Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 109. (Read 131236 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
the fact that Nimiq implemented KYC means that it can be traded on compliant Exchanges. it's going to be a huge advantage in the future
Activity: 251
Merit: 6

Mainnet Release Candidate
Security, Features, Release Plan

After months of further development and hardening, the release candidate for the Nimiq Mainnet is ready to go live. In our latest blog post are the technical details

Activity: 621
Merit: 250
I can quit and run other command, can you help me find a command that works for me for nodes?
Activity: 462
no need for mainnet during this bear market... better be launch and be listed when poeple start to have fomo
Activity: 251
Merit: 6
I would need some advice. I have some pc's here from friends where they asked me to set up the nodejs backbone miner. What is the best way to do this? They don't have a static IP, as they're at my place now.

There is a step by step guide in our community site. However, we are going to release official installers for Linux soon so if you want you can set up a Ubuntu or Red Hat server and stay tuned Wink.
Activity: 621
I would need some advice. I have some pc's here from friends where they asked me to set up the nodejs backbone miner. What is the best way to do this? They don't have a static IP, as they're at my place now.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
better to start with mainnet 1 month later, because the market is at this moment not so good

To delay the public release just because of the current market situation is imho a bit short sighted...

I disagree. As an analogy, I would urge you to look up the influence of market conditions on IPOs. Market conditions can be either a booster or a retarder to any asset, especially during its initial price forming stage. Intrinsic value is a long-term attribute of an asset.

That's why I said short sighted.  Wink

I understand what you meant. I did not understand why you suggest that the creators should take a sentiment risk when the price to avoid it is likely negligible. If anything, dissuading short-term flippers should be a good thing.
Activity: 504
Merit: 137
Nope.
better to start with mainnet 1 month later, because the market is at this moment not so good

To delay the public release just because of the current market situation is imho a bit short sighted...

I disagree. As an analogy, I would urge you to look up the influence of market conditions on IPOs. Market conditions can be either a booster or a retarder to any asset, especially during its initial price forming stage. Intrinsic value is a long-term attribute of an asset.

That's why I said short sighted.  Wink
Activity: 13

Nope.
This coin is nothing short of a scam,

They used all the ICO funds for their jungle parties and when people want to convert the coins to the so called mainnet, they have included a KYC blockade...when any honest business would do KYC before using the funds  

Most ICO investors who have held for almost a year now are burnt because of this team's shady self centered policy of spending all users funds on their parties,
and asking for KYC at the end when all the coins have been spent

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM  

Now all the projects are carried out by KYC, the whole industry is conducting it, these are the requirements of the regulator .

So it should be conducted before taking money in the ICO so that people can skip it
When the ICO there was no KYC, they have used all the coins and the money raised to party hard and when people are waiting for over  year holding onto their coins, there is a round of ICO... lol its crazy how people justify this

Any transparent product would have raised money BEFORE doing the ico like all coins have been doing for a long time now.
Not close to a year after the ICO ...

It was possible to withdraw your money (NET) the whole time - in fact you are still able to trade NET.
tbh ... For me, all your accusations towards the team are just reflecting your stupidity.

Speaking of transparency ... how many ICOs do you know which update their progress via vlog?
Activity: 26
3 days left for Q1 2018. No pressure  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Any transparent product would have raised money BEFORE doing the ico like all coins have been doing for a long time now.

The environment has changed the last 9 months. And KYC is one important aspect that was not part of, but is now mandatory for, ICO related stuff. Time has moved on. It's just the way it is.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

They used all the ICO funds for their jungle parties and when people want to convert the coins to the so called mainnet, they have included a KYC blockade...when any honest business would do KYC before using the funds  

Most ICO investors who have held for almost a year now are burnt because of this team's shady self centered policy of spending all users funds on their parties,

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM  

Now all the projects are carried out by KYC, the whole industry is conducting it, these are the requirements of the regulator .

So it should be conducted before taking money in the ICO so that people can skip it
When the ICO there was no KYC, they have used all the coins and the money raised to party hard and when people are waiting for over  year holding onto their coins, there is a round of ICO... lol its crazy how people justify this

Nope.

To delay the public release just because of the current market situation is imho a bit short sighted. But I really want to avoid to have any issues/bugs in the whole eco-system. Therefor I am happy to wait a couple of weeks/months more to really make sure everything is perfect.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Activity: 167
Are there any other good Argon2d coins we can mine in the mean time so our miners don't get too lazy waiting?
Activity: 210
I only got like small fraction of BTC, 😂😂😂 the rest is pure NIM captive-dormant-power-cooling-potential Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Activity: 168
was the big'ole recovery phrase we were given during activation, for our account, or for that specific nim wallet? Huh Huh
Activity: 742
Merit: 529

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM  

Now all the projects are carried out by KYC, the whole industry is conducting it, these are the requirements of the regulator .
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM  
Jump to: