Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 168. (Read 131135 times)

Activity: 687
Merit: 509
how can i export private key in browser?
Activity: 700
Merit: 254
Sorry for pointing this out. If release if December, why promoting sooooo much earlier?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'm feeling very positive about this project as most of the guys here.

I also do understand the skeptic view from Abyss_X but I just think that NIMQ can make an access for everyone (even people who are not tech affine) to the mining and to the blockchain.
There must be a large number of people who want to earn a "quick buck" while opening a tab. Just look at the people who gets money for reading emails or clicking links to shitty advertisings. Those people will be probably really excited "to get into this cryptocoin-thing" and make some "virtual-money". And this is just one point I think which can make NIMIQ big.

Can't wait for the ICO  Cool

The enthusiasm of the masses can only be achieved and more importantly sustained if the browser by default will mine to a let's say "factory pool", and the wallet balance is not displayed as 0.00 but 0.00000 (sorry I don't know how to describe that unit in english). Because a typical laymen newcomer (my mom) won't open two instances of Chrome, two Opera, plus FF to get better hashrate, just one. And won't tweak the GPU for sure. And quickly will lose interest if nothing is showing up in their balance in ten minutes. Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"
So I think it need to be a factory pool by default. And for the hardcore miners there should be an option to send their shares elsewhere or mine alone.

I think this is a good idea and a pretty good example with "Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"". Maybe a nice looking and interactive chat with a "toplist who mined the most time today", a livechat and "bigger numbers" could motivate them more. Anyway, I like nimiq already!  Cheesy

My laptop is burning up too. I decided if few cents are worth than burnt thighs and closed it. No one wants a buck per day for so much trouble please. And still people will pay millions to get this token.

The Betanet is just a demo of what we are building: The Nimiq Blockchain. It is Open Source and you can find it in our GitHub repository. The idea behind building a Browser-based Blockchain is that it will lower barriers of entry for users, merchants and developers. The Nimiq Blockchain is not only easy to use but is also easy to develop with. You can see that is true because even as we are "fresh", there is already available the first Nimiq Faucet, which was developed by the community and not by us.

We aim for a Browser-based Blockchain Ecosystem. We are building a strong community to achieve that. All those ideas are possible, just fork our repo and start coding Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
This project looks really promising and it's easily accessible. Trying to mine with my laptop, i wont go anywhere but i'll try again with more H/rate power!
Activity: 523
Merit: 300

I also do understand the skeptic view from Abyss_X but I just think that NIMQ can make an access for everyone (even people who are not tech affine) to the mining and to the blockchain.
There must be a large number of people who want to earn a "quick buck" while opening a tab. Just look at the people who gets money for reading emails or clicking links to shitty advertisings. Those people will be probably really excited "to get into this cryptocoin-thing" and make some "virtual-money". And this is just one point I think which can make NIMIQ big.

The enthusiasm of the masses can only be achieved and more importantly sustained if the browser by default will mine to a let's say "factory pool", and the wallet balance is not displayed as 0.00 but 0.00000 (sorry I don't know how to describe that unit in english). Because a typical laymen newcomer (my mom) won't open two instances of Chrome, two Opera, plus FF to get better hashrate, just one. And won't tweak the GPU for sure. And quickly will lose interest if nothing is showing up in their balance in ten minutes. Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"
So I think it need to be a factory pool by default. And for the hardcore miners there should be an option to send their shares elsewhere or mine alone.

I think this is a good idea and a pretty good example with "Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"". Maybe a nice looking and interactive chat with a "toplist who mined the most time today", a livechat and "bigger numbers" could motivate them more. Anyway, I like nimiq already!  Cheesy

My laptop is burning up too. I decided if few cents are worth than burnt thighs and closed it. No one wants a buck per day for so much trouble please. And still people will pay millions to get this token.
Activity: 124

I think this is a good idea and a pretty good example with "Even a mere 0.0001 NIM is enough. "My laptop only got louder and warmer son, nothing else happened, is that the bright future?"". Maybe a nice looking and interactive chat with a "toplist who mined the most time today", a livechat and "bigger numbers" could motivate them more. Anyway, I like nimiq already!  Cheesy
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Looks like a neat project.
However, there is barely any 3rd party coverage (reviews, articles) about your project. Is that intentional?
Is this just VERY fresh? If so, ICO already?
Activity: 124

Can't wait for the ICO  Cool
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Good morning all,

maybe it was answered already but i am not sure i really understand the use case of this project. So the infos i got from the webpage:

- new coin accessable and minable from browser
- only used for easy transactions so your mom can do it

OK and thats the goal? Why should anyone use this, do someone really think his mom go to the nimiq webpage (or any other) and buy some stuff with nimiqs which are accepted nowhere or take part at any ethereum smart contract which is all nerd stuff?  If this is the whole roadmap i can not understand the euporia about this.

- What are the long term goals?
- Which projects will use this product?
- Are there partnerships with companys?
- Is there any real use case except to send nimiq from one wallet to another?

Would be helpfull to get some answers which help to decide its worth an Investment or not.

regards
Activity: 166
Mining in the browser right now but not going to have any coins for awhile can you send some to me?

TestNet address: 21DD3C9DC8D35209E5D0C1CD7358FE6BA52DAE58
this platform is very very interesting

Thanks, the Betanet is a demonstration of the possibilities of a Browser-based Blockchain. As of now a Faucet developed by a community member is also available. This shows how our approach to Internet-native Blockchain lower barriers of entry to Developers as well. You can check our GitHub for more, also here is an html demonstrating the most simple way to build web applications on top of the Nimiq Blockchain.

Activity: 123
Ahhh! Thanks I should have just clicked the block
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
this platform is very very interesting
Do we have a link for a blockexplorer?

Just click in the Block Number

And the Block Explorer will appear.

Then select any Block to see details.

Do we have a link for a blockexplorer?
give me your address I'll try to send some coins

Here you go FA426BBD8CE5F26D5D2884A90CD5042E94E05CE5  Cheesy

I sent 10 to you with no fee, it says estimated 1 minutes, passed 1 mintue, lets see how long it takes

Took about 10 minutes to send.

I sent 10 to you with no fee, it says estimated 1 minutes, passed 1 mintue, lets see how long it takes
My Testnet address:
A9E9D2679CDFB98AA88759EB4C0A1FD6871C0FE6

Lets test this work out!
  Cheesy

Jump to: