Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]modum.io - award-winning Swiss startup innovating supply chain operations - page 21. (Read 35378 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Hi

What type of chips and senors will you use?

Cheers
Activity: 1596
Merit: 362
no telegram, no Social MEdia. Sad

Edit: lol, I just realized that one post above yours there's the links to social media.
Activity: 280
 no telegram, no Social MEdia. Sad
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Hey Modum-Team,

i´m one of the happy people who had inveted in the Invite-ICO.

I invested with Bitcoin, before the ICO start at the 1.Sep i would invest a little bit more,... but with a few IOTA.

When i klick the link from the email i got for the Invite-ICO i only see the Bitcoin- and Ethereum-Adress, does it mean i have to wait till the 1. Sept. if i want to invest with IOTA?

-if i want to invest with Bitcoin i just could do another TX to the adress i got for the first invest, or i´m wrong ?

Paying in IOTA will be possible for the 20 selected early access participants and then in the public sale which will start at September 1st at 12:00 CEST.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Hey Modum-Team,

I invested with Bitcoin, before the ICO start at the 1.Sep i would invest a little bit more,... but with a few IOTA.

When i klick the link from the email i got for the Invite-ICO i only see the Bitcoin- and Ethereum-Adress, does it mean i have to wait till the 1. Sept. if i want to invest with IOTA?

-if i want to invest with Bitcoin i just could do another TX to the adress i got for the first invest, or i´m wrong ?

Not modum either, but on the slack channel you can see that they are beta-testing IOTA payments. I assume that only after successfully testing this method they will activate it on the website.

I red this, but if i remember right, they are searching for for 20 new members to give them a chance to invest a little bit earlier with IOTA, and i don´t want to steal someone who isn´t in the INVITE-ICO a spot. Otherwise i will change the IOTA to BTC and invest with this.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 362
Hey Modum-Team,

Not modum either, but on the slack channel you can see that they are beta-testing IOTA payments. I assume that only after successfully testing this method they will activate it on the website.
Activity: 187
Hey Modum-Team,

I am not from the Modum Team but the answer to your 2nd question is yes Smiley I did the same with ETH and it worked, you will also get a confirmation email.

... You can send your Ether and Bitcoin to the deposit addresses from any source, including wallets from any exchange. You can send funds as often as you want.
legendary
Hey Modum-Team,

AMA with IOTA and modum founders happening right now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/comments/6vl57m/iota_modum_ask_us_anything

We look forward to your questions!
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
I will be buying the ICO in order to support the IOTA ecosystem. Good luck with the project and consider giving a bonus for IOTA donations.
Hey Modum-Team,

What's your timeline to bring this technology to the last mile of the transport (in a package to the enduser)?
Or are you focusing on the industrial shipping?

Hey Lyricz

Last mile logistics are typically separated into two stages: From producer to wholesaler and from wholesaler to doctors, hospitals and pharmacies. However, mail-order pharmacies now open up a third stage skipping the pharmacy and are directly delivering to the patient.

Our third pilot involved working together with a third party logistics provider and a mail order pharmacy, integrating our system into their last mile logistics, including end-user delivery.

We chose the pharma industry as our first business case because this sector requires highly automated and cost-effective logistics solutions, which guarantee data integrity. As the pharma industry has one of the highest standards for product safety, security, and stability, it is the ideal candidate to act as a “blockchain-enabler”; having successfully proven a viable blockchain solution with the highest requirements, scaling
into other verticals is feasible.
legendary
Hey Modum-Team,

What's your timeline to bring this technology to the last mile of the transport (in a package to the enduser)?
Or are you focusing on the industrial shipping?
Just looked through your website, great project!
However when you are investigating other blockchains beside ethereum, you should have a look at NEM.
There's already a similar project using the NEM blockchain, luxtag, which specializes in proof of ownership/authenticity.

Hey Grex

We are blockchain agnostic: We are constantly evaluating different technologies.
Let me quote from our token sale website:

The modum smart contracts are not restricted to a single blockchain. Our pilot projects, including those with a large Basel pharmaceutical company and a leading parcel distributor, used the Ethereum platform. Ethereum was chosen for its stability and its simplicity in creating the governing logic of the smart contract execution. However, modum.io remains agnostic in terms of blockchain use in order to avoid dependency on a single platform or limit the preferences of clientele. modum.io is currently testing the integration of other smart contract enabled blockchains.

Thank you for the suggestion!
I have forwareded it to our CTO.
modum token sale to accept IOTA tokens

Hi everyone!

We are very happy to be able to announce the start of a long-term strategic collaboration with IOTA!

The start of this will be the integration of IOTA tokens as a participation possibility in the MOD token sale.

On Wednesday, August 23 modum.io and IOTA will host an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on the IOTA subreddit(https://www.reddit.com/r/Iota/).

We look forward to fielding any and all questions regarding this exciting, new partnership and how the IOTA token can be used in the MOD token sale.

Asked about modum.io, Dominik Schiener says: “It is great to see an IoT and [Suspicious link removed]pany, with a clear go-to market strategy, thinking about utilizing the IOTA infrastructure. modum.io is a blockchain enabler and we are happy to see IOTA be one of the enabling technologies of this project.”

modum.io CEO, Malik El Bay, explains: “Integrating IOTA tokens as a participation possibility for our token sale is just the first step in a long-term strategic partnership. To execute our vision we need a technology for our sensor devices, allowing the transfer of value without charging tremendous transaction fees. For this reason, modum highly values IOTA’s infrastructure and we are aiming to integrate it as soon as possible into the modum system. The IOTA foundation and modum.io will be partnering to deliver a proof-of-concept for our next industry tests and we plan to publish the results by fall 2017.” He continues: “Since we are blockchain agnostic, we are always evaluating different technologies and protocols for our product and IOTA’s innovative approach with the Tangle has put it at the top of our list of technologies.”

More information on the collaboraiton can be found here: https://modum.io/modum-token-sale-to-accept-iota-tokens
Activity: 179
Just looked through your website, great project!
However when you are investigating other blockchains beside ethereum, you should have a look at NEM.
There's already a similar project using the NEM blockchain, luxtag, which specializes in proof of ownership/authenticity.
We have been featured by https://smarticoinvestor.com/modum-ico-review-interview/ with an in-depth review and interview

Modum ICO – IoT & Blockchain Is The Future of Automation

A review + interview of the upcoming Modum ICO
The future is the blockchain. Eventually it will be an invisible, ever present system in our lives.  One of the biggest revolutions in the future will be the integration of the blockchain with other emerging technologies such as self driving cars, Internet-of-Things (IoT) and AI.

I’m a firm believer the next step for blockchain tech is its application to existing corporate business structures to reduce costs and increase efficiency. One of the areas ripe for its application is the global supply chain, as each step from materials to production to retail must be monitored for safety and regulatory purposes. A transparent, immutable blockchain will ensure that companies working together, regulatory bodies and other auditors have access to

(...)
Modum has a working temperature logger ready for corporate application once the token sale ends. The device has already gone through several pilot phases, with the company learning from test cases and modifying the device (data throughput speeds, NFC, dashboard) to allow for greater scale. According to their whitepaper, they claim they can reduce costs per shipment by up to 60% and that if their system is introduced in mass across the 200 million shipments a year, it would save up to 3 billion USD.

(...)

Conclusion
I like Modum, it’s a tailored solution that solves a specifc use case and will lower costs for “last mile” logistics providers. More so, as their components will be pharma grade, they will be easily adaptable for other spheres of business. In my initial writeup of Modum, I was wrong in my approach, their hardware/IoT development path will continue and be adopted for other requirements in other industries. The business has legs in my opinion and I will be extremely interested in how their token sale goes.

no project bounties?

Thanks for your interest
We don't have a signature or social media campaign, BUT we will soon release our bug bounty program for developers.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Crypto connoisseur.
Activity: 334
great project ,count me in.

I am really convinced of this project. Wish you good luck! :-)

Thanks for your interest and compliments!

By the way, we have an official subreddit where we regularly post news: www.reddit.com/r/modum_io

look nice project ,already add to my watch list .keep your hard work ,thanks sir !
Pages:
Jump to: