Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 28. (Read 914215 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
It was most welcome pump. I managed to get some btc over months of mining. If it falls again  I will probably buy again, but I think it won't. Max was already very heavily dumped the past one year. Maybe this is a predecessor of the next btc bubble. Or, so I hope... Wink
Activity: 450
Merit: 250
Maxcoin was pumped almost on a weekly basis when mcxnow was up.

Anyway, I synced my wallet and uploaded the blockchain part of it for others who doesn't want to sync for days or run into issues:

https://mega.co.nz/#!WIUHALIB!U5qKmU1bgEEEKoy6mpaYRm8WNV3uvdxWFUZE_kMr7co

It's not a single bootstrap as it would also be slow to check 977k blocks, it is simply the synced wallet uploaded (without peers/wallet/conf/etc).

Did this come from Windows? If not, will it work on Windows anyhoo? Smiley

I suspect I'm going to have to wait months to sync my Windows wallet.... It's taken me 2 weeks to get from 50 weeks behind to 48 weeks behind.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Anyway, I synced my wallet and uploaded the blockchain part of it for others who doesn't want to sync for days or run into issues:

It's not a single bootstrap as it would also be slow to check 977k blocks, it is simply the synced wallet uploaded (without peers/wallet/conf/etc).

Cheers Bathrobeheron,
I remember the mcxnow pumps. Max used to come onto the troll box and fire everyone up for an hour or two.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

hey guys,

My wallet won't synch. It is stuck 25 weeks behind. Is anyone else having this issue? What are some fixes I can try?
Cheers
Activity: 500
Merit: 253
lol
all these old ass coins getting pumped and ltc halving coming up in a few months.

hmmmm....

Are you suggesting that these pumps are actually escape pods out of other alts and that litecoin is going to get a pump soon?
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
lol
all these old ass coins getting pumped and ltc halving coming up in a few months.

hmmmm....
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

If you trade on Bittrex, you will know what i mean. There are many coins like TRON, SLING, CRAVE, SIGU, COV and more that got pumped and dumped. Some are legit and survived, some just faded like EKN,EGMA, COV. Maxcoin is pumping w/o news, so it might be the same money for lack of new coins flooding into older coins.

I don't get what has happened all of sudden to create such a huge run in older coins though.  There isn't a lack of new coins per se.   Plenty of coins out there to absorb the current demand.  Nearly 1,000 coins, about 600 are on active exchanges.

So there is something else going on.

I think older coins have reached terminal or low inflation mining and have been mass accumulated so we're seeing a move by the whales and smart money into those older coins which have been accumulated all this time nu the same ones pumping them now.

That's my theory and I've been predicting it would come since last year.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Just whales playing. Ever since HiPOS, Masternode clones of DASH came out in droves there has been new money pumping & dumping random coins. #Altsareback

What?  What does that mean?  I've seen random coins being pumped for a few weeks but I don't get why.

Can you add some color?  Thx

If you trade on Bittrex, you will know what i mean. There are many coins like TRON, SLING, CRAVE, SIGU, COV and more that got pumped and dumped. Some are legit and survived, some just faded like EKN,EGMA, COV. Maxcoin is pumping w/o news, so it might be the same money for lack of new coins flooding into older coins.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Just whales playing. Ever since HiPOS, Masternode clones of DASH came out in droves there has been new money pumping & dumping random coins. #Altsareback

What?  What does that mean?  I've seen random coins being pumped for a few weeks but I don't get why.

Can you add some color?  Thx
Activity: 840
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

BS, Maxcoin will most likely be back at to all time low by next month. Classic pump and dump.

Classic pump and dumps get news, hype and trolls pumping  it.  This was way too quiet.  This was a classic shakeout.  It might go back down and then another shakeout but that's impossible to say.

This was a mass accumulation move.  Depends if the accumulators got what they wanted.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Nothing special...
Chinese guys liked the name, thats all))

What Chinese guys?

This is Max Keiser!!!

BS, Maxcoin will most likely be back at to all time low by next month. Classic pump and dump.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Nothing special...

What Chinese guys?

This is Max Keiser!!!
Activity: 187
Nothing special...
This is a serious pump. Huge volume. Wonder what sparked it.
Activity: 450
Merit: 250
Syncing the wallet from 0 is taking a long time. Several days in I'm still barely half way there. If there's a way to speed it up please advise. Thanks
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
MaxcoinProject.org
Maxcoin community, we have a little announcement.

We want to thank you for your support and donations to our Bounty program. Because of your support our web wallet project is now at 100% and we are currently testing android wallet, which should be soon released.

MaxCoin is Alive and Kickin'.

-Maxcoin Foundation-
Activity: 86
Well I certainly wouldn't count maxcoin as down & out of the race. Startcoin may of had a head start but its use case is completely different than that of maxcoin which is nestling into the precious metals markets. However everyone should keep in mind that THEY too can help out, indeed everyone can help out and in turn help their own investment out. Whether that be from organising and developing infrastructure if you have the skills, spreading the word of maxcoin, or just a simple donation to ongoing bounties (bounty.maxcoin.co.uk). Their is a way for everyone to help out and I encourage everyone to do so and not leave it solely in the hands of current devs. Still, im enjoying these cheep prices for now...

Developing the infrastructure and encouraging use is where most coins fall down. Pretty soon I'm sure there will be a shake-down where only a small number of coins will survive.

Are you proposing the formation of an independent, development group to co-ordinate efforts? Is anybody?

I hope that your call to arms is taken up by other capable Maxcoin holders. More power to your elbow.
Activity: 69
Miner & crypto enthusiast
Well I certainly wouldn't count maxcoin as down & out of the race. Startcoin may of had a head start but its use case is completely different than that of maxcoin which is nestling into the precious metals markets. However everyone should keep in mind that THEY too can help out, indeed everyone can help out and in turn help their own investment out. Whether that be from organising and developing infrastructure if you have the skills, spreading the word of maxcoin, or just a simple donation to ongoing bounties (bounty.maxcoin.co.uk). Their is a way for everyone to help out and I encourage everyone to do so and not leave it solely in the hands of current devs. Still, im enjoying these cheep prices for now...
Pages:
Jump to: