Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 681. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTCD just hit a 27 month high, in USD terms.  It was last at this price way back in October 2014.

And the price is still a bargain, considering how much KMD you get in the swap, etc.
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
The election has started and it's time to let you know why you should vote for me in the EU region:

• I'm reliable - My testnet node has been up and running for more than 3 months already and history shows that I usually update my node immediately when there's an update available and never missed a ratification.
  • I'm cheap - My low subsidy will allow for maximum number of nodes (16) in the EU region! Voting for me means larger number of nodes can get elected, which is great for the overall health of the network!
  • I've been doing this before - I have many years of previous linux hosting experience for other cryptos and related projects.
  • I don't over do it - I only run one node in one region, which is good for decentralization (if you care about such things).
  • I'm committed - SuperNet share hodler and hangaround for two years.
  • I'm tough - I live in northern part of Sweden, fighting polarbears is a part of my daily routine, should be worth something...

I go by the handle NxtSwe

Links:
My public profile: https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/nxtswe/
How to vote guide: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17500072

Feel free to ask me questions, publicly or through PM if you want to know more!

Thank you for your time!
Activity: 113
Merit: 20
I have decided to vote for

Satinda Grewal in SH
Juan S Galt in NA

jl777 is the best dev in crypto, and SuperNET komodo iguana are by far the best crypto platforms & tech in the cryptosphere today, but the big weakness I see is marketing. To succeed komodo needs a massive influx of users to reach liquidity critical mass to make pax and dex operational, and with jl777 being anonymous, komodo SuperNET is severely lacking in marketing front-men to go to conferences, do interviews, podcasts etc

My belief is ethereum has succeeded to date because of superior front-men like Vitalek, whereas NXT nearly failed because both BCnext and Jean-Luc are anonymous and can't do public facing marketing. NXT only survives today because guys like damelon, evil dave, and riker stepped up to do public performances and marketing.

I will vote for Satinda and Juan because they are both non-anonymous, both doing videos, and have good understanding of the tech. Komodo needs guys like these to do the public facing marketing that jl777 can't.

There are many fine notary candidates, but I have decided to vote based on the biggest komodo weakness .... marketing that achieves mass adoption.

Are any of the other notary candidates public, and doing videos etc, prepared to de-cloak and do confefences, interviews etc ?

Hello CryptoSporidium

I am one of the non-anonymous Notary Node operators.  If elected I certainly will be quite active promoting Komodo in my local bitcoin users meetup (Silicon-Valley-Bitcoin-Users).  We have over 2000 members, and I am pretty sure they would be quite interested in how we take advantage of the security of the blockchain.  Who knows, maybe I will meet some of you at one of the meetings? 

Thanks for voting and I hope others would check me out for NA region notary     https://www.komodoelection.com/candidates/karasugoi/       
rnr
Activity: 247
The following is the REVS snapshot for local wallets with more than 500 BTCD:
https://github.com/jl777/komodo/blob/dev/src/REVS.snapshot

https://komodonotary.com/proposed-revs-snapshot.txt

https://komodonotary.com/proposed-revs-snapshot.json has all the entries

If you dont see your address above, or if the amount is not correct, please let me know. The above data will be used to issue the REVS.

For people who swapped BTCD on the ICO site, we will need to wait until you lock your KMD address before REVS can be sent. The REVS address will be the same as the KMD address. Same address, but different blockchains.

My local address is not included.

PM sent

That is only the richest list!

"... with more than 500 BTCD..."
BTCD/KMD Price update

Remember that .006512 is equivalent to the ICO price, so still plenty more room to run up to near that level before KMD official distribution on Jan 31.  

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex):  .00444 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:
227.27 : 1 (amount of BTCD that you get for 1 BTC)

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.35825: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current rate: 11445.058 (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +3698.536 KMD or +47.47% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get much more KMD that you would have gotten at the end of the ICO.

The price could rise sharply from here to .006512 BTCD/BTC and you would still get the same amount of KMD. per BTC spent, as during the final phase of the ICO.

To swap BTCD for KMD:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Activity: 538
Hello
Thanks PondSea & tclo for the replies. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question(s). I'm a huge fan of anything jl777 is involved in and I'm sure this will be fun to follow Smiley Looking forward to the upcoming months.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I was more so wondering if there was any advantage at this point swapping the BTCD that I purchased today (already in hand) vs. waiting 2 more weeks. My main concern is losing liquidity (if needed) for 2 weeks so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything if I hold off until KMD is out before swapping over. From my understanding the conversion rate of BTCD => KMD remains fixed and so long I already am holding my BTCD I will be fine.

There is probably an advantage to buying more BTCD now, rather than waiting until KMD is trading on exchanges, but not really a big advantage to swapping your BTCD at the moment.  However the BTCD > KMD conversion rate is not fixed and it is dropping every day.  However, you also get proof of stake reward for holding BTCD, so those probably cancel each other out.

So yes just hold it until KMD is more liquid...sounds smart.

(And I see that 45.1% of all BTC has already been swapped for KMD.  That is great for just a week after the swap has begun.
Activity: 585
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Please dont forget to vote for @noashh and @vanbreuk. They have been with James and Supernet from the beginning. Would be good to show them some appreciation  Smiley
legendary
There will be marketing effort. Just wait until Komodo Wallet and Iguana is released. First there needs to be a product (GUI) for marketing. With the releases comes trust.

That sounds encouraging,  look forward to seeing details when they're available.

Is Marc De Mesel a komodo investor? He does good videos ...

I have spoken to him about it, dont know if he invested.

If he had listened to me he would already been in profit  Grin
legendary
Hello,

So new to this coin/thread. I was reading up on things and from a conversation I had in slack chat last night it appears right now the best way to acquire this coin is to buy and swap BTCD. I'm aware that buying BTCD now I miss out on this REV asset (not sure what that is exactly) but nevertheless am I correct in thinking buying BTCD is the best way to acquire Komodo?

A follow-up question would be this; since it appears the swap rate is fixed and going to be honored for the next year or so is there really any advantage to swapping my BTCD into Komodo today vs. after the coin is distributed? It seems to me there is no advantage to swapping my coins today vs. say on February 1st when Komodo is "live" so to speak because all it does is tie up my funds for 15 days with no upside. Perhaps I am missing something, to which I would love some insight if there is a good reason to swap today.

Thanks!
until KMD is distributed, the only advantage to doing it now is to lock in current market prices. no guarantee it will still be there in 2 weeks. of course the market could do unexpected things, but please dont complain if the current price levels are gone when you decide to purchase

there used to be 20,000 BTCD for sale at polo, then 15,000. Now it is down to ~6000

And once KMD is out, there is a significant difference to not swapping as you wont earn the 5% APR that KMD has if you hold the BTCD
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I was more so wondering if there was any advantage at this point swapping the BTCD that I purchased today (already in hand) vs. waiting 2 more weeks. My main concern is losing liquidity (if needed) for 2 weeks so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything if I hold off until KMD is out before swapping over. From my understanding the conversion rate of BTCD => KMD remains fixed and so long I already am holding my BTCD I will be fine.

The only other benefit is you would earn a small amount of interest (swap rate) and be able to vote. Otherwise just wait 2 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Activity: 840
Hey all, just swapped my BTCD and voted for kolo & rnr, it was very easy and intuitive. Now saving my private key to get my REV asset when wallet is released. Thanks all Smiley
Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Activity: 405
There will be marketing effort. Just wait until Komodo Wallet and Iguana is released. First there needs to be a product (GUI) for marketing. With the releases comes trust.

That sounds encouraging,  look forward to seeing details when they're available.

Is Marc De Mesel a komodo investor? He does good videos ...
rnr
Activity: 247
Activity: 391
I will vote for Satinda and Juan because they are both non-anonymous, both doing videos, and have good understanding of the tech. Komodo needs guys like these to do the public facing marketing that jl777 can't.

You've got a good point. Up till now, Supernet marketing has been a big weakness. Relatively speaking, not many actually know about it and what it is acheiving. Really hoping this will change soon.  For such a big project with decent funding, the marketing department could definitely step up its game a bit. 
Activity: 405
I have decided to vote for

Satinda Grewal in SH
Juan S Galt in NA

jl777 is the best dev in crypto, and SuperNET komodo iguana are by far the best crypto platforms & tech in the cryptosphere today, but the big weakness I see is marketing. To succeed komodo needs a massive influx of users to reach liquidity critical mass to make pax and dex operational, and with jl777 being anonymous, komodo SuperNET is severely lacking in marketing front-men to go to conferences, do interviews, podcasts etc

My belief is ethereum has succeeded to date because of superior front-men like Vitalek, whereas NXT nearly failed because both BCnext and Jean-Luc are anonymous and can't do public facing marketing. NXT only survives today because guys like damelon, evil dave, and riker stepped up to do public performances and marketing.

There are many fine notary candidates, but I have decided to vote based on the biggest komodo weakness .... marketing that achieves mass adoption.

Are any of the other notary candidates public, and doing videos etc, prepared to de-cloak and do confefences, interviews etc ?

I am prepared to do public appearances and have appeared on the first CoinInterview video.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxZswQWGLVg&t=124s

Vote polycryptoblog for Komodo Notary Node !

Cool, IMO that will increase your chances of getting elected!

My only worry with komodo is user numbers don't grow rapidly enough, so liquidity doesn't reach a level that attracts pro traders outside the cryptosphere before the tech is copied by someone like blythe masters. Marketing is one area jl777's skill and super human work effort can't do much about unfortunately. Without public evangelists driving adoption komodo might be too obscure to ever gain widespread appeal, or even work as intended without sufficient liquidity. I urge all voters to consider what is the weakest aspect of komodo, and vote to strengthen that area.
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Jump to: