Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 170. (Read 131135 times)

legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
are you guys going to adjust the exchange rate of 
- first 2 weeks: 1 ETH = 175 NET
- Last 2 weeks: 1 ETH = 125 NET

because you state
Our calculations were based on a conservative price range of $250-300/ETH.

current ETH prices are around ~$360.

Also whats the point of NET besides trading 10 NET = 1 NIM?
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
How many NIMIQ tokens will there be?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
It takes about 4 hours for me to get a block. What is the average time or how long does it take you to get a block?  Smiley
Activity: 1386
Merit: 255
Wow, this is too good to be true lols. ANyway congrats for having this unique and awesome idea. By the way, any plans to have a social media bounty, or signature campaign promotion? This is the secret and the key of successful ICOs.

Hello everyone, correct me If I am wrong. Did I understood it right. You mean using NIMIQ we can monetize any person's computer using their browser thru mining? Will it work to any type of browser? Even mobile browser?

Yes, go ahead and try our Betanet. We plan to release our Mainnet in December with significant improvements like increased connection time (by lowering the required connection data) and instant low-fee transactions.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
won't this blockchain be destroyed from GPU and ASIC mining?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
@Dev

Thank you for the detailed replies, everything is clearer now. Could you please share the address / phone number of your office?

Also, if part of the 5% of NIM are not sold, what happens to them?
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Just a T-shirt? Come on now, how many people like to walk around with a marketing T-shirt? That is more off promotion for yourselfs more then it is a reward for someone who put time, effort and money (via power) into beta testing. Isn't there a way to reward people with 1000+ Beta Nimiqs with 0,5x real Nimiqs or something? That would make it worthwhile.
Activity: 154
I mined a bit for the beta network. What can I do with the 50 coins I earned there? Can I exchange them or better safe them or are they useless at all?

You can visit our Telegram or Slack groups and ask for some more Nimiq, maybe contribute a little longer and get some more. We are rewarding Betanet contributors that gather 1000 Nimiq with a T-Shirt  Wink
botnets are going to be all over this... i dont see a way to block them Sad
what about simple spyware, infected browser with corrupted homepages, those sad slaves will give it everything they got...

That's my concern. If websites start embedding the miner then I imagine popup blockers or even the browsers themselves will take steps to prevent the function of this coin. If the wallet/transaction system is separate that wouldn't be the worst thing. But if they aren't it'd remove the main purpose of the coin.

The main purpose of Nimiq is not to allow people to mine using their browser but to allow new comers of Crypto begin doing commerce without any installation just by opening a webpage. It is just a demo of the possibilities and potencial of the Nimiq Technology and the Nimiq Team, by no means is intended as a final product. We have much ahead in our roadmap, the Betanet is only a taste of what's to come  Wink.

You can check more information about our plans in our Youtube Channel and our Blog
maybe because it's still beta the mining hash looks fast or.. extremely new tech and Innovation, but how can we backup our account balance ? I couldn't find the priv key or some kind of it

if you are using chrome then the wallet might be stored in %localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
i couldnt find it either, i guess the betanet is not designed to move/backup the wallet

What steps are going to be put in place to prevent the hashrate being eaten up by botnets?

If the plan is to allow websites to bundle the code into websites what steps will be taken to ensure Chrome/Firefox/IE from blocking the javascript as malicious?

botnets are going to be all over this... i dont see a way to block them Sad
what about simple spyware, infected browser with corrupted homepages, those sad slaves will give it everything they got...

If you are using Chrome the wallet is stored with WebStorageAPI using IndexDB.

With the Browser-based approach we aim at ease-of-use and mass adoption. In comparison to conventional cryptocurrencies, this browser-first approach lowers barriers of entry by orders of magnitudes for developers, customers and merchants. The technology to connect to a Blockchain network just by using a light client in your Browser (or a server with NodeJS) without any installation required is revolutionary and will create a new niche of applications over the Internet. We don't mean to provide or own every tool Nimiq-related, we intend to create an Ecosystem of applications and a strong community that benefits from it.
How can transfer my wallet from one PC to another?
Mining is on block 7919. is it test project?
Why would you do that? Everything that is being mined at this stage is appearantly useless. It has 0 value and all you have in your wallet will be reset before or during their ICO or something. So you are wasting your electricity power and hardware for nothing.

It is true that the current Betanet Nimiq are just for testing purposes only and hold no intrinsic value since they will be reset once the Mainnet arrives. However if you feel like contributing by testing our Betanet and you happen to gather some Nimiqs along the way we are rewarding Betanet Miners that help us test our Blockchain. After our Token Sale due June 28th takes places, we will also publish a Nimiq Address for you to send your Betanet Nimiq, by sending 1000 Betanet Nimiq we will collect your data and send you a Nimiq T-Shirt  Cool.
@Dev, thanks for the prompt replies.

What entities will be in control of the domain and web application used for mining, once the mainnet is pushed?

Hi
Great question!
It should be asked before.
Anyway I also would like see the answer from dev or anyone responsible for that!
And the issue is
important for everyone
wants to get in with first ever browser based mining system in cryptocurrency project.

Thanks!

The Nimiq Blockchain is a fully-decentralized Network and we encourage devs to check our GitHub repository and create your own browser-miners, wallet applications and whatever interesting use case you can find for Nimiq. The Betanet Miner is just our Demo of how Nimiq Blockchain technology works what you are able to do. The rest is up to the community; with the help, support and guidance of the Nimiq Team of course  Wink.
Hello everyone, correct me If I am wrong. Did I understood it right. You mean using NIMIQ we can monetize any person's computer using their browser thru mining? Will it work to any type of browser? Even mobile browser?

Yes, go ahead and try our Betanet. We plan to release our Mainnet in December with significant improvements like increased connection time (by lowering the required connection data) and instant low-fee transactions.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I mined a bit for the beta network. What can I do with the 50 coins I earned there? Can I exchange them or better safe them or are they useless at all?
Activity: 1386
Merit: 255
Activity: 212
Merit: 101
At 5% for 60000 eth,  the market cap is more than $400 Million at launch.
5% of the total supply: a thousand years. 80 millions market cap after one year is more true (Coins sold during ICO will count for 25% of the total supply after one year).

If you mine, you get 50 nims. but if you invest you get 17.5 nims per eth. is it just me that I am feeling this is not a good deal. besides, what makes it worth 20 bucks per nim? I dont understand what those guys in Slack discussing?
Testnet reward is 50 nims, at launch it will be less (5 NIMs per block discovered).
Activity: 210
If you mine, you get 50 nims. but if you invest you get 17.5 nims per eth. is it just me that I am feeling this is not a good deal. besides, what makes it worth 20 bucks per nim? I dont understand what those guys in Slack discussing?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
At 5% for 60000 eth,  the market cap is more than $400 Million at launch.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Any bounty for this project dev?
Activity: 210
5% nimiq=60000eth?funny,i wouldn't like to invest in...

so I am not the only one feeling it is a bit pricey
Jump to: