Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 76. (Read 352594 times)

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
Dear traders!

Please note that Leafcoins can be traded at www.swisscex.com

We offer the folloiwing markets for it:

https://www.swisscex.com/market/LEAF_BTC
https://www.swisscex.com/market/LEAF_LTC
https://www.swisscex.com/market/LEAF_DOGE

Best regards

SwissCEX
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Ahhh,   KGW, spoiling the fun of multipools since 2013....

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
Sudden net hash increase, 2 blocks to go, train is leaving  Grin

nope...1 block

hyper speed ready

ignition for 3, 2, 1.....Wink
Activity: 294
Sudden net hash increase, 2 blocks to go, train is leaving  Grin
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
after kgw, will the retargets still occur in 240 blocks?

i do not believe so, they should be effectively happening every single block. although the exact implementation of this might not actually be every block, it might be every 2-3 blocks i think i read somewhere. *edit, MCG says within 9 blocks, that sounds about right to me.

i found the following in a cursory google search, not sure how helpful it is Smiley

Apparently, KGW = 1 + (0.7084 * (PastBlocksMass/144)^(-1.228)) (-> Introductory post by Kimoto) describes how to calculate the Kimoto Gravity Well. On another source it was stated that "KGW is applied if the hash rate is high, and 1/KGW when the hash rate is low" (-> Post on Catcoins adoption of KGW).
Activity: 294
For those who missed post #5026 on page 252 - don't fall for these fakes buy/ sell walls, I can see people are playing the game on cryptsy again.
mcg
Activity: 196

no.. every block in a graduate manner... if someone throws 20 ghash at us/leaves suddenly ( which middlecoin might do after 18818 )... the diff will adjust every block with a factor between 0,87 ( leave ) - 1,13 ( join )... so within 9 blocks it should be at correct diff.... so diff jumps from 8->100 and 240 blocks high-diff are something of the past.

mcg
thanks for explaining djslick... i have to run.. send you some.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
legendary
ok! glad to be useful, here we go!

1) Leaf has been under attack from multipools during the last week, they come when the diff is low, and add 10GH to the net hashrate, which skyrockets the diff. they mine the 240 blocks (leaf retargets every 240 blocks) and then they leave, leaving the "normal" miners like all of us to slowly chew threw a really artificially high difficulty, but with our "normal" hashing speeds. So instead of 60 second blocks, right now we're having 20 minute blocks.

2) the designers of Leaf have implemented a fix for this called the "Kimodo Gravity Well" which they did by a community vote. This system is being implemented into the sourcecode of the coin to essentially do a difficulty retarget every single block, instead of waiting 240. exactly how this works, i really don't know, there's better resources for it out there, or perhaps another member could enlighten us. The important thing is, that we will no longer be susseptible to these multipool attacks, because the difficulty will always be representative of how many people are mining. this will instill buyer confidence, and the coin's price will resume it's climb towards the moon shortly thereafter.

3) the designers of Leaf wanted to make sure to give everyone enough time to update their wallets with the "gravity fix 3" (which you can get on the #1 post in this thread), so they originally wanted to wait until block 29000 or so to implement it, then they shortened it to 21000, and then a 3rd time they shortened it still to block 18818. so the gravity well is going to become active in around 300 blocks from RIGHT NOW. this means that after the retarget in 9 blocks (to a super low difficulty) we can assume that the multipool will jump back on, and it will chew through 240 blocks of this low diff VERY QUICKLY. and after that, they'll probably leave, and then we, the community have 98 blocks to go until the Kimodo Gravity Well is implemented, and all is good and right in the world!

hope that helps  Smiley   leaf: fZ3AsdZAF8BUSGvFDCk2czLmK22TtjMT2m
mcg
i will be @ work ppl... am monitoring from there. soon kgw will kick in and then we can focus on the cause of the coin ....

i made quite a nice number of coins the last few days with only 3mh/s

expected is that the price will go up soon now.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
so 98 blocks after the quick 240. THAT'S SOONER THAN YOU THINK!

and only 13 blocks until diff re-adjust... right now

if we all just re-train our miners on this coin we can melt through those 13 blocks in no time, and if we stay on the 98 blocks after the 240 (don't blink) should be done in NO TIME.

I'd like to mine on majorminers.co.uk as i've had good results with them, but their website isn't loading. it seems like the most active pool right now is https://leaf.updamoon.com

someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but if you want a chance to crack one of those 240 with a pool, and then STAY ON for the next couple hours till we clear the next 98, then now is the time to do it.

and then we'll ALL BE IN A GREAT POSITION TO HAMMER OUT THE NEXT 98!

I'm moving all my rigs on updamoon right now, i hope that more people get the message and hop on themselves. it's SO CLOSE GUYS! let's just grin and bear it and get it done ourselves!

better get in now before the difficulty reaches 500... we all know where this coin is headed.

Hi there, can you please educate me. I know a lot has happened in the last week or so. There is so much to read on this thread so forgive me for not knowing the latest. But what's the 98 blocks and the 240 blocks is all about?

And yeah why is difficulty so low now and is expected to spike?

Thanks for the education.
Activity: 40
Hi
     Wanted to inform that mac wallet update issue(gravity 3 update) I had has been solved . It is likely that other mac users who dont have certain programs on their macs, that is if you don't create clients or program stuff yourself, will have a problem when downloading the wallet. I worked in Homebrew to install the necessary things. If Leafcoin admin is reading this do u want me to let you know what I needed to install so that they can be put into the wallet bundle and not create future probs for any new mac users? Wbstudio was not around when we solved the prob so he might wanna know too. I was ready to give up on the wallet and jus get all the coins into cryptsy but I want to see the wallet and the coin succeed so........
   Couldn't have done it without help from leafcoin community........lets get through these blocks!!

J

legendary
so 98 blocks after the quick 240. THAT'S SOONER THAN YOU THINK!

and only 13 blocks until diff re-adjust... right now

if we all just re-train our miners on this coin we can melt through those 13 blocks in no time, and if we stay on the 98 blocks after the 240 (don't blink) should be done in NO TIME.

I'd like to mine on majorminers.co.uk as i've had good results with them, but their website isn't loading. it seems like the most active pool right now is https://leaf.updamoon.com

someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but if you want a chance to crack one of those 240 with a pool, and then STAY ON for the next couple hours till we clear the next 98, then now is the time to do it.

and then we'll ALL BE IN A GREAT POSITION TO HAMMER OUT THE NEXT 98!

I'm moving all my rigs on updamoon right now, i hope that more people get the message and hop on themselves. it's SO CLOSE GUYS! let's just grin and bear it and get it done ourselves!

better get in now before the difficulty reaches 500... we all know where this coin is headed.
Activity: 140
As predicted, it is 0.00000013 BTC now. What happen?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
so can we say thaat today is a day? Smiley
if we go after retargeting on the wave today will be the day Smiley

EST. NEXT RETARGET    4 HOURS 11 MINUTES 4 SECONDS
(approx Mon Feb 14 9:41:22 GMT)

will be sooner than that... folks usually can't help themselves and get in before the actual retarget block.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
so can we say thaat today is a day? Smiley
if we go after retargeting on the wave today will be the day Smiley

EST. NEXT RETARGET    4 HOURS 11 MINUTES 4 SECONDS
(approx Mon Feb 14 9:41:22 GMT)
Activity: 10
everyone from the giveaway should now have at least 1 confirm on their amount.

sorry for the delay.

I didn't receive anything yet mcg......sent you an email earlier, thx

you were the one having an invalid address.... you did a !checkupdate ancientnoob

i wrote a message about it in the channel... but right after you left ( like 1 second after you left.. )

give address and i will fix it for you

fGGttSY3NNzWMM1K4GA1466CbAGMjcYNeA    ......................btw, anyone wanting to direct their deposits there are welcome to   Wink

thx mcg............let me know if there's something I need to do.

Enjoyed the time last night
mcg

sorry for the delay.

you were the one having an invalid address.... you did a !checkupdate ancientnoob

i wrote a message about it in the channel... but right after you left ( like 1 second after you left.. )

give address and i will fix it for you
Activity: 10

sorry for the delay.

Pages:
Jump to: