do public facing marketing. NXT only survives today because guys like damelon, evil dave, and riker stepped up to do public performances and marketing.

I will vote for Satinda and Juan because they are both non-anonymous, both doing videos, and have good understanding of the tech. Komodo needs guys like these to do the public facing marketing that jl777 can't.

There are many fine notary candidates, but I have decided to vote based on the biggest komodo weakness .... marketing that achieves mass adoption.

Are any of the other notary candidates public, and doing videos etc, prepared to de-cloak and do confefences, interviews etc ?

I am prepared to do public appearances and have appeared on the first CoinInterview video.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZswQWGLVg&t=124s

Vote polycryptoblog for Komodo Notary Node !

Activity: 405
Merit: 250
I have decided to vote for

Satinda Grewal in SH
Juan S Galt in NA

jl777 is the best dev in crypto, and SuperNET komodo iguana are by far the best crypto platforms & tech in the cryptosphere today, but the big weakness I see is marketing. To succeed komodo needs a massive influx of users to reach liquidity critical mass to make pax and dex operational, and with jl777 being anonymous, komodo SuperNET is severely lacking in marketing front-men to go to conferences, do interviews, podcasts etc

My belief is ethereum has succeeded to date because of superior front-men like Vitalek, whereas NXT nearly failed because both BCnext and Jean-Luc are anonymous and can't do public facing marketing. NXT only survives today because guys like damelon, evil dave, and riker stepped up to do public performances and marketing.

I will vote for Satinda and Juan because they are both non-anonymous, both doing videos, and have good understanding of the tech. Komodo needs guys like these to do the public facing marketing that jl777 can't.

There are many fine notary candidates, but I have decided to vote based on the biggest komodo weakness .... marketing that achieves mass adoption.

Are any of the other notary candidates public, and doing videos etc, prepared to de-cloak and do confefences, interviews etc ?
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
Hello
Hello,

So new to this coin/thread. I was reading up on things and from a conversation I had in slack chat last night it appears right now the best way to acquire this coin is to buy and swap BTCD. I'm aware that buying BTCD now I miss out on this REV asset (not sure what that is exactly) but nevertheless am I correct in thinking buying BTCD is the best way to acquire Komodo?

A follow-up question would be this; since it appears the swap rate is fixed and going to be honored for the next year or so is there really any advantage to swapping my BTCD into Komodo today vs. after the coin is distributed? It seems to me there is no advantage to swapping my coins today vs. say on February 1st when Komodo is "live" so to speak because all it does is tie up my funds for 15 days with no upside. Perhaps I am missing something, to which I would love some insight if there is a good reason to swap today.

Thanks!
until KMD is distributed, the only advantage to doing it now is to lock in current market prices. no guarantee it will still be there in 2 weeks. of course the market could do unexpected things, but please dont complain if the current price levels are gone when you decide to purchase

there used to be 20,000 BTCD for sale at polo, then 15,000. Now it is down to ~6000

And once KMD is out, there is a significant difference to not swapping as you wont earn the 5% APR that KMD has if you hold the BTCD
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I was more so wondering if there was any advantage at this point swapping the BTCD that I purchased today (already in hand) vs. waiting 2 more weeks. My main concern is losing liquidity (if needed) for 2 weeks so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything if I hold off until KMD is out before swapping over. From my understanding the conversion rate of BTCD => KMD remains fixed and so long I already am holding my BTCD I will be fine.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
there used to be 20,000 BTCD for sale at polo, then 15,000. Now it is down to ~6000

Also buy pressure is gone, a week ago one could buy 5-10 BTC worth of BTCD at 0.0040-43. Now 10 BTC would push the price at 0.009.

Well I think nobody would buy 10 BTC in one order unless there's a large sell order to absorb the majority of the buy. For all we know, a large sell order could appear anytime (for any reason). Also, maybe now that the snapchot happened, people might move their BTCD back to Poloniex to trade them (for any reason). The market is as always, quite unpredictable ...

It sure is. I was just talking about the last couple of weeks observations. Anything can happen at anytime. But unless something unpredictable happens BTCD is going higher. Especially if Komodo launch on 31st is successful.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

Also buy pressure is gone, a week ago one could buy 5-10 BTC worth of BTCD at 0.0040-43. Now 10 BTC would push the price at 0.009.

Well I think nobody would buy 10 BTC in one order unless there's a large sell order to absorb the majority of the buy. For all we know, a large sell order could appear anytime (for any reason). Also, maybe now that the snapchot happened, people might move their BTCD back to Poloniex to trade them (for any reason). The market is as always, quite unpredictable ...
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
Hello,

Hi,

So new to this coin/thread. I was reading up on things and from a conversation I had in slack chat last night it appears right now the best way to acquire this coin is to buy and swap BTCD. I'm aware that buying BTCD now I miss out on this REV asset (not sure what that is exactly) but nevertheless am I correct in thinking buying BTCD is the best way to acquire Komodo?

If you intend to buy relatively small amounts and think the price of KMD will stay up the ICO price or won't go down that much, then yes, it's definitely the best way.

A follow-up question would be this; since it appears the swap rate is fixed and going to be honored for the next year or so is there really any advantage to swapping my BTCD into Komodo today vs. after the coin is distributed? It seems to me there is no advantage to swapping my coins today vs. say on February 1st when Komodo is "live" so to speak because all it does is tie up my funds for 15 days with no upside. Perhaps I am missing something, to which I would love some insight if there is a good reason to swap today.

One advantage is to be able to vote for the notary nodes. Otherwise, the rate will decrease after the launch to reach a decrease of 5% over a year, so swapping now or in two weeks is the same in terms of KMD you'll get. Of course I'm talking about swapping, not buying BTCD 2 weeks from now Wink.

Thanks!

You are welcome.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

good point. for a long time there was 50 btc available below .006, but i guess that inventory is gone.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

Also buy sell pressure is gone, a week ago one could buy 5-10 BTC worth of BTCD at 0.0040-43. Now 10 BTC would push the price at 0.009.
legendary
Hello,

Thanks!
until KMD is distributed, the only advantage to doing it now is to lock in current market prices. no guarantee it will still be there in 2 weeks. of course the market could do unexpected things, but please dont complain if the current price levels are gone when you decide to purchase

And once KMD is out, there is a significant difference to not swapping as you wont earn the 5% APR that KMD has if you hold the BTCD
Activity: 538
Merit: 500
Hello
Hello,

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

Many thanks for your support so far – much appreciate.

Who´s still undecided for which node operator he/she should vote can find our (kolo & rnr) personal application (as from 15. January 2017):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annkmddpow-komodo-an-open-composable-smart-chain-platform-secured-by-b-1605144

Smiley
You work very well I like to see your post and your tweet!!  Smiley Kiss Kiss

Great Job Bro!!  Cool
legendary
The snapshot list is ONLY for local wallets.
That means that swapped BTCD in the ICO site is not in the current snapshot list.
That is because the swapped BTCD in the ICO site is not your local wallet.

I repeat, the REVS for BTCD that is swapped to the ICO site will need to wait until later. The reason is that I have no address to send it to. Right now you can change your KMD (REVS will have the same) address at anytime. So if the REVS is sent to the current KMD address you have in your account and you change the KMD address, then it could easily be lost.

That is why until you are able to lock your KMD (and REVS) address, the REVS will not be sent to people who have swapped to the ICO site.

You do not need to do anything now.
You will get your REVS.

Please do not keep asking the same questions over and over
Activity: 632
I think we need like an FAQ about the swap and post it on signature
rnr
Activity: 247

Many thanks for your support so far – much appreciate.

Who´s still undecided for which node operator he/she should vote can find our (kolo & rnr) personal application (as from 15. January 2017):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annkmddpow-komodo-an-open-composable-smart-chain-platform-secured-by-b-1605144

Smiley
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Apologizes for spamming the list but not sure how to otherwise  'let you know'. Swapped my bctd to the ico site and not seeing my KMD address in the full list: RTonCtbNYGdpAn7wdPoyDLpZG62ssLBJxB. I'm in the dark about what/why the locking is all about but assuming that the snapshot is different from the   distribution and my account should be listed.

After reading your post I was confused for a minute seeing that mine was missing as well, then I realized it's only the list of those who kept BTCD in their wallet. We sent ours to the Ico site so they're not included in the above list  Grin

It was exactly the same to me.  Shocked Cheesy
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Apologizes for spamming the list but not sure how to otherwise  'let you know'. Swapped my bctd to the ico site and not seeing my KMD address in the full list: RTonCtbNYGdpAn7wdPoyDLpZG62ssLBJxB. I'm in the dark about what/why the locking is all about but assuming that the snapshot is different from the   distribution and my account should be listed.

After reading your post I was confused for a minute seeing that mine was missing as well, then I realized it's only the list of those who kept BTCD in their wallet. We sent ours to the Ico site so they're not included in the above list  Grin
I thought the other links in the post were supposed to be the full list.
Activity: 515
Merit: 502

rnr
The following is the REVS snapshot for local wallets with more than 500 BTCD:

https://github.com/jl777/komodo/blob/dev/src/REVS.snapshot

https://komodonotary.com/proposed-revs-snapshot.txt

https://komodonotary.com/proposed-revs-snapshot.json has all the entries

If you dont see your address above, or if the amount is not correct, please let me know. The above data will be used to issue the REVS.

For people who swapped BTCD on the ICO site, we will need to wait until you lock your KMD address before REVS can be sent. The REVS address will be the same as the KMD address. Same address, but different blockchains.

a) That´s only the richest list from the BTCD addresses (kept in wallets)

b) This list NOT contain the Komodo ICO site accounts with the swapped BTCD
rnr
I have swapped my BTCD, verified my seed, and voted.

Is there anything else I need to do? When will the REVS asset be distributed, and what can I do with it ?

Sorry if this was answered before!

Team Komodo Ninja

provide you

FAQ
regarding Revenue Asset shares (REVS)!

Last Update: 09. January 2017

Additional Information  (SuperNET Slack, 16. January 2017):

Please retweet/follow at

Jump to: