Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]modum.io - award-winning Swiss startup innovating supply chain operations - page 12. (Read 35355 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
Looks like I missed the train this token is mooning.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
New blog post:

Where to find modum this week.

This week modum will be attending a number of conferences and events to promote the modum system and our new sensors and contribute to discussions on startups, intellectual property, and blockchain technology among other things. It will be a whirlwind tour for our CEO Simon, CTO Sacha, and COO Stefan. If you are also attending any of the following events please find us and say hello!

CPhl worldwide, Frankfurt, October 24 and 25: Stefan Weber will be attending the CPhl worldwide event at the Frankfurt Messe to visit some of  the 2500 exhibitors from across the pharma industry.

Swiss StartUp Days, Berne, October 25: Simon will be participating in Swiss StartUp Days again this year, but for the first time representing modum.io. The event always offers an exciting survey of the most recent newcomers to Switzerland’s startup scene.

The EU Intellectual Property Office’s Blockchain and Intellectual Property event, Alicante, October 27: Stefan Weber will be delivering a presentation on modum’s application for blockchain technology in the supply chain. He will also participate in a panel discussion addressing the role that the blockchain could play to protect and enforce intellectual property.

The 34th International Supply Chain Conference, Berlin, October 27: Simon Doessegger will deliver a presentation, during the “StartUp Pitch” portion of the day, explaining modum’s system and its potential impact on the global supply chain.

Logistik Forum Switzerland 2017, Luzern, October 27: Sacha Uhlmann will speak at Logistik Forum in Luzern explaining the opportunities that blockchain technologies present within logistics.

https://modum.io/where-to-find-modum-this-month/
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
The official contract address shows "Value per Token:   $0.00" as well. So it's not just you. It might take a few days for a value to show up.
https://etherscan.io/token/0x957c30ab0426e0c93cd8241e2c60392d08c6ac8e

Thanks man! Hopefully it gets listed on few established exchanges, plenty of mcap space to expand  Grin
I bought 2000 mod on Etherdelta, and I can see the token in metamask and on etherscan, but the token value field says $0...is this the usual or did I mess something up?

The official contract address shows "Value per Token:   $0.00" as well. So it's not just you. It might take a few days for a value to show up.
https://etherscan.io/token/0x957c30ab0426e0c93cd8241e2c60392d08c6ac8e
Activity: 113
I bought 2000 mod on Etherdelta, and I can see the token in metamask and on etherscan, but the token value field says $0...is this the usual or did I mess something up?
Activity: 669
Merit: 520
can anyone share price(s) for $MOD in eth & btc?
Activity: 161
Merit: 12
Here's a step by step guide to setting up a wallet and buying Modum: https://getcrypto.info/modum/
Appreciate, very newbie-friendly for a new user like me.
Activity: 518
Merit: 258
I am glad that it has been running very well since the beginning.    and the course has developed very well
I think who is still interested should buy at short notice

Coinmarketcap : https://etherdelta.com/#MOD-ETH   

$0.732422 (53.19%)
0.00012918 BTC (56.49%)
0.00237649 ETH (40.02%)

what is the advantage of holding the tokens?

Token holders will get dividends in ETH.

From the FAQ:

How does the profit sharing process work?
The profit share smart contract is open source.
A payment equivalent to the part of the profit generated by modum.io AG which is used for dividend payments as proposed by the board of modum and subsequently enacted by the shareholders will be forwarded to all MOD Tokenholders. The profit fiat amount is converted to Ether and sent to the modum smart contract. The modum smart contract evaluates the current holdings and distributes the profits to token holder in Ether. Tokens that are locked for the shareholders of modum.io do not come with profit participation rights for the entire duration of the lock-up.
Activity: 112
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
great project,good luck to dev
Activity: 1596
Merit: 362
I can't fathom why someone would sell their MOD at a loss on ED. Maybe it is pre-ICO buyers who are dumping at a mere 1 to 10 Cents winning margin but that I refuse to believe since they were somewhat handpicked. I just don't get it.
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
Here's a step by step guide to setting up a wallet and buying Modum: https://getcrypto.info/modum/
Activity: 658
Merit: 129
do we have any updates on whether Modum has been reaching their milestones (from token sale section in whitepaper), and any updates on current and future business relationships?

So far, 43 different companies have pilot-tested Modum’s system with almost 1,000 shipments. The company anticipates the product will launch commercially during the first quarter of 2018.

THIS IS HUUUUUUGE
That's really huge, thanks for sharing! Where do you have this information from? Price increased nice since yesterday and I am now nearly my ICO price.

You should join Slack for the latest infos:
https://join.slack.com/t/modum-token/shared_invite/enQtMjU1MDc1NDM0MDk5LTEwMDYwZjQ0MGVkYjgzY2YzNjdmNzUxNTk3MGY5YTUwZTBkZTNhOGQzNjJhN2YwY2QyMzhhMWE5MGY2MmU0OTc
I'm already on the Modum slack but I mostly read the announcements channel, it's a full time job to keep updated on every coin  Cheesy
Thanks
Copied from the Modum FAQ:

MODUM.IO'S BUSINESS CASE

Does modum.io already have a product and with a well-established business case?
modum.io has a working temperature logger prototype, which was used to track shipments in several pilot projects within Europe and to the Middle East. modum.io is currently launching the first generation of its own, proprietary sensor device based on findings from each pilot. Our go-to-market strategy is regulatory driven, based on new requirements placed on the pharma industry. We are already working with industry partners and clients to deliver the modum system.

How was modum.io’s first business case developed?
The European Commission has recently released tightened regulatory requirements for the transport of medicinal products for human use.
modum.io’s first service offers an efficient system to comply with these regulatory requirements.

What are these regulatory changes?
Chapter nine of the Good Distribution Practice regulation (GDP 2013/C 343/01) now requires proof that shipped medicinal products have not been exposed to conditions (particularly temperature) that may have compromised their quality.

How does modum.io solve improve its clients’ ability to be compliant with GDP regulations
To date, pharmaceutical companies achieve compliance with regulatory requirements by using expensive, temperature-stabilized trucks and containers from third-party logistics providers (3PLs). modum.io offers a more efficient supply-chain solution, which enables companies to prove compliance with GDP regulations by using blockchain and Internet-of-Things (IoT) technology.

What is the business potential of the modum solution?
By using the modum system, costs per shipment can be reduced by up to 60%. With respect to the 200 million shipments of pharmaceutical products in the EU, a widespread adoption of the modum system has the potential to reduce industry-wide expenses of approximately 3 billion EUR annually.

What is modum.io’s go-to market strategy?
Currently, the modum system is being integrated into the system of the leading last-mile logistics service provider in Switzerland. modum.io is planning to finalize this integration in Q4/2017. Upon successful completion, official market entry will begin in Q1/2018.
Additionally, modum.io is in negotiations with significant customers from within the pharma distribution vertical in the UK, France, Germany, Turkey, and Vietnam.

What is modum.io’s vision for growing its platform for expanded service delivery?
modum.io, with its system and first business case, eagerly anticipates horizontal and vertical growth by evolving the developed system. Low-cost and low-power IoT sensors have become commonplace for:
     Temperature
     Humidity/moisture
     Light/machine vision
     Acceleration/tilt
     Acoustics/sound/vibration
     Position/proximity
     Motion/velocity/displacement
     Chemical/gas
     Flow (Liquid)
     Electric/magnetic
     Force/load/torque/strain/pressure
Modum.io foresees adding sensor devices with these capabilities to build a platform for IoT monitoring in supply chain across a variety of sectors.

Into which sectors could the modum system be expanded?
With the experience gained from the high standards and low-cost requirements set by the pharma industry, the modum system will be well positioned to be deployed in other sectors. modum.io has been approached by leading companies from the following sectors, each of which have overlapping needs with the solutions laid out in our first use case:

Healthcare
     modum.io has been approached by Healthcare institutions to improve their processes (internal and multi-stakeholder) using IoT and blockchain technology.

Chemical industry
     Customers from the chemical industry have similar needs to pharma customers, requiring compliance with similar regulations. Data integrity is an issue, causing customers from the chemical industry to perform more extensive post-delivery checks     
     on their chemicals than they would deem necessary.

Heavy machinery
     Machine building companies need accountability during transport of their high-value components, requiring traceable data for acceleration (shock) and humidity (storage and transport conditions).

Automotive, Aerospace and Aviation
     The automotive, aerospace, and aviation industry needs efficient and auditable systems to prove the authenticity of every single component. Constant performance checks of essential parts serve to reduce liabilities in case of accidents.

Food sector
     Pharma standards and regulations for food safety are closely related, in the United States they are supervised by the same government agency, the FDA. Customers from the food sector are additionally looking into improving their processes,
     providing traceable data in order to market the origin and the quality of their products.

What are the USP/functions of the modum system?
Before shipment occurs, the modum sensor device ID, shipment ID, and alarm criteria are fixed within a shipment-specific smart contract. Upon receipt, this smart contract will allow the receiver to check that regulations have been met. Due to the nature of a smart contract in the blockchain, the evaluation criteria for meeting regulations cannot be changed retroactively.
During the shipment, the change of environmental conditions (i.e. temperature, humidity, movement, etc.), is monitored and the data is stored in the internal flash memory of the sensor device. Using BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), the shipment does not need to be opened to verify the shipment has complied with the environmental parameters set. At each change of ownership, data authenticity is first checked by the smart contract before it is evaluating the data. The results of the evaluation are then stored, immutably, as proof-of-existence in a blockchain.

Do customers need to install additional hardware?
No, customers do not need to install additional hardware to use the system, downloading our mobile application is sufficient. The modum system is also compatible with every other BLE device.

How does modum.io generate revenue?
modum.io will offer its solution in a “pay per shipment” model to pharma producers and wholesaler. During modum.io’s extensive proof-of-concept phase, pilot projects with several customers determined that the modum solution delivered the highest value as a service in last-mile logistics of an overall pharma supply chain. In the EU, more than 200 million of these last-mile shipments occur each year.

Does modum.io have any strategic Partnerships?
Yes, modum.io has several partnerships. We are working with the market leader in parcel services in Switzerland, the owner of Europe’s leading mail order pharmacy, two leading pharma wholesaler and the University of Zurich and the University of St. Gallen.
Activity: 133
Wow, I have read the whitepaper before purchasing some coins in etherdelta and I am thrilled. Innovative solution for supply chain in blockchain, with a product that it is already developed. It has all the ingredients to be a success.

I have some questions: This datalogger solution and this platform is intended to be used in more supply industries appart from medical products? regarding that the datalogger will keep under development to increase the number of enviromental parameters, I think that there are no limits for this solution, to be implemented not only in medical, but also in food, electronics or any kind of good.

Are there any more potential competitors using similar devices?

Do you have telegram group?
do we have any updates on whether Modum has been reaching their milestones (from token sale section in whitepaper), and any updates on current and future business relationships?

So far, 43 different companies have pilot-tested Modum’s system with almost 1,000 shipments. The company anticipates the product will launch commercially during the first quarter of 2018.

THIS IS HUUUUUUGE
That's really huge, thanks for sharing! Where do you have this information from? Price increased nice since yesterday and I am now nearly my ICO price.

You should join Slack for the latest infos:
https://join.slack.com/t/modum-token/shared_invite/enQtMjU1MDc1NDM0MDk5LTEwMDYwZjQ0MGVkYjgzY2YzNjdmNzUxNTk3MGY5YTUwZTBkZTNhOGQzNjJhN2YwY2QyMzhhMWE5MGY2MmU0OTc
Activity: 658
Merit: 129

THIS IS HUUUUUUGE
Activity: 95

THIS IS HUUUUUUGE
Pages:
Jump to: