Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin - page 22. (Read 178225 times)

Vz
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
October 22, 2014, 11:13:48 AM
Somebody want 1/6 of all coins on c-cex. 1 BTC wall. Grin

It is mine.. Moto'll never die..

I pumped price up on 0.0000 0011!!
Activity: 127
Merit: 101
October 22, 2014, 09:38:09 AM
Somebody want 1/6 of all coins on c-cex. 1 BTC wall. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
October 20, 2014, 03:40:01 PM
Moto needs volume on C-Cex. Not risking delisting whatsoever but shouldn't get in that zone.
Activity: 882
Merit: 250
October 20, 2014, 12:41:46 PM
it just loaded and showed around 122000 coins in it
however the motocoinqt wallet said runtime error 13
and it couldnt stick around
... m no
30 000 that's off by a long shot unless someone can plunder wallets in this coin...

If the wallet wasn't loaded correctly you can try to back it up, and then run the motocoin client with the -salvagewallet command

yes that will do the trick and will work again.
Activity: 434
October 20, 2014, 12:32:34 PM
thanks unamis I will try that, but how do I do that in windows if its a icon on the desktop.

The short answer is that you either need to run the .exe directly from the windows command prompt with the extra argument, or you will need to make a .bat or .cmd file which runs the wallet with the extra argument.  In any case make sure you are running it with a secondary copy of the wallet file, since it could hypothetically further corrupt the wallet and make the situation worse than it is.  Back up your wallet file securely and often.  This should be your number one rule for any crypto currency anyway.   Wink

I'd like to avoid turning this into a windows support thread so for some details of how to do some general things on your computer you will have to do a bit of Google.  (We can't teach you to computer, this is not an appropriate venue for it.) 

Now that you can read the wallet at all you should take pause and do some accounting.  With the wallet file loaded and the client synced, go over your transaction history shown and determine what addresses/coins that wallet file has access to.  If it is missing some of your coins, you'll want to make a separate list of addresses/coins that you know are yours but are not on your first list.  Hopefully -salvagewallet will make the first list longer and the second list shorter, but the odds are probably against you.  However, if anything is left on the second list you have some more work to do.  You'll want to cross-check against block explorer and deposit/withdraw history on hosted-wallet services like exchanges to determine if any missing coins are missing because they are in another of your wallets, or missing because they were never sent to you at all.   In the first case you'll want to find any missing wallet files and consolidate into one wallet, and in the second case you'll want to contact the service's support.  (We also can't be your accountants.)

In no case has your wallet been "plundered" unless someone else has your wallet keys.  Also, if this were the case, you would see the outgoing transactions in the chain and could attempt to investigate from there.  However, this is even more work that you'd mostly be on your own to handle.  (We certainly can't be your detectives or police!)

Best of luck.  We're rooting for you.  We've mostly all been there, and we know how much it sucks.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
October 20, 2014, 11:49:17 AM
thanks unamis I will try that, but how do I do that in windows if its a icon on the desktop.
My linux is nuked and the dvd drive and usb isn't being read either.. sigh
sigh sigh le sigh sigh sigh, lol
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
October 20, 2014, 10:50:54 AM
and it couldnt stick around
... m no
30 000 that's off by a long shot unless someone can plunder wallets in this coin...

If the wallet wasn't loaded correctly you can try to back it up, and then run the motocoin client with the -salvagewallet command
October 20, 2014, 10:35:46 AM
and it couldnt stick around / it flitted out of existence but I was surprised to finally see the amount mentioned in the wallet
 Smiley

... m no
30 000 that's off by a long shot unless someone can plunder wallets in this cryptocoin LOLZ!...
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
October 19, 2014, 07:57:55 PM
i jsut replaced it with my wallet.dat and now it says it can't get a lock on the appdata directory. WTF
LOL!
omfg!
i should try it in linux but my linux install on my laptop is messed and the USB and the dvd don't work so I can't reinstall linux. HO HUM let me try the desktoplinux
reboot time AGAIN lool!
what a joke lol

Hmm... You could try this:   (On Windows)

Make Motocoin NOT start on system login. (It's in the settings of the wallet, just uncheck the box)

Then restart your computer. (Don't start the wallet after you login)
Then click start and type in the text box at the bottom of the start menu "%appdata%" without the quotation marks (" ").
Click on the motocoin folder. Replace the wallet.dat file in there with your backed up one.
Now you can start the wallet.

The good news is that you wallet.dat has at least 31k in it. The bad news is that you may not have your 100k in it.
See here: http://37.153.97.65:3000/address/MoiXtgHs2gyus8f9BmGj5gTp3xm7u5w3JAM
legendary
October 19, 2014, 03:55:42 PM
i jsut replaced it with my wallet.dat and now it says it can't get a lock on the appdata directory. WTF
LOL!
omfg!
i should try it in linux but my linux install on my laptop is messed and the USB and the dvd don't work so I can't reinstall linux. HO HUM let me try the desktoplinux
reboot time AGAIN lool!
what a joke lol

On Linux you can try in your home folder... There should be a hidden .motocoin folder. You can see it running ls -a on that folder, in the terminal.
October 19, 2014, 03:40:48 PM
LOL!
omfg!
reboot time AGAIN lool!
what a joke lol
legendary
October 19, 2014, 03:22:00 PM
debug.log dir?
okay Ill try and find that... Smiley
I'll keep you psoted LOL!

I'm in windows where is the debug.log dir?
where si the local user datadir?
i dont know windows at all...
and in linux should it be on the destkop
but the question now is where in windwos is the local userdir?
SIGH!!!!
lol

On Windows, just run %appdata%, and there you'll find the Motocoin dir. Inside, you can place the wallet.dat file Smiley
October 19, 2014, 03:06:14 PM
debug.log dir?
okay Ill try and find that... Smiley
I'll keep you psoted LOL!

I'm in windows where is the debug.log dir?
where si the local user datadir?
i dont know windows at all...
and in linux should it be on the destkop
but the question now is where in windwos is the local userdir?
SIGH!!!!
lol
Activity: 434
October 19, 2014, 01:07:15 PM
I'm not sure what to do.
And as to your instructions, I'm not sure how to do those either. a bit confused, sorry.

Are you sure that you are putting the wallet.dat file into your local user datadir and not the same place as the .exe itself?  The wallet.dat needs to be in the datadir, the same place that debug.log gets written to, not the directory of the wallet software itself.

Are you 100% sure that the wallet.dat file that you have is the correct one and actually contains that address?  You could use something like pywallet with --dumpwallet to see what keys the wallet actually holds.
October 19, 2014, 08:35:15 AM
the wallet address is

MoiXtgHs2gyus8f9BmGj5gTp3xm7u5w3JAM

the wallet has 103 402 or some such in it, then I bought another + - 24 000 and sent it but it never reached the wallet since i couldn't get the wallet to sync
now i have a motocoin-qt in windows not linux, the thing is syncing but now the wallet.dat isn't loading so there's 00 MOTO in the wallet, nevermind the missing transaction...
I'm not sure what to do.
And as to your instructions, I'm not sure how to do those either. a bit confused, sorry.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 19, 2014, 06:24:33 AM
so it must be wallet.dat?
ill delete and restart wallet
but theres over 100 000 in lol
but its a new version of qt...
le sigh!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKED UP THE WALLET.DAT!!!!

And don't delete all of the files. Just check wallet address, then move the wallet.dat. Restart wallet. Check that address is different. Then shut down wallet and then delete newly generated wallet.dat. And replace it with old one. Start wallet again. Check that address is the same as the first time. If it is, then whatever balance is displayed is what you have in there. (If wallet is synced)

What is your wallet.dat's address?
October 19, 2014, 06:21:28 AM
so it must be wallet.dat?
ill delete and restart wallet
but theres over 100 000 in lol
but its a new version of qt...
le sigh!

its not working
I have the original wallet.dat file
ive renamed it, altered in no other way, it used to work
now its not working
the motoccoin-qt in win says 00 coins but the wallet.dat with 103 000 coins in it is not showing...
its in the dir.
i donno what to do.
i bought another 25 000 and sent it to the adress in the wallet.dat which isn't showing... Sad
lol
legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 19, 2014, 05:30:54 AM
how do I "add the wallet.dat"?
ther isn't a menu item that says: add wallet
its added in the dir but its not loading, lol wtf.

What do you mean it's not loading?
Did you delete the other wallet.dat before you copied it over? (It may be called wallet(2).dat)
How do you know it hasn't loaded? Check the address of the wallet.dat in the dir. Then stop the wallet, and delete it (make sure you have an original copy of your wallet somewhere). the paste it in again and start the wallet back up. If your address is the same and your wallet has been synced then I'm sorry, there is nothing wrong. Whatever balance is shown is the balance you have in your wallet.dat
October 19, 2014, 05:23:13 AM
how do I "add the wallet.dat"?
ther isn't a menu item that says: add wallet
its added in the dir but its not loading, lol wtf.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
October 18, 2014, 11:03:53 PM
why can't bots be determined?
can't player movements on the blockchain be recorded so the predictability can be mapped?

a question
can you please add a function in motocoin-qt that allows me to import a wallet.dat file
coz i put my .dat wallet in all the motocoin dirs in windows and its not showing, though the wallet is syncing, thank goodness, OLOL
does the wallet need a specific name?
shouldn't there be a load wallet menu item in the menu? so u can load .dat files manually inside the wallet itself?
please add this functionality, its very necesarily I believe..

Wait for the wallet to be fully synced and then add the wallet.dat. Maybe your transactions haven't been loaded (synced) yet.

As for the bot question, I'm sure that would slow down syncing considerable because then everyone would need to essentially generate hundreds of plays for the map and if one of them matches the replay, don't accept it. But that would only work if you have the same algorithm for playing the map as the bot owner is using to get blocks. Its pretty much impossible. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: