Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 174. (Read 131228 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
On both my PC's, CPU utilisation is about 30% when mining. That leaves enough room for all other work to be done.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hell guys,
can you give me a hint what hardware should we look for in the market now, to make the mining process profitable when the main net lauches? "PoW algorithm: Mainnet: a memory hard POW" (6GB gpu-s, antminers, sthg like that?)
Thanks! Really interesting project you put together guys!

Thanks! We currently use SHA256 in the Betanet and are still doing some tests with different memory-bound PoW algorithms regarding efficiency and support.  On memory-bound hashes, the mining speed is bound by the memory latency. GDDR5 memory on latest graphic cards does not have a relevant latency benefit (if at all) compared to DDR3/DDR4 which is used by the CPU. We'll have to try it out, but our target is to be solely memory-latency-bound because this will reduce power consumption of miners (basically putting your CPU into waiting for memory most of the time).

We are confident we will make the right choice for the final Mainnet PoW and we'll update it here for you to take in consideration.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
Hell guys,
can you give me a hint what hardware should we look for in the market now, to make the mining process profitable when the main net lauches? "PoW algorithm: Mainnet: a memory hard POW" (6GB gpu-s, antminers, sthg like that?)
Thanks! Really interesting project you put together guys!
What percentage of coins will be distributed during ICO?

We are defining the last details of our Token Sale Terms. We will update it here when ready. You can follow us in Twitter to stay updated with official announcements.
what is the hashrate those running betanet getting?

The hashrate in the Betanet comes from using a single CPU from your computer. We are working in supporting multi-threading and will have it working soon.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
 it's a very interesting project , if website was Ddos ? i don't think server can still live
Activity: 210
what is the hashrate those running betanet getting?
I have read te available documentation but cannot find how wallet backup works. I found that opening a browser, connecting to the Beta network, showing the wallet, closing the tab and doing this again by opening a new tab does not change the wallet address.

Will the wallet also be saved if I close the browser completely? And how does making a backup of the wallet or importing it on another device or using a different browser on the same device work?

It would be helpful to flesh this out for the Beta testers.

Sure, we are planning a export/import tool. For now you can type Nimiq.get().wallet.keyPair.toBase64(); (cf. our API doc) in your Javascript console that you can open with F12 to export your private key.

If you clear your Browser History your private will remain the same. The only thing affecting your wallet is clearing offline website data.

Browser wallet is an easy-to-use pocket-money wallet that allows to start using nimiq immediately without the need of any installation. This intends to lower barriers to new comers into the Crypto World so they start using it easier. Security is a very important aspect of our project so we are also planning other wallets like paper wallets and cold storage. We are preparing a Q&A blog post and video for our youtube channel so stay tuned for that and keep sending your questions  Smiley
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
Mined some NIMs.. send them. Everything looks nice and simple.
I was right about DASH, I think I'm right about Byteball.. I think Nimiq will be the next big thing Wink

By the way, why don't you try a distribution scheme like byteball's. Generate one genesis block with the total supply, sell the first 10% percent at acceptable price and then distribute the rest on a monthly basis with a chosen ratio to everyone who holds NIMs in their wallets. This will give you a wide user addoption and low market volatitlity. Everyone will HODL cause it's will be profitable (without the stupid PoS)..

Bottom line - I'm in for a long ride..
Activity: 210
Will the wallet also be saved if I close the browser completely? And how does making a backup of the wallet or importing it on another device or using a different browser on the same device work?

Found something at Reddit: "Hi /u/tserof, glad to help. Your Keys are stored in your browsers offline data. If you close your browser or clear your browser history your Keys will remain stored and your account accessible. You can use your Keys to start mining in any browser or device, however there is no UI and logic for that yet but we are working on it. Check out this Tweet on how to access your Private Key."

Tweet on how to get the private key: here

If we clear the cache, or lets say reformat the pc, does the wallet address remain the same?

I hope the price will not be ridiculously high. hopefully it will be reasonable so everyone would be able to fit in. then again, it is to raise your funds, so lets see that too.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
legendary
yes

Found something at Reddit: "Hi /u/tserof, glad to help. Your Keys are stored in your browsers offline data. If you close your browser or clear your browser history your Keys will remain stored and your account accessible. You can use your Keys to start mining in any browser or device, however there is no UI and logic for that yet but we are working on it. Check out this Tweet on how to access your Private Key."

Tweet on how to get the private key: here
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
When is the plan to get this into an exchange? It's already a better project then hundreds of coins on Yobit. And if it's browser-mineable, it will keep getting movement there.

You can check our roadmap in our Webpage or the Introducing the Browser-based Blockchain blog post. Token Sale is scheduled for this month, you can follow us on Twitter, Medium or Youtube to be updated with official announcements.

I did check the roadmap and other pages too but I can't seem to read when the planning of going exchange is in. Not familiar with all the technical parts neither Cheesy
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
Any available bounties? Or any plan giving bounties?
legendary
yes
I have read te available documentation but cannot find how wallet backup works. I found that opening a browser, connecting to the Beta network, showing the wallet, closing the tab and doing this again by opening a new tab does not change the wallet address.

It would be helpful to flesh this out for the Beta testers.
legendary
yes
This project looks very interesting. I will surely follow it to see what it is capable of.
Any bounty for this project dev?

Not just yet, but we plan on doing so soon. Please subscribe to our channels above to be uptaded when we do.
When is the plan to get this into an exchange? It's already a better project then hundreds of coins on Yobit. And if it's browser-mineable, it will keep getting movement there.

You can check our roadmap in our Webpage or the Introducing the Browser-based Blockchain blog post. Token Sale is scheduled for this month, you can follow us on Twitter, Medium or Youtube to be updated with official announcements.
OP has the time to reply to easy comments but have no time to explain how Nimiq is going to stop miners from writing optimised C code to mine nimiq instead of depending on a browser.

Sorry about that, we have been busy implementing some new features in our Betanet, probably missed your post.

Nimiq is designed to be Browser-based but not Browser-only. We want people to improve hashrates with custom clients. Even though is a cool feature, Browser-based mining is not the most important one in the Nimiq Network. We think the most important feature is that browsers can connect to the network and send and verify transactions without a trusted third party or installation of additional software.

There are existing extensions for coins like Ethereum that does exactly the same, like Metamask. What would be the difference? Metamask harcoded to the blockchain, so what?

Just trying to get the vision behind the project.

Visit our Betanet to experience the difference!

Nimiq is the first Blockchain designed for simplicity. Its core values are ease-of-use, scalability and speed. There are a lot of differences with any dApp as Nimiq is not a dApp but a Blockchain designed from scratch with this core values in mind. Nimiq aims to tackle the main problems that inhibit mass adoption of Blockchain technologies:

• It is Browser-based to lower barriers of entry for both users and developers (no installation is required)
  • We are implementing the Mini-Blockchain scheme to accomplish dramatically low sync data of roughly MBs (unlike Bitcoin or Ethereum where you need to download around 100 GB to establish consensus with the network ).
  • We plan to use HTLC contracts in our Mainnet to enable secure off-chain transactions that will result in extremely low fees and nearly instant transaction times.

You can read all about it in our Introductory Medium Post.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
OP has the time to reply to easy comments but have no time to explain how Nimiq is going to stop miners from writing optimised C code to mine nimiq instead of depending on a browser.

Sorry about that, we have been busy implementing some new features in our Betanet, probably missed your post.

Nimiq is designed to be Browser-based but not Browser-only. We want people to improve hashrates with custom clients. Even though is a cool feature, Browser-based mining is not the most important one in the Nimiq Network. We think the most important feature is that browsers can connect to the network and send and verify transactions without a trusted third party or installation of additional software.

There are existing extensions for coins like Ethereum that does exactly the same, like Metamask. What would be the difference? Metamask harcoded to the blockchain, so what?

Just trying to get the vision behind the project.
Jump to: