Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin - page 21. (Read 178225 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 31, 2014, 07:52:49 PM
Why don't you SCRAP HUNTERCOIN and come over to MOTOCOIN!

If  HUNTERCOIN is so special then why do you need / feel a desire to merge with MOTOCOIN?
Obviously there is something special about motocoin's devs and this project which you want to use as a hearse to trolly your reprehensible blockchain back from Hades where it belongs!

There's no reason to take this sort of tone against HUC.  Don't forget that my name was in the HUC commit log before MOTO launched, so I am technically a dev for both!   Wink

I'm very happy to see BAC and Domob in our thread, please don't scare them off.  There are obvious reasons for "alignment" between HUC and MOTO (though a "merger" is probably not the right approach to it) and I don't want to foster some false notion of competition between the two communities.  We'll all be better off by focusing on working together, not at odds.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
October 31, 2014, 06:54:06 PM
I'm bored so i'm going to try to make some skins. It'll be inspired by Minecraft. (The dirt and the grass)
If this becomes really big next year then we should make a Halloween skin.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
October 31, 2014, 02:49:25 PM
Barely any buys nor sells this week, it's not going anywhere it seems.

Ofcourse that could change with some new developments. How about some volume on C-Cex. We need more marketmakers.

People don't wanna sell them any lower because the concept of MOTO is original and it can still skyrocket. Others don't wanna buy because there's bots in play and no marketing yet.

Where will it go ...  Shocked 
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 30, 2014, 09:21:19 AM
What are the current plans?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
October 28, 2014, 03:33:21 PM
A merge isn't quite possible between these two coins... They are different and serve different purposes, and have different mechanisms. And last time I checked, you needed HUC to enter the game. on MOTO, you can enter without any "fees"
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
October 28, 2014, 05:41:23 AM
I say scrap the Motocoin project and come on over to the Huntercoin project.

We have more power together because as of right now both are kind of down.  Might be a good merger Tongue

Why don't you SCRAP HUNTERCOIN and come over to MOTOCOIN!

If  HUNTERCOIN is so special then why do you need / feel a desire to merge with MOTOCOIN?
Obviously there is something special about motocoin's devs and this project which you want to use as a hearse to trolly your reprehensible blockchain back from Hades where it belongs!
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
October 28, 2014, 03:52:58 AM
Huntercoin is still proof-of-play because there is proof that you played the game in the blockchain. But it isn't the only thing keeping the blockchain afloat. (Miners)

Yes, but in HUC, the "proof-of-play" is only used to decide about the coin distribution, not for securing the chain.  This is done purely by PoW (with dual algo).  In Moto, proof-of-play is used for both functions.  In HMC's "proof-of-play" discussion thread, he calls the former "human-minable" and the latter "proof-of-play", which IMHO makes sense.  Not important for here, though. Wink
legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 28, 2014, 03:24:03 AM

We have more power together because as of right now both are kind of down.  Might be a good merger Tongue
It would be cool if we merged, only problem is that it takes ages to download your blockchain. (last time I checked)

But we could just get the wallet to download each blockchain separately and basically have 2 wallets in 1.

I think there's merit in having both (even though I only use Huntercoin personally).  Moto is actually different in spirit, in HMC's terms Moto is "proof-of-play" while Huntercoin is "human-minable".
Huntercoin is still proof-of-play because there is proof that you played the game in the blockchain. But it isn't the only thing keeping the blockchain afloat. (Miners)
legendary
October 28, 2014, 03:05:59 AM

It would be cool if we merged, only problem is that it takes ages to download your blockchain. (last time I checked)

But we could just get the wallet to download each blockchain separately and basically have 2 wallets in 1.

I think there's merit in having both (even though I only use Huntercoin personally).  Moto is actually different in spirit, in HMC's terms Moto is "proof-of-play" while Huntercoin is "human-minable".
legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 28, 2014, 03:04:33 AM

legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 28, 2014, 03:01:32 AM
How about developing some services for this coin then people are actually gonna use it.
Perhaps there should be a feature in the game so that players need to spend MOTO's too. To get to a next level or to increase rewards temporarily.
Those coins can then be distributed through POS and a % should go in a fund to reward people that help to promote or do developing tasks.
That could work. At first I was thinking "people could just bypass the spending to play for free" but then I realised that we could make it so that their maps are generated from their transaction. We could make it so that they only get 20 blocks to try to beat the game and then they need to pay again.
Yes, that's perfectly possible - a bit like cost for player creation in Huntercoin.  Whether or not it is a good idea, I don't know.
I actually really like the idea. It's a bit like gambling. If there isn't any risk involved to losing some of your coins then there seems to be no point to playing. But if there is risk involved, then people keep playing. It gives them an adrenalin rush.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
October 28, 2014, 03:01:11 AM

legendary
October 28, 2014, 02:27:15 AM
How about developing some services for this coin then people are actually gonna use it.
Perhaps there should be a feature in the game so that players need to spend MOTO's too. To get to a next level or to increase rewards temporarily.
Those coins can then be distributed through POS and a % should go in a fund to reward people that help to promote or do developing tasks.
That could work. At first I was thinking "people could just bypass the spending to play for free" but then I realised that we could make it so that their maps are generated from their transaction. We could make it so that they only get 20 blocks to try to beat the game and then they need to pay again.
Yes, that's perfectly possible - a bit like cost for player creation in Huntercoin.  Whether or not it is a good idea, I don't know.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 27, 2014, 06:21:37 PM
October 24, 2014, 03:46:52 PM
incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?

then it kicks me out, it doesn't even want to go into an empty wallet anymore...
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
October 23, 2014, 04:26:07 PM
legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 23, 2014, 04:07:28 PM
Block explorer from OP doesn't work.
Error!

Can't connect to bitcoind to get live updates from the p2p network. (Tried connecting to bitcoind at 127.0.0.1:13107 and failed.)
We already know about this issue. Hopefully it will get fixed soon,
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
October 23, 2014, 05:29:55 AM
Block explorer from OP doesn't work.
Error!

Can't connect to bitcoind to get live updates from the p2p network. (Tried connecting to bitcoind at 127.0.0.1:13107 and failed.)
October 23, 2014, 02:07:26 AM
what do you mean relaunch. and as to my suggestions of revamping it, i'd love to do the graphics but id need some guidance. it needs i believe to be a smartphone app and the zoom level should be so that the rider takes a proportionately large area of the display ... the colours need to be richer and some personality needs to be added to this game for it to get anywhere. though lol

legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 22, 2014, 04:04:56 PM
I think we might need a relaunch. I don't think anyone wants to play because the bots have already been playing for months.
Pages:
Jump to: