Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 8. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
Hello, I'm trying to check the website at ltc.kattare.com but it seems down, so it's not just the mining pool: anyone knows if it's a temporary problem or the site is closing?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I thought this was just me after I found out my son stuck cheerios in my computer.......  After cleaning out the cheerios I was still not able to get connected but apparently its not just me!

If the cheerios broke the pool, I'm sorry!
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Me too... I am mining at my failover pool. I hate it when that happens.
Activity: 213
Merit: 100
can't connect and my miner keeps locking up ( no matter what site i try ) and I assumed it was just me until I attempted to see my stats to find out when/if I was making connections over the night....

Cry
Activity: 9
Same problem here, web page is not loading.  I think it's time to reboot the server
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
miner just went offline, no connection to pool....
cant load webpage either....

anyone know whats up with the pool?
I've looked at the block found rate and it may have something to do with it ( just my guess work here, I don't operate the pool ).  On a few other pools I've had that kind of issue and payouts were severely delayed by 2 blocks found by the pool and the ' quick fix ' at my end was to set TO manual payout, then back to less than what coin I had accumulated.  It might be what is needed here ( and finding the next block ) before it is working.

To be totaly honest, I have yet to reach my first payout here and can only use one of my systems for LTC currently so take this as just advice and not word of god on what to try while waiting for Burnside to look in to this.
Activity: 25
The Automatic Payout feature is not working. I tried setting it at 1, 2, and so on, but no payout is happening. Is it a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
The automatic payment of 5 litecoins I set up on burnsides pool has stopped working.So I increased it to 8 and now I see my balance on burnside is 8.8  What could be stopping the automatic payment from working ??

I've noticed the same issue. 11.19 LTC in my account, even though the payout is set to 10. Burnside, can you check the job?
Activity: 9
The automatic payment of 5 litecoins I set up on burnsides pool has stopped working.So I increased it to 8 and now I see my balance on burnside is 8.8  What could be stopping the automatic payment from working ??
fortunately my problems seem to be ok now (touch wood)
running at .2% stales, far better than with reaper, well worth the small headache i got sussing it out    Grin

love the lego super computer
Quite possible.  One of the reasons I do Stratum or Stratum Proxy is to lower/eliminate stales as the server ' decides ' who gets a block of date to work on and not just keep dropping the same work to whatever asks for it.  That is the theory at lest.  In reality, if you are say hashing at ( the following is just example numbers blown out of proportion to drive home a point ) say... 85kHash/sec scrypt ( as oposed to the much faster Sha2586d ) and another miner gets the same block to work on with their 15 mining rigs doing a total hash rate of 500kHash/sec there is a big chance due to the multiple miners splitting up the work load that one of them will submit prior to you for the same work load.

The reality is that Stratum does lower stales over all the pool, not the individuals.  In order to lower at an individual's side stale submission, either increase the number of units mining ( CPU, GPU, FPGA, ASIC, PI mining hybrid cluster, whatever it takes ) to increase the total hash power on your side of a stratum proxy so as to ' start hashing ' higher up within the block in order to find the shares.

For those that still believe CPU mining can't be profitable, they are forgetting SHEAR CPU MASS POWER of say.... The Cray III and how many individual CPUs were in one.  Also the following link....

http://blog.afkham.org/2013/01/raspberry-pi-control-center.html
and for those that won't click a link unless it involves LEGO  Cool
http://www.zdnet.com/raspberry-pi-meets-lego-in-supercomputer-like-cluster-photos-7000004209/

It won't stop the individual hash rate at such abysmal levels, it will make a force not to be messed with.   Where I live, I have friends at the local recycle station that will ( on really rare occasions ) let me take home what's left of ' dead ' computers.  I already have a few ' spare ' routers, just not enough solar/wind power to get them all going ( and really stressing out the inverter as is  Roll Eyes )

So, from my little rant to a possible solution for you, get your paws on a second ANYTHING that can do wired ethernet and have it ' talk ' to a stratum proxy on your first one and see if the stales start dropping.  When I say anything, I do mean anything as in a newer phone, TI Beagle Board, MP4 player that has been hacked to do CPU-ARM mining.  Anything to start splitting up the work load a little.  This is mining and as we all should know by now, every hash counts.

Good luck.
urhg, i was hoping cgminer would be the end of this for me...
i still hope, but with what your saying maybe not...

wish i could help, maybe someone with a bit more knowledge will spot this and be able to offer more assistance

i did notice the server load is mid not low as normal, poss something to do with it?
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
ok well i moved pc yesterday to wifi free, didnt get time to try cgminer and all looked ok

got up and had same prob so stopped ltc mining for the night to not stress the pool

got cgminer running today so fingers crossed all ok now

are u using reaper also? and if so are u using stratum?

( ive been up and running 10 mins now, not long but 0.2% stales, amazing, and i havent even tweaked the miner for optimal hashing but its roughly the same )

I am using cgminer and stratum.
ok well i moved pc yesterday to wifi free, didnt get time to try cgminer and all looked ok

got up and had same prob so stopped ltc mining for the night to not stress the pool

got cgminer running today so fingers crossed all ok now

are u using reaper also? and if so are u using stratum?

( ive been up and running 10 mins now, not long but 0.2% stales, amazing, and i havent even tweaked the miner for optimal hashing but its roughly the same )
frick, sorry guys , not sure what happened with my miner, so ashamed of all the stales    Undecided

went to work, nothing different from normal, usually around 10 to 15% stales

got back and a whole screen of messages saying share submit took 10 to 30 secs...

moving pc to direct internet connection  ( no wifi this time ) and ill get cgminer running today hopefully before i need to get to bed

weird that this even happened, been mining ltc since feb / march and this nvr happened before

massive sorry to u all                  ( hangs head in shame and goes to hide )

wifi was the guilty party, currently running @ 2.5% stales and dropping by the second....

It happened to me too.  Nothing changed with my setup either...  Huh
on a personal note...
I just PREFER wired connection due to the bandwith that is possible on hard line connections.  That is weird with Stratum and a wireless, there may be an issue with your router.  I highly recommend searcing OpenWRT to see if what you have is on the supported list, the ones NOT on the list I have had issues with ( including sudden and mysterious self bricking ) so it's worth a check for that and if you can put in OpenWRT as it does make a difference between security and mining.

On the bright side, you found and eliminated the stale issue.  Undecided
frick, sorry guys , not sure what happened with my miner, so ashamed of all the stales    Undecided

went to work, nothing different from normal, usually around 10 to 15% stales

got back and a whole screen of messages saying share submit took 10 to 30 secs...

moving pc to direct internet connection  ( no wifi this time ) and ill get cgminer running today hopefully before i need to get to bed

weird that this even happened, been mining ltc since feb / march and this nvr happened before

massive sorry to u all                  ( hangs head in shame and goes to hide )

wifi was the guilty party, currently running @ 2.5% stales and dropping by the second....

What browser are you using?  That's all in a pre /pre html tag, it shouldn't run together like that.

Also, I highly recommend stratum.  Where I can I've switched over to cgminer w/ stratum.

Cheers.

[/quote]

Hi Burnside,

im using firefox browser,  ill give cgminer a shot, i never had any joy with it but i recently mastered bat files so maybe i can get it to run now, ill try

Pages:
Jump to: