Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 64. (Read 352594 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Freshly setup up-to-date P2Pool node:
http://p2p.mine.bz:9166
Feel free to join.
mcg
Activity: 196
Just had a reply from cryptsy

Thank you for informing me of this...
We have received his note and passed it on to the development team

So hopefully a resolution in sight.

i had the same

Hello temp,
I have passed the info on to our development team.
Thank you!

Sincerely,
Jim
Cryptsy.com

* * Check out whats new at Cryptsy by visiting our new blog at http://blog.cryptsy.com/ !!

Jim's Trade Key
f4e5d6957382c946e7ff670f588bcb68acbc508c
On Mon, Feb 10 at 7:33 AM , > wrote:
Hi,

I tried to contact you in various ways.....

pr9me, ticket ( new coin suggestion )... and through a deposit issue.

Can you confirm you updated the wallet.

The fork has now happened.

Can you confirm you updated the leafcoin wallet - version grav 3

Protocol version 80007

Cheers
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Just had a reply from cryptsy

Thank you for informing me of this...
We have received his note and passed it on to the development team

So hopefully a resolution in sight.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
Why LEAF confirmations are sooooooooo slow? (wallet transactions)
what wallet version do u have???

v0.8.6.2-g9999999-beta-gravity-3
and u've sent on cryptsy too?
mcg
What about Cryptsy? Are they answered on your PMs mcg?

i messaged them in everyway possible.

on friday i messaged bitjohn that we would update and asked them if it was fine with them to update in the weekend.

i received from john the message that it was not an issue and just needed to notify them about the new wallet ( when github is available )

so i did message them in four ways sat 01Am +/-: email, twitter, ticket, pr9me on irc and skype.

until now nothing heard... no confirmation or whatsoever ( but cannot access my email currently ).

i dont know why cryptsy takes so long. there might be more involved in the process then we think.

coinmarket.io -> updated in 30 minutes ( irc pm )
swisscex -> updated in 12 hours ( contact form at website )
coinedup -> updated in 5 hours ( via twitter )

No and as per typical cryptsy style there also ignoring all the user messages too.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Activity: 1274
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

v0.8.6.2-g9999999-beta-gravity-3
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 250
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Activity: 224

I'm not going to get in a fight with all of you. The point is, the guy told me it would be 7-10 days. Then he completely reneged on that.

Yes, because this coin would have been dead in 7-10 days. Blocks were taking nearly 20 minutes because of the multipools. Nobody was going to mine that for very long. Hashrate was already very low.

This isn't Bitcoin mining - it's cutting edge and often experimental. Plans can and will change. If you're not happy with that then maybe mine something more established.

This a thousand time. I fully understand the problems that have come up, but gambling with the survival of LEAF is just not something we are going to do. mcg did good work as usual.
Activity: 15
Leafcoin calc: http://cryptoage.com
I can confirm the dev did not really want to do gravity 2 or 3 updates and spent hours working out what block to change to each time, but the community wanted it immediatly even after warning of forks and to be honest the miners leaving at high diff gave no other choice, each low diff dip the retarget got longer (nearly 2 days last time) and the hashrate went down further each time, we wouldn't have survived many more dips before the coin failed.  So there was no other choice.
Activity: 28
realize that how greatly dev supporting this coin to be rescued against the mutlipool attack that top of the food chain of crypto world which
some other coins are still exposed vulnerability. And there are still many guys not just hoping actually supporting for this coined to be valued up.
It just obvious you can always get payback as much as you spent your effort even more too!  

legendary
FOCUS

IN LESS THAN 10 DAYS WE ARE AIMING NEXT HALVINGS

btw. 2 0 0 0 0 blocks DONE
Activity: 31

I'm not going to get in a fight with all of you. The point is, the guy told me it would be 7-10 days. Then he completely reneged on that.

Yes, because this coin would have been dead in 7-10 days. Blocks were taking nearly 20 minutes because of the multipools. Nobody was going to mine that for very long. Hashrate was already very low.

This isn't Bitcoin mining - it's cutting edge and often experimental. Plans can and will change. If you're not happy with that then maybe mine something more established.
mcg
Time to move on.

Update was very successful, we got much consistent net hash, no more bad multipools rape and almost everyone updated in time or shortly after.

Devs can get back to foundation work, we can get back to mine/trade/support and grow the coin.

we'll do...
Activity: 294
Time to move on.

Update was very successful, we got much consistent net hash, no more bad multipools rape and almost everyone updated in time or shortly after.

Devs can get back to foundation work, we can get back to mine/trade/support and grow the coin.
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Circumstances change.  If the multipools hadn't carried on with their incessant raping of the coin, then it would have been a week.

The dev seems to have been effectively blackmailed by middlecoin for them to not kill the coin in these difficulty cycles.

The community here was involved in the decision making process which saw the implementation quicker.  It was all in the open and messages were sent to everyone.

The dev knew that updating so soon after the other was risky, this was one of the points discussed.  But all actions were taken to try and prevent a fork.

If you as a pool owner did not check your PM's for a 48 hour period, then that is not the fault of a dev.   There could be a change being made right now to any one of the other coins you have pools for that requires action within 48 hours, I dont know.  As a pool owner its your responsibility to keep up to date.  Stop trying to aportion blame elsewhere.

If a pool owner cares about their reputation, then they should be checking their PM's and coin threads daily, not just sitting there gathering the fees and trying to blame others when their pool is on the wrong fork.  If you want to run a pool that's taken seriously, then take your responsibility of monitoring messages and coin threads seriously.
mcg
If you guys think that it's prudent to move the fork twice, then you're badly mistaken. It's human nature for someone who has just updated something to give that something less attention for a period of time. If you get your car's brakes fixed, you don't check them again for a while. I updated, and I was told it would be AT LEAST a week until I had to worry about it again.

Pardon me for taking the dev at his word and not checking this thread or paying attention to my PMs over the weekend.

well maybe we are both a bit to blame... me for updating so quickly again ( but community decision and it was required to prevent destruction )... you for not checking your pm in the weekend ( as a pool operator i would expect you to be up to date all the time, like all the other pool owners in here who did it right ).... i dont know in what timezone you are...

anyways, i was even very generous and offered you 200k for your loss... then you say you dont want the coins and care more about your reputation.

currently you are doing more harm to your reputation.... you. need. to. be. up. to. date. allthetime.
Pages:
Jump to: