Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 103. (Read 131236 times)

F2b
Activity: 2127
Merit: 926
Skypool is unofficial third-party software. You can find the official Nimiq Windows Miner here.
Sorry, I forgot to say that, but yes, thank you.

Looking forward to the official pool ! Edit: just saw the blog update, great work as usual!
Activity: 251
Merit: 6

Blog Update
Pool Mining, Exchanges, Ledger Promo, NIM Activation from NET

The Nimiq Blockchain keeps growing stronger, block by block, minute by minute. With so much happening, it is time for an update — this is a bulky one, let's get started.

Have very bad hashrate with intel i7 5820x , which miner you must use for windows 10 x64 ? .

Check here : https://github.com/skypool-org/skypool-nimiq-miner/releases/

It depends if you have AVX2 (or AVX512F) or no. I didn't check for you, but there are several ways to know it.

If it doesn't have AVX2, then use the latest release (1.1.3).
If not, I guess you should use the v 1.0.0 (fast or extreme) but I'm really sure.

To verify if it's working properly, the compat version 1.0.0 makes around 2x more than the browser official miner. So with the last version, it should be more. Running Linux, the version 1.0.0 makes around 3/4x the browser hashrate, and the last version (still on Linux) makes 4/5x the browser's hashrate.
I don't know if it's useful for you, but if it can help...

Skypool is unofficial third-party software. You can find the official Nimiq Windows Miner here.
F2b
Have very bad hashrate with intel i7 5820x , which miner you must use for windows 10 x64 ? .

Check here : https://github.com/skypool-org/skypool-nimiq-miner/releases/

It depends if you have AVX2 (or AVX512F) or no. I didn't check for you, but there are several ways to know it.

If it doesn't have AVX2, then use the latest release (1.1.3).
If not, I guess you should use the v 1.0.0 (fast or extreme) but I'm really sure.

To verify if it's working properly, the compat version 1.0.0 makes around 2x more than the browser official miner. So with the last version, it should be more. Running Linux, the version 1.0.0 makes around 3/4x the browser hashrate, and the last version (still on Linux) makes 4/5x the browser's hashrate.
I don't know if it's useful for you, but if it can help...

Edit : Skypool miner is unofficial and is NOT open source. See this post.
Activity: 504
Merit: 137
Nope.
if i buy NET right now and send it to convert to NIM , what time expecting to actually convert it?
I understand NET still trading for 6 months , but i dont understand that NET value is zero because you cant convert it or something
In simple words, if i buy NET now and convert it to NIM , when i actually get NIM tokens )

Instantly.
https://activation.nimiq.com/#welcome
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Activity: 148
Merit: 0
if i buy NET right now and send it to convert to NIM , what time expecting to actually convert it?
I understand NET still trading for 6 months , but i dont understand that NET value is zero because you cant convert it or something
In simple words, if i buy NET now and convert it to NIM , when i actually get NIM tokens )
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Why is there no new mining client for windows? Sad

New one released that dramatically improves hashing. Version 1.13 for Skypool. Very stable too.

See Git:

https://github.com/skypool-org/skypool-nimiq-miner/releases
Activity: 110
Merit: 1
I also used the ICO to get some tokens, even though the price went down, I still believe that looking at this long term is the way to go. I cannot believe the price will fall when this launches..   21 million coins total is a good number I think.  This crypto is the most easy to use ever. Just share a link to your friends and they are using it instantly. That will be the game changer I think. I'm buying NET for sure at this moment.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000
Why is there no new mining client for windows? Sad
So NET is still being traded now? Isn't that confusing as NIM should now be the main coin to get?

NET will remain tradable for a while to allow users to get NET and activate NIM. We are working hard to get NIM into an exchange as soon as possible. Is a bit more complex than listing an ERC20 token (Ethereum Based) since NIM has its own blockchain.
Great mainnet post on Medium, being added on Ledger will be super cool. Does the team plan to do a security/code review on the wallet, or the web browser?

Yes. we are actually widening our bug bounty program to include those apps. More on this in another blog post soon Wink
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
So NET is still being traded now? Isn't that confusing as NIM should now be the main coin to get?
Activity: 34
Merit: 2
Helping the blockchain world build secure++ stuff!
Great mainnet post on Medium, being added on Ledger will be super cool. Does the team plan to do a security/code review on the wallet, or the web browser?
legendary
Official pool mining script released on GitHub.

https://twitter.com/nimiq/status/990312191256559618
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Will NET become NIM and then the latest will adopt the value of the first one on exchange?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
People stepping out at a bottom: always entertaining  Roll Eyes
legendary
I think I will be pulling out my capital on this investment until closer to December.  I don't doubt the project will be a success but I see no reason to tie my money up with this project until then.  The price has been floundering around which says a lot about the where it is headed for the rest of September, October, and early November.  I'll check back in on this later.

And you took time out of your day to post this FUD because........
F2b
Vote for Nimiq to be added in Ledger

As we commented in the Nimiq Blog, we have completed support for Ledger Hardware wallets in Nimiq. All that remains is for Ledger to review our application and to add it.

I just voted. Everyone please vote, Nimiq has a place in the Ledger HW Wallets!
Jump to: