Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 9. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Doesn't work with any litecoin miner for android now, but 5 months ago, it did. What have changed?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
also a heads up to Burnside, noticed a slight error on the help page i think, at least it broke my mining ability...
with reaper instructions say

host ltc.kattare.comport 9332

wouldnt work for me, i had been using

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332

put it back how it was and reaper ran again

What browser are you using?  That's all in a pre /pre html tag, it shouldn't run together like that.

Also, I highly recommend stratum.  Where I can I've switched over to cgminer w/ stratum.

Cheers.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
thanks for the advice, ill try the stratum proxy to see if it helps
i often do have under 10% stales, it just shoots up when the share submit takes too long, then works back down to a reasonable level

im running 3 x  7970 in an open rig on risers as the pc overheated with 2 in and the case shut, hash rate is apx 500kh per card
i think many problems were down to the rubbish gpu computer planet insist on using in their systems...
xfx edition, ive read many people dislike them, only been running since march and both the originals have already been rma due to fans not working,
one of them has had problems the silver disc  flying of the fan and getting lodged so the fan wouldnt turn ( discovered that yesterday )

thanks again for your time,  be lucky   Wink
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
Hi all, 
bit of a noob looking for some help
ive been mining on your pool for a while now as ukminer, getting some crazy stales, like 10  to 15%
im using reaper, so im guesing its the long polling causing issues, never had any joy with cgminer
ive noticed share submits taking anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds on occasion, and the stales jump up after that
anyone got any ideas on how i can fix this pls?
same prob with my btc mining, the erupters slow down then power back up
really need to sort this before my singles arrive, if they ever arrive...

thanks in advance

also a heads up to Burnside, noticed a slight error on the help page i think, at least it broke my mining ability...

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332

Ok, some reqire host:port as in tcp://ltc-stratum.kattare.com:3333 ( the stratum connection ) and some times ( me and Reaper don't get along so.. ) I have used Slush's Stratum Proxy ( set for script proxy ) and set to local host 127.0.0.1:8332 ( local host, port 8332, could have the wrong listen port for the proxy as I am currently doing CGMiner with a HD4850 and not going to touch anything in case it stops working! )

As to the stales, I get under 10% and most are within one minute of  " Longpole detected new block " messages.  No worries on them, they happen even to those with decent or better hash rates.  If it shows hardware errors or higher than 10% stales/invalid, then start with lowering intensity and/or rebooting to see if there is some weird ram error that could cause it.  With you stating 15%+ check your hash rate, that IS a factor.  I have a system that has 2x Nvidia 8600GT and a single 8400GTS card and sure, it gets around 25 KHash/sec ( scritp mining ) and the total stales do get up to 18% due to one of them finaly finding a share JUST after the longpole detected message.

It is also a good idea to MONTHLY shut it all down and blow the dust bunnies out of the GPUs and check your system fans in case one is dying.  I've had to replace my North Bridge fan recently since it went down to a speed where I could SEE it spin ( instead of too fast to see the blades ).  Heat on the North Bridge can cause issues too.

Hope this helps or at least points you in the right direction.  Keep mining!!  Cool
Activity: 248
Hi all, 
bit of a noob looking for some help
ive been mining on your pool for a while now as ukminer, getting some crazy stales, like 10  to 15%
im using reaper, so im guesing its the long polling causing issues, never had any joy with cgminer
ive noticed share submits taking anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds on occasion, and the stales jump up after that
anyone got any ideas on how i can fix this pls?
same prob with my btc mining, the erupters slow down then power back up
really need to sort this before my singles arrive, if they ever arrive...

thanks in advance

host ltc.kattare.com
port 9332

no answer, did get http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_Raring_Installation_Guide to get cgminer working, gona test it overnight before rebooting and doing luckycoin for now.. if it's stable, I'll be back in litecoinminig in the morning...

wish me luck...

8.8-9.6 KH/sec scrypt mining for the record!

[EDITED TO ADD]
after a ton of tweaking and getting unity-reset actually installed... 60-90KHash/sec scrypt mining and overheating....
I need a newer system!!
Ok, got a ' temporary' PC up and running with 2x Nvid 8600 GT cards and have an ATI HD 4850
Question: how the .... do I get OpenCL  1.0 ( YES ONE POINT ZERO ) in Ubuntu 13.04??

I've had to re-re-reinstall a few times and either the card ins't recognised as OpenCL or OpenCL 1.1 gets loaded and it's not going to work.

AMD SDK 5.0 for CGMiner loads 1.1 and the files from it are ' needed ' for GPU monitoring.

Prerequisit for answers: NO - costs to much in power - not worth it due to low hash rate - etc.

ANY hash rate ( and I have a SOLAR/WIND system I'm trying to stress test anyway ) is more than NO hash/day.
As is, my current hash rate ( with the 8600 GT cards) is maxing at 20khash/sec and getting the 2nd pc up with the ATI would more than doubble it while waiting on a PCIx16 v 2.0 mobo that can at least test the HD 5850 cards I have on hand.

Sorry if this sounds rude, after 5 days of messing with drivers, hunting down SDKs, having half a desktop ( if it even partly loads ) and BACK TO A FRELLING DOS type screen you would seem snarky too.
Aaand.... kinda back.... hotmail seems to be delaying mails for recovering accounts..

My mining rig is down for parts/upgrades, gives me time to look in to PCIx16 v 2.0+ boards while waiting on a power supply that isn't blown due to cobwebs shorting everything that deals with 12v ( tester shows -5v, +3.3 +5.0 no -12v or +12v and a burn mark through the board! )

I'm willing to accept pity donations Smiley
legendary
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 85
i keep getitng unable to use servers error with guiminer scrypt

im using this adress ltc.kattare.com with port 3333
what am i doing wrong?
Wrong port. use 9332.
Better: use ltc-stratum.kattare.com:3333
The Getting Started page summarizes it pretty well.
Activity: 5
i keep getitng unable to use servers error with guiminer scrypt

im using this adress ltc.kattare.com with port 3333
what am i doing wrong?
Activity: 266
Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression. Excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me.
There. I sang to the litecoin gods now we will have better luck.
That's funny. we found a block while I was typing.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression. Excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair and agony on me.
There. I sang to the litecoin gods now we will have better luck.
Activity: 56
TY for the message Burnside, for those that have similar issues with HOTMAIL adding all variations of kattare.com to the allowed senders list didn't help, get a different email addy in there.

Also, look in to the Stratum proxy and setting it to use username and password so you can multi-mine at your end and have the proxy on stratum to submit for one worker ( and make it look like you got one killer miner ).

hope this helps other before they run in to an issue  Cool
had the XP box die on me ( hate the smell of SMD transistors on an old HDD blowing to kill a drive ) and now trying to set up Ubuntu 12.04 for mining..
Got Minerd running ( whole .54 khash/sec on dual Coppermine cores ) and can't log in to the site to see what/if i'm actualy submitting shares ( my bad on not remembering my own passwd )

So far, my account is locked and not getting the emails for changing it, WHAT is the address to add to allowed senders???

Got to work for most of the day so will post if/when i can check my account again as my account shows locked on the main page and no emails getting through for the send recovery emails.

nybbler905 the one and only

**EDIT**
[2013-07-23 08:25:57] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2013-07-23 08:25:57] 2 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2013-07-23 08:25:57] Binding thread 1 to cpu 1
[2013-07-23 08:25:58] Long-polling activated for http://ltc.kattare.com:9332/LP
[2013-07-23 08:26:06] thread 1: 4096 hashes, 0.53 khash/s
[2013-07-23 08:26:07] thread 0: 4096 hashes, 0.47 khash/s

not bad for an old dual Coppermine box   Grin

ok, Issue: account locked, old system is dead amd HDD fryed so can't use usb/ide and Ubuntu to read old password - can not get email for password recovery, possibly blocked sender

attemt to fix: retype all passwords memorised for my ltc mining and btc mining in case they are the same here, account is locked, clicking http://ltc.kattare.com/lostpassword.php gets me a nice box that claims that an email has been sent to ( name removed on page ) one of my email hosts that are online.... several times... and nada in my inbox or spam

Possible resolution - what is the mail daemon's name so it can be added to allowed list?
legendary
saw a block solved from 10 hrs ago and still 0 confirmation until now Huh
Block   Confirms   Finder   Time
387,594   0   aj0724   2013-07-13 03:49:01 AM

is there something wrong with this block?

Yeah, some blocks don't get any confirmations if another miner beats us to it. 

Cheers.
Activity: 223
saw a block solved from 10 hrs ago and still 0 confirmation until now Huh
Block   Confirms   Finder   Time
387,594   0   aj0724   2013-07-13 03:49:01 AM

is there something wrong with this block?

Also 387594 isn't listed on "last 200 blocks found" page.
while more recent 388133 is.
Maybe there is some kind of filter which doesn't list blocks with 0 confirmations.
Pages:
Jump to: