Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 485. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 306
Merit: 100
MaxCoin Pool by HashFaster signups OPEN TO PUBLIC

Pool is 1% fee, prop payouts
DDoS protected everything
VARDIFF enabled

URL: http://max.hashfaster.com

We will get stratum and whatnot up as soon as we can once the coin is officially launched.

Follow us on twitter or Freenode IRC #faster
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Would be interesting to figure out how many coins they could mine with a GPU miner from t0 -> 60min.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
No GPU? dat scam.
Hello botnet.

Q: So is it CPU only? Will I be able to use my Butterfly Labs ASIC when it arrives (... any day now...)?
A: Using Keccak as a hashing function renders current Bitcoin ASICs and the upcoming Scrypt ASICs useless on the coin. GPU parallelization of Keccak is possible but currently does not exist for mining with our implementation of SHA-3.
Activity: 224
I don't think the announcement will be made in the middle of this thread. The maxcoin site is a joke. Where is the best place to closely monitor the release ?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
I would warn you guys against mining this one -- I can compile a SHA3 miner in about 20-40 min on windows and mine this.

All you have to do is fork yacminer (which has GPU code for SHA3-512 already), change a few lines of code so that it's SHA3-256, remove the scrypt code and whammo, GPU miner.

I think this might be an out-the-door scam as they can easily compile a GPU miner too and aren't prereleasing the source code for the testnet beforehand.

^ this is correct
Activity: 74
No GPU? dat scam.
Hello botnet.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I would warn you guys against mining this one -- I can compile a SHA3 miner in about 20-40 min on windows and mine this.

All you have to do is fork yacminer (which has GPU code for SHA3-512 already), change a few lines of code so that it's SHA3-256, remove the scrypt code and whammo, GPU miner.

I think this might be an out-the-door scam as they can easily compile a GPU miner too and aren't prereleasing the source code for the testnet beforehand.
Activity: 70
how do you mine maxcoin ?

ask Chuck Norris, he is the only one that is minig at the moment... google for him
Activity: 882
Merit: 563
Bitcoin to the moon!
What would be fair starting price for maxcoin?

Whatever the market determines is fair. Smiley

I guess it should be something around 10-50 cents.
Activity: 224
will there be any place i can buy this coin on in beginning??

why not mine some?

It won't be so easy.

Price could easily shoot up 100x or 1000x then return back to earth today.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
9000 BTC. Give or take a few hundreds.
Activity: 126
JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

Whatever the market determines is fair. Smiley
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
https://www.coins-e.com/?ref=5893746877005824

Finally a chance for the little guys.

Beware of scammers. Get the right info from the link above.
Activity: 294
GOT GPU Miner for MAX from http://v-coin.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=32

Anyone interested can send me 0.1xxxxxx BTC to 1Fy3cKN8DznZGhtehowYoo38Xy6xMk93Eo, I will send you the file's password.

PM the number 0.1xxxxxx to confirm that you sent.

Where is it? Sorry, but most people don't know this language and just can't find link to download.

Try google translate  Roll Eyes
Activity: 126
JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis
I hope there are some faucets available and my friend said I can mine on a laptop is that true? I would love to be able to hatch out some of this coin and I praying Max will build infrastructure for the coin as well. Smiley

Careful about mining on a laptop.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
very excited for the launch, my first time mining

I feel sorry for what you about to experience.

6 r9 290 ready here  Cheesy

cpu only boy
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
where to get miner software. Can not get from official website. Show a available link,thanks!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
how do you mine maxcoin ?
Activity: 70
There will be a hudge influx of newly created accounts posting links to "gpu miners" when this launches. They will steal your wallets. Do not fall for it.

+1

so true, so be careful
Jump to: