Author

Topic: [ANN][NIM] - Nimiq - The Browser Based Blockchain - page 175. (Read 131134 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
For the project, it's really fun to make mining on betanet guys. If you have time, go nimiq betanet and give it a try. I cannot wait for the mainnet to make real mining there.
Activity: 404
Hi,
Now I'm mining on the betanet platform
And collected 1050 coins,
Will I keep it when  move to the Mainnet platform?
Or will all wallets be returned to zero?
when mainnet release all wallet will be 0
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
It seems interesting, waiting for the mainnet I will try a little the betanet  Grin

When will be the mainnet launched?
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
When is the plan to get this into an exchange? It's already a better project then hundreds of coins on Yobit. And if it's browser-mineable, it will keep getting movement there.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
what do you mean "browser-based blockchain" - your blockchain is not based on a browser. are you going to develop a web browser? what's the roadmap and timeline of that?

It means that it is designed to run natively in your browser without aditional installation thus reducing technological barrier for newcomers to Crypto. Nimiq is not Browser-only you can connect to the Nimiq Network using your browser but you can also install a client using NodeJs, what we call a Backbone Nodes.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I'm following ur twitter account. Hope to see updates in the future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Aluna.Social
what do you mean "browser-based blockchain" - your blockchain is not based on a browser. are you going to develop a web browser? what's the roadmap and timeline of that?
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Hi,
Now I'm mining on the betanet platform
And collected 1050 coins,
Will I keep it when  move to the Mainnet platform?
Or will all wallets be returned to zero?
OP has the time to reply to easy comments but have no time to explain how Nimiq is going to stop miners from writing optimised C code to mine nimiq instead of depending on a browser.

Sorry about that, we have been busy implementing some new features in our Betanet, probably missed your post.

Nimiq is designed to be Browser-based but not Browser-only. We want people to improve hashrates with custom clients. Even though is a cool feature, Browser-based mining is not the most important one in the Nimiq Network. We think the most important feature is that browsers can connect to the network and send and verify transactions without a trusted third party or installation of additional software.
A nice idea - but what's the algo? people will just make CPU and GPU miners instead of browser-mining it.

Indeed, that point need to be clarified.

Need answer to the above. This is not clear yet ya know.

The current PoW algorithm used by our Betanet is Sha256. We will switch to an ASIC-resistant proof-of-work as soon as possible. We are currently doing some testing and research, the final PoW will be memory-latency-bound and implemented in (or compiled to) WebAssembly, which reaches near to native performance in modern browsers. We are confident we will find a proper choice for our PoW algorithm, definitely before the Mainnet launch.
Activity: 798
Merit: 262
I opened the browser for 12 hours and dug 300 nimiqs.

I hope you know that, it's not real digging as of now  Wink
Activity: 210
A nice idea - but what's the algo? people will just make CPU and GPU miners instead of browser-mining it.

Indeed, that point need to be clarified.

Need answer to the above. This is not clear yet ya know.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I opened the browser for 12 hours and dug 300 nimiqs.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 254
Will there be a Nimiq browser launched? Considering this coin is a browser based  Undecided

Hi
I think they
already made that!
But right now they busy with
testing the protocols as much possible. And they has a
very clear roadmap to luanch the Mainnet version of the protocol by end of 2017!
You can get a clear
picture about the protocol by just reading some of their contents available on website.
Here is the link_
https://nimiq.com

If they busy with testing the protocols, how they could be already made that  Undecided
Think logic,
Activity: 686
Any bounty for this project dev?
Activity: 224
is good browser
but is without create new altcoin is good post in service disscusion or service announcement section
what is advanatege use nimiq browser is compare another browser
you are right, also if the browser just different in that name and dont have special feature, it means this browser just like another browser Shocked
Activity: 521
Merit: 500
Halving every 2016 blocks is so fast.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
This looking very interesting project it's nice to give try to beta test. I hope this tech will be more interesting future when this network will get launched after a successful ICO.
Activity: 245
interesting project! will play with the testnet when i have some time this weekend
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Jump to: