Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 173. (Read 131134 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Since I didn't get a satisfying answer to my question, let me ask it again: are the so called 'beta-coins' completely useless or what? I think it's fair that they represent some kind of value for the ICO's and what not. People spend time and effort into those. Well, at least I did.
Spend time and effort to read this article from the op also: https://medium.com/nimiq-network/introducing-the-browser-based-blockchain-63d408add368
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Since I didn't get a satisfying answer to my question, let me ask it again: are the so called 'beta-coins' completely useless or what? I think it's fair that they represent some kind of value for the ICO's and what not. People spend time and effort into those. Well, at least I did.
Somebody wants to share his/her account number? I would transfer some "beta coins" there.
Activity: 644
Merit: 251
very nice project
i waiting to joined twitter campaign Cool
Activity: 374
Merit: 250
Activity: 301
how can i join the telegram?
Is there anything more known about going to the exchange and what the expected price will be to go for? I mean, I've checked Twitter, website and the pages here but couldn't find an answer for it. I am really curious about what to expect from this project trade-wise. I am willing to put effort into the project btw, I do a lot of design work and I am also doing some mining for it but I want to know if the amount I can mine with my desktop PC is worthy of the effort haha Smiley

the one you mine right now just a test, worthless.

they going to have ico later on 22nd of June i think

join the Telegram more active over there if you have any questions

Lol what? It's useless? How is that fair? I've been mining for a couple of days now, really harsh. My balance is now 1000 and is worth nothing? That can't be fair for the effort and time people have put into it.

you need to follow the new in Telegram for any update.

17th of June is ico date to be the right date.
Is there anything more known about going to the exchange and what the expected price will be to go for? I mean, I've checked Twitter, website and the pages here but couldn't find an answer for it. I am really curious about what to expect from this project trade-wise. I am willing to put effort into the project btw, I do a lot of design work and I am also doing some mining for it but I want to know if the amount I can mine with my desktop PC is worthy of the effort haha Smiley

Lol what? It's useless? How is that fair? I've been mining for a couple of days now, really harsh. My balance is now 1000 and is worth nothing? That can't be fair for the effort and time people have put into it.

Activity: 301
is there a slack ?
Activity: 76
Made a short video showing a payment via the Nimiq network: https://steemit.com/nimiq/@wekkel/nimiq-browser-based-blockhain-video-of-making-a-payment

I guess the beta could use further advances to the wallet part, with:
*contact lists
*QR scanner
*other methods of getting that long wallet address to a receiver
*a backup mechanism

For now, it is looking very nice.

The video really shows how easy this will be and I agree on your list of things.

The only other big thing for me would be security. I'd like to see it have some
sort of wallet transfer pin code.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
Made a short video showing a payment via the Nimiq network: https://steemit.com/nimiq/@wekkel/nimiq-browser-based-blockhain-video-of-making-a-payment

I guess the beta could use further advances to the wallet part, with:
*contact lists
*QR scanner
*other methods of getting that long wallet address to a receiver
*a backup mechanism

For now, it is looking very nice.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003
Browser based blockchain is really unique and very big concept just opened my browser and let connect will see how this mining process will work. I believe this crowdsale will get nice attention from people to jump into this big project.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
@Dev, thanks for the prompt replies.

What entities will be in control of the domain and web application used for mining, once the mainnet is pushed?

Hi
Great question!
It should be asked before.
Anyway I also would like see the answer from dev or anyone responsible for that!
And the issue is
important for everyone
wants to get in with first ever browser based mining system in cryptocurrency project.

Thanks!
Activity: 94
@Dev, thanks for the prompt replies.

What entities will be in control of the domain and web application used for mining, once the mainnet is pushed?
Activity: 594
I'm following ur twitter account. Hope to see updates in the future.

Thanks, make sure to check our Blog for future documentation. You might also enjoy our youtube channel as well Smiley
Just waiting for the ico detail.Nimiq would be the best project near time.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'm following ur twitter account. Hope to see updates in the future.

Thanks, make sure to check our Blog for future documentation. You might also enjoy our youtube channel as well Smiley
Activity: 812
Will there be a Nimiq browser launched? Considering this coin is a browser based  Undecided

Hi
I think they
already made that!
But right now they busy with
testing the protocols as much possible. And they has a
very clear roadmap to luanch the Mainnet version of the protocol by end of 2017!
You can get a clear
picture about the protocol by just reading some of their contents available on website.
Here is the link_
https://nimiq.com

If they busy with testing the protocols, how they could be already made that  Undecided
Think logic,

Hi
I'm late!
Anyway I was tried answer
the basic question. And obviously the protocol parts of this project
has been already done. Otherswise running the testnet would
become clue less!
Testing period of any protocol needs all parties
attention. And that also can
help easily to figure out any weak point, if available!
So there isn't anything
similar with logic! It's all
about reality. Start to play with this new idea, if you can!

Thanks!
Hell guys,
can you give me a hint what hardware should we look for in the market now, to make the mining process profitable when the main net lauches? "PoW algorithm: Mainnet: a memory hard POW" (6GB gpu-s, antminers, sthg like that?)
Thanks! Really interesting project you put together guys!

Thanks! We currently use SHA256 in the Betanet and are still doing some tests with different memory-bound PoW algorithms regarding efficiency and support.  On memory-bound hashes, the mining speed is bound by the memory latency. GDDR5 memory on latest graphic cards does not have a relevant latency benefit (if at all) compared to DDR3/DDR4 which is used by the CPU. We'll have to try it out, but our target is to be solely memory-latency-bound because this will reduce power consumption of miners (basically putting your CPU into waiting for memory most of the time).

We are confident we will make the right choice for the final Mainnet PoW and we'll update it here for you to take in consideration.

I appreciate your quick response, thank you!
Jump to: