Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS] WeMineLTC.com | 0% FEES! | Stratum | DDoS Protection |!! - page 12. (Read 74287 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Can you use GUIminer with this pool?
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
a silly question - do i point a miner to the pool or i point litecoind to the pool and miners to my pc?
//totally new to pools.

Have you checked out https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php?topic=43.0 ?
yup.
from reading appears that i need to point workers , but i can't do that because i'm behind FW that blacks any traffic, but on port 80... Is there any solution for this case?
Activity: 9
No problems with my miners here. Connected to the US server on three systems.
donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
Website down, and miners can't connect.  Please let us know what's going on...

According to #536 they are currently Ironing  Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
Website down, and miners can't connect.  Please let us know what's going on...
donator
It's for the children!
We are having some issues (some of us in the user chat area) with random disconnects right now...could use some info/help from admin.  Been like 15 mins off and on.  Thanks

Its a hickup on the backend servers. Nothing to worry about, it will iron out by itself Smiley Smiley

Your web front end is down?  I can't get to it from four sites in two states.  I think I'll swap pools for a bit while things iron out.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
We are having some issues (some of us in the user chat area) with random disconnects right now...could use some info/help from admin.  Been like 15 mins off and on.  Thanks

Its a hickup on the backend servers. Nothing to worry about, it will iron out by itself Smiley Smiley
Activity: 546
Carpe Diem
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
Had some issues with passwords generated by LastPass that would fail silently...tried using passwords such as A3t&5n9Cn8T6tJ%y@eMV^J@F and JGX9jPx5XtsRKzBukr5RtjuuZwfFbEPx, but was unable to log in.  I finally got it working with a 16-character password with only letters.  If you're going to impose arbitrary limits on password strength, it would be best to specify those limits wherever a new password is requested.
donator
It's for the children!
I would pay in L for the following:

Android monitoring app to show current balance, worker throughput and daily earnings.

Dead worker notifications.
Activity: 174
< My mining rig >
a silly question - do i point a miner to the pool or i point litecoind to the pool and miners to my pc?
//totally new to pools.

Have you checked out https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php?topic=43.0 ?
Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
Thanks 5120-01-518-6126. wemineltc.com is good. Except I don't know how to calculate Round Estimate by hand.

That's probably not do-able by hand because the server sends jobs of varying difficulty for you to work on based on your hashing power averaged over a period of time (VARDIFF) -- you can see the difficulty value changing if you watch the proxy's terminal window.  Your final payout for a round is based on the total of weighted share values accepted.  The Round Estimate shown on wemineltc.com takes the weighted values into account and adjusts as each share is accepted.

That is do-able if only for verification purpose. I can submit just a few shares, or just one share, stop my miner, and calculate after the round is done. I hope wemineltc.com officially provide the formula.
 So far the Payout Report has been confusing. For example block 345,074 has 4599 shares reported by the Block Stats page ( http://www.wemineltc.com/blocksAuth )  but in the report ( http://www.wemineltc.com/blockPayReport?blocknum=345074  ) the first four miners together have more than 4599 shares
Activity: 41
//totally new to pools.
< My mining rig >
Thanks 5120-01-518-6126. wemineltc.com is good. Except I don't know how to calculate Round Estimate by hand.

That's probably not do-able by hand because the server sends jobs of varying difficulty for you to work on based on your hashing power averaged over a period of time (VARDIFF) -- you can see the difficulty value changing if you watch the proxy's terminal window.  Your final payout for a round is based on the total of weighted share values accepted.  The Round Estimate shown on wemineltc.com takes the weighted values into account and adjusts as each share is accepted.
CAT.EX Exchange
donator
It's for the children!
Activity: 168
< My mining rig >
I have a question for  WeTradeCoins. I am using the Cudaminer which Christian (cbuchner1) wrote to mine LTC on weminltc.com. Cudaminer was written based on "pooler-cpuminer 2.2.3" and only supports getwork. Becuase wemneltc only supports stratum I use the stratumn-proxy.exe recommended on wemineltc.com.
Code:
stratum_proxy.exe -o us.wemineltc.com -p 80 -pa scrypt -nm
It seems that no matter I disable or enable longpoll with Cudaminer (there is a command line switch) and Cudaminer mines through stratumn-proxy just fine -- the proxy can handle it either way. My question is, if longpoll is disabled on the miner, will the stratumn-proxy (and the server at wemineltc.com) run more efficiently?

Stratum servers don't use long polling -- they send broadcast messages to miners at any time.  When you use the proxy, all the overhead associated with getwork long polling is on the client side (i.e., your machine).  The difference between enabling/disabling long polling for the few ports cudaminer would open on your local system for long polling is probably no more than a few microseconds of cpu time every so often.
< My mining rig >
Just tried cgminer on the GTX system without the proxy running, worked ok, 240KH/s total not too bad for old Nvidia cards

I wrote a program called cudaminer which should get close to 200 kHash/s out of each individual GTX 480...

I tried cudaminer on that system, saw ~180KH/s per card, but it BSOD's after a couple of minutes -- don't think cudaminer is at fault because the 480's are old & probably have some bad procs.  Getting ready to replace them with 7870's.
CAT.EX Exchange
Just tried cgminer on the GTX system without the proxy running, worked ok, 240KH/s total not too bad for old Nvidia cards

I wrote a program called cudaminer which should get close to 200 kHash/s out of each individual GTX 480...

I have a question for  WeTradeCoins. I am using the Cudaminer which Christian (cbuchner1) wrote to mine LTC on weminltc.com. Cudaminer was written based on "pooler-cpuminer 2.2.3" and only supports getwork. Becuase wemneltc only supports stratum I use the stratumn-proxy.exe recommended on wemineltc.com.
Code:
stratum_proxy.exe -o us.wemineltc.com -p 80 -pa scrypt -nm
It seems that no matter I disable or enable longpoll with Cudaminer (there is a command line switch) and Cudaminer mines through stratumn-proxy just fine -- the proxy can handle it either way. My question is, if longpoll is disabled on the miner, will the stratumn-proxy (and the server at wemineltc.com) run more efficiently?
Pages:
Jump to: