Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 65. (Read 352594 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0
If you guys think that it's prudent to move the fork twice, then you're badly mistaken. It's human nature for someone who has just updated something to give that something less attention for a period of time. If you get your car's brakes fixed, you don't check them again for a while. I updated, and I was told it would be AT LEAST a week until I had to worry about it again.

Pardon me for taking the dev at his word and not checking this thread or paying attention to my PMs over the weekend.

true enough but if you fixed your brakes.. and have the same problem... wouldnt you check it again?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
If you guys think that it's prudent to move the fork twice, then you're badly mistaken. It's human nature for someone who has just updated something to give that something less attention for a period of time. If you get your car's brakes fixed, you don't check them again for a while. I updated, and I was told it would be AT LEAST a week until I had to worry about it again.

Pardon me for taking the dev at his word and not checking this thread or paying attention to my PMs over the weekend.
keep it down then.

ok, fine

nice attitude considering this is your fault
This is your fault. Dev working hard ro make this coin better, you are pool owner - then make YOUR job and READ thread of coins that you host. READ messages, that dev sent you. STOP complaining, you are making money and this is YOUR JOB.

I'm not going to get in a fight with all of you. The point is, the guy told me it would be 7-10 days. Then he completely reneged on that.

I keep up with my pools. I can't possibly read every message in all threads of all coins that I host.

Listen to be honest there's no real fault in this issue... it was rushed..

But you dint have to read the thread or op just your PM.

i for one am truly appreciative that we have a dev that could implement it so quickly and relatively seemlessly.. heck we even had a crazy cool giveaway system for the update of the new wallet.. 3M shared between all who logged in at that time and confirmed that their wallet was on the right chain..

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
After KGW we do the blocks with the speed of light   Grin
Activity: 81
please add http://p2p.bingepool.net to op?..   Lips sealed

Updating the leaf coin wallet now..

Up and working great..  Grin                   ....      http://p2p.bingepool.net
mcg
keep it down then.

ok, fine

This is your fault. Dev working hard ro make this coin better, you are pool owner - then make YOUR job and READ thread of coins that you host. READ messages, that dev sent you. STOP complaining, you are making money and this is YOUR JOB.

I'm not going to get in a fight with all of you. The point is, the guy told me it would be 7-10 days. Then he completely reneged on that.

I keep up with my pools. I can't possibly read every message in all threads of all coins that I host.

and your private messages, the one with subject "gravity update 3 fix"?
Activity: 294
To the several moaning about the update:

You've dropped the ball  face it.
Devs notified everyone and this was only think discussed for the several pages.

Now you come and complain,  where were you when the hash dropped due to multipools rapes to under 0.5Gh from 10Gh?
I was pretty much 15-20% of the hash sticking with through the worst it as I believe in its worth - while most just jumps between the most profitable (at that moment) any other coin.

Bottom line is, the update was necessary and you should be thankful to the devs for hard and swift work, and those who stayed and mined through worst, so now you can mine when it's at the top of coinwarz and make money.

(Rant over, someone had to say this)
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
This is not the fault of the coin dev.

If the owner of a pool can't be bothered to check the official thread for each of the coins they have a pool for once every 48 hours, then they aren't being very responsible imho.

If all the exchanges and other pools manage to update without trying to blame the coin dev then it's pretty easy to see where the fault lies.
Activity: 182
keep it down then.

ok, fine

You don't need to read all messages, just read OP. It was updated in time.
keep it down then.

ok, fine

no kidding at one point i noted a time of 1 hour in between blocks...

Activity: 182
keep it down then.

ok, fine

This is your fault. Dev working hard ro make this coin better, you are pool owner - then make YOUR job and READ thread of coins that you host. READ messages, that dev sent you. STOP complaining, you are making money and this is YOUR JOB. I see many
responsible pool owner in this thread, they made JOB and updated in TIME, so stop shifting responsibility to dev, cause this is YOUR FAULT.
keep it down then.

listen... the coin was dead... again... you wouldnt have made anything.

if middlecoin would have pushed hashrate to 22-25ghash and beyond.

diff would become 200-300. and all your miners would have left.

so your pool would have become an empty pool as well.

we had this set at block 21203. i wonder if you even would have updated by then.

we announced this all through twitter, facebook, irc channels, emails, did huge giveaways, wrote updatecheck bots

what pool are we talking about here.

these users were messaged btw

*"Del137", "coinmarket.io", "GREEDYJOHN", "Imperative", "Thecivico88"
*"ethought", "virtualdn", "f1ndm3h", "redmist", "destructor3"
*"f1ndm3h", "MoNxO", "def_ender", "userpacman", "SwagMiner"
*"DESUChANE6", "whoiis", "Fckbankscoin", "InCoinsWeTrust", "coincrow"
*"aaron_m", "hash.so", "chinbadboy", "rustylezaz", "sakkosekk"
*"ahnonamis", "roastbeef", "Jiyome", "bittick", "adam9317"
*"taken2", "btcltcdigger", "Ya", "ress", "Altcoinfaucet"
*"Danz0r77", "KeyserSozeMC", "LitcoinCollector", "Hepic", "patyjm"
*"xhash", "hashfun", "paulus51", "dasource", "GregH37"
*"djslick", "mysticcrypto", "cyrilbf", "Pattes", "cdoyle14"
*"yogg", "blaster51", "stas", "NJRiot", "rednalexa"

roast you cant say that he dint try to notify you...

The coin was getting massively screwed...with difficulty purgatory... network hashrate dropped to 200mh and that was basically the community trying to get over the hump...

Also.. a large part of the reason why you dint get the extra time was because... the majority dint switch on to LEAF when difficulty retargeted after the last 150 level... the pool hash rate went down and we only mined with a 2gh hash rate..

a large part of the calculation was based on the idea that when multipools switched to us immediately at difficulty drop which they did the previous times.. the last 90 blocks were expected to take at least 15-20 minutes to find but instead of buying you the minimum of 23 hours..

what happened is i believe a majority were stuck on doge mining as price went from 130 to 200 and so by the time difficulty retargeted the second time.. it only need 1 minute to find a block....

Niceman:
thats the idea behind a KGW... we likely wont see a "sustained" 150 difficulty level unless its at a profitable price.. otherwise at most you can expect that difficulty to last only 3-5 blocks.. before it corrects itself.. but we arent stuck when the multipools leave... anymore.. By the way.. ur pool is coinmine.pw right?
mcg

you are in this list:

you should have received an update message for gravity 3

Yeah! I read it a few minutes ago when my blockchain was forked! Jesus Christ, you didn't think moving the fork up 5 days after telling people it would be 7-10 days would be a problem?

7-10 days would have become 20-30 days ( block 21203 ). because everyone left.

it is very hard to exactly pinpoint when the fork would happen... we did expect multipool to hit us with 22ghash... and after the hit... they stayed longer and we remained with quite some ghash
up until 18818, making those blocks much faster ( 1-3 minute instead of 15 ). We expected the block to arrive on tuesday/wednesday. That would be 4-5 days.

we cannot do more then notify everyone with a update message ( sat February 08, 2014, 01:20:18 PM GMT you got it, monday 12pm +/- the fork happened  ).

you are in this list:

Yeah! I read it a few minutes ago when my blockchain was forked! Jesus Christ, you didn't think moving the fork up 5 days after telling people it would be 7-10 days would be a problem?
keep it down then.

ok, fine

mcg

you are in this list:

this was the message

Hi,

We have updated once more for the kgw fix.

Gravity 3. Protocol has changed to 80007

Can you update once more?

ETA = 1 to 2 days max.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We have worked hard to get this right.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annleaf-leafcoin-android-wallet-launched-430091

Macosx, windows and source released

There will be a reward as well for upgrading.. follow our twitter http://twitter.com/leafcoin

The giveaway will be in a irc channel @ 20:00 GMT+1. Be on time. Users not in @ 20:00 will be locked out.

Thanks

ps. please excuse us for any duplicate messages you might receive
looking at coinmine.pw.. i am pretty sure they are on the right chain as the show a variable difficulty for each block found there...

keep it down then.

listen... the coin was dead... again... you wouldnt have made anything.

if middlecoin would have pushed hashrate to 22-25ghash and beyond.

diff would become 200-300. and all your miners would have left.

so your pool would have become an empty pool as well.

we had this set at block 21203. i wonder if you even would have updated by then.

we announced this all through twitter, facebook, irc channels, emails, did huge giveaways, wrote updatecheck bots

what pool are we talking about here.

DUDE I updated on Feb 7th. You told me it would be 7 to 10 days before the fork hit. I didn't even think to check back because I had at least a week. This is your fucking fault. At least own it.

Has the LEAF blockchain forked? I have a miner in my pool whose wallet is not showing his deposit. His wallet is synced up, and the blockexplorer @ cryptexplorer.com shows the correct deposit. I can't think of anything else besides a forked blockchain.
Yes, because of update, since block 18818. This is correct chain: http://explorer.leafco.in/chain/LeafCoin
http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/LeafCoin was not yet updated and is on wrong fork.

Hmm, looks like my pool is on the wrong fork. We just updated on Feb 7th! What the fuck!

In order to correct this issue, do I need to redownload the blockchain once I have updated?

Yes, you will need to redownload and sync...
Pages:
Jump to: