Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 45. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 523
Merit: 250
where is luke??

It's under critical problem..-_-
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006
Mining Pool Hub
Current difficulty is 7042400.964355485.
 Shocked
Activity: 609
Merit: 500
DMD,XZC
Activity: 475

My wallet won't synch.
 Sad
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Block chain stop again, maxcoin is dead.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
At the moment, Maxcoin is in the stranglehold of a few mining pools, and that is dangerous. Mining pool squabbles, so prevalent in this thread, could also be eliminated by POS. I believe the time is right to go fully POS. Does anyone have any powerful arguments as to why not?

Because the current developer lacks the skills to implement it.
Block chain stop for three hours.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
what is the next plan Dev team?

Could you explain about the futre plans of maxcoin??

That's easy.

Wait for Bitcoin to breakout at which point Max the Keiser will get on his big media mic and go crazy; driving mass investor attention and volume to MaxCoin - driving it well past my $5 price target at which point I will sell and go on a much needed vacation.

Any questions?
Activity: 523
what is the next plan Dev team?

Could you explain about the futre plans of maxcoin??
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
very unstable difficulty, very low yield.

Any thoughts on whether the time is now right to turn Maxcoin into a purely POS coin?

I don't think pure POS is good idea. Maxcoin is most well known coin is Keccak algo.
However, the difficulty re-target algo. should be changed for smooth operation.

How about Digishield? KGW is too old and buggy.

(http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/1yn6t1/digibyte_v_20_code_name_digishield/)

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "most well known" etc. If you mean that Maxcoin has always been known as utilising Keccak and should remain so, I'm not convinced by that argument. POS would address two fundamental issues that have plagued Maxcoin since its inception: 1) the '51% attack' mining issue (although attacks can be launched at a much lower percentage); and 2) the subversion of the original intention that Maxcoins could easily be created by ordinary users, on ordinary PCs, at home.

POS is economical, using very little electricity and creates coins by doing something that users have to do anyway i.e. sync their wallets. It's that simple. Nothing more would be required than to sync a few times per month. Users would be rewarded by coins automatically credited to their wallets. This should attract more users too.

At the moment, Maxcoin is in the stranglehold of a few mining pools, and that is dangerous. Mining pool squabbles, so prevalent in this thread, could also be eliminated by POS. I believe the time is right to go fully POS. Does anyone have any powerful arguments as to why not?
Activity: 546
The currently difficulty is at 5 million due, we believe, to a failed timewarp attack. We will be re-enabling ACP once the blockchain begins moving again, which will be an estimated 5 hours, to mitigate from such an attack. If the attack persists as a DDoS we will switch the re-targeting algorithm for something more robust.

Something more robust is really needed. Digishield, Dark Gravity Wave v3.. etc.
Activity: 546

Any thoughts on whether the time is now right to turn Maxcoin into a purely POS coin?

I don't think pure POS is good idea. Maxcoin is most well known coin is Keccak algo.
However, the difficulty re-target algo. should be changed for smooth operation.

How about Digishield? KGW is too old and buggy.

(http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/1yn6t1/digibyte_v_20_code_name_digishield/)
Activity: 163
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
13:58:07

getdifficulty

13:58:07

Just keep on buying at 5k+ Satoshi so you can cry very hard later.
Activity: 475
0.9.3.1 works for me. (Didn't have to download the blockchain again.)
legendary
Mining Pool Hub
Now it's working Cheesy
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
MaxcoinProject.org
The currently difficulty is at 5 million due, we believe, to a failed timewarp attack. We will be re-enabling ACP once the blockchain begins moving again, which will be an estimated 5 hours, to mitigate from such an attack. If the attack persists as a DDoS we will switch the re-targeting algorithm for something more robust.
legendary
Mining Pool Hub
630899 block's difficulty was 12935
Current 630900 block's difficulty is about 5238533.539921672

I don't think we will find a block soon.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Network is frozen at block 630,899

http://max.cryptoexplore.com
http://max.1gh.com <--- last block generated 4 hours ago (height 630,874)

Huh
Pages:
Jump to: