Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NYAN] NyanCoin - ★★★V1.2 Released! Now Listed on Cryptsy! ★★★ - page 3. (Read 80918 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Probably should remove the "now listed on cryptsy" from the topic title  Grin

Peg! Good to see you around these parts!

As jwinterm guessed, none of the current players have access to modify the top of this thread. At the same time, I have felt constrained by the expectation that a new ANN should only be created for new releases, and I didn't want a vaporware or hype thread. So I had been planning to create a new thread once I finally got NYAN2 built.

But as jwinterm also stated: there's actually a new build now!! This is entirely due to /u/vmp32k and /u/stellarseahorses on Reddit. I actually came to this thread to make a post mentioning it. I'm glad that jwinterm got the link here already; thanks!

It's being considered a public beta for now, and I've been too busy / lazy to test it out or do code review myself yet. But I absolutely will get to that, and I believe that within the month we should be ready to consider it an official release: the first new release of the revival. This is the biggest thing to have happened for Nyancoin during this revival, and I'm incredibly proud to have Nekonauts like this active in the community.

I plan on making a new ANN once we declare the release officially ready unless /u/vmp32k is interested in maintaining the thread. I'm also going to suggest rebranding to NYAN2 rather than the current NYAN 1.3.0 designation being used, because I think the critical vulnerability fix (same forking vulnerability Peercoin hit months ago; we've been aware but hadn't gotten an updated client to address it yet) merits it, as well as reflection of the change from the original development team.

I need to study the solution in detail, but I think this will not changing the mining behavior (presumed to be on Linux 64-bit) but instead will just correct the client (meaning Windows or Linux 32-bit nodes) vulnerability to having a different interpretation of the validity of the particular edge case transaction than the miners. This means that it will be a required update for "clients" as defined but that we should be able to expect it to be recommended but less critical for pools and the exchange.

I'm staying pretty busy with work, and that's hopefully going to be continuing, but I'm going to be trying to help get to the point where we're confident enough to call this the official release and be able to finally be on a modern client and not have a known critical vulnerability (the difficulty function is annoying and not as good as I would like for dealing with hit-and-run, but that's going to take a hard fork and is not critical; we'll address that along with expanding the block size hard cap just to show we can in NYAN3, tentatively scheduled for release in early 2017 and activation sometime in 2017).

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

Also, every exchange in the OP is dead, only trading on cryptopia now. Does anyone even have access to the thread?
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Any update about the new wallet?

Hey, sorry, I'm basically never on here. I strongly recommend anyone interested in Nyancoin to follow https://www.reddit.com/r/nyancoins rather than this thread.

But, no, unfortunately, I've made no new progress on the wallet. I've been wanting to get a new laptop for a build computer to be able to do the gitian build, and my life afk and personal finances have been far too screwed up to do that yet, sorry.

At this point, I have no idea when I might have it out, but I'll be happy if I can do it by the end of the summer. I think I'm finally on a decent path afk, but we'll see where the next couple of months take me.

Overall, I've done rather poorly on the revival: I bid up way too high in the beginning, and it's crashed down to basically the same price it had started at, as I've been unable to keep putting as much in as I did at the start (originally was working on a software job, had lots of extra money; haven't been able to put anything in at all in the last few months or so). Obviously this new client release has taken far longer than I wanted. I was hoping to be onto mobile clients by this point and planning for NYAN3. And the community is quite tiny.

However, we have gotten a few good people over in /r/nyancoins, and they've made meaningful contributions (KojoSlayer runs dice and faucet; jwflame runs a great intro site; vmp32k runs explorer), and we've had a few cryptocurrency developers reading it from time to time. That's been good, and I hope we'll keep that base going forward. I'm still in this for the long haul.

I'm very sorry I haven't made more progress or been better about updating here. But we're still alive and flying.
Activity: 687
Merit: 500
novag
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Any update about the new wallet?
Activity: 870
Merit: 500
Trading will make me rich)
BTW, Cryptsy has opened up Nyancoin for withdrawals.

My last WD came from these two addresses:

https://nyan.space/address/KEhaSorUVpadKeg5zw7mUm7uEJZCyYfvTV           current balance of 6900.11755453 NYAN
https://nyan.space/address/KNyR5nsqcqi2DnFysFv3ma523BFCJWMjDf            current balance of 3504.43178481 NYAN

They may have more but I would suggest people WD ASAP before these balances get depleted.

This one MIGHT also be Cryptsys but I'm not sure..cant see the balance because it has too many records to display on the block explorer.

https://nyan.space/address/KBziHEL9R9V2L346ccxeC2MM2daav2RMkQ

Great news, thanks man! Just realized that I had NYANs left there... it's not much btc worth))) but who knows)
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
BTW, Cryptsy has opened up Nyancoin for withdrawals.

My last WD came from these two addresses:

https://nyan.space/address/KEhaSorUVpadKeg5zw7mUm7uEJZCyYfvTV           current balance of 6900.11755453 NYAN
https://nyan.space/address/KNyR5nsqcqi2DnFysFv3ma523BFCJWMjDf            current balance of 3504.43178481 NYAN

They may have more but I would suggest people WD ASAP before these balances get depleted.

This one MIGHT also be Cryptsys but I'm not sure..cant see the balance because it has too many records to display on the block explorer.

https://nyan.space/address/KBziHEL9R9V2L346ccxeC2MM2daav2RMkQ

Yeah, in general I wouldn't be opposed to moving away from mining equipment; it's going away from the existing pool (prohashing) more disappointing. I haven't had a chance to be watching the Nyanchain lately; is it running a bit better? I do think "Nyancoins PoW" is going to keep going. Someday I think it would be cool to have a "Nyancoins PoS" forked from it, and perhaps we could even update the difficulty algorithm to work a bit better, but I do think we ultimately just need good baseline mining equipment support to get Nyancoins PoW to work well, no difficulty algorithm can compensate for that.

I re-read your post and start to believe that a PoW/PoS hybrid should now be suitable for Nyan. It won't disappoint the existing pool, while can keep the blockchain running by PoS after each PoW hit-and-run.

The blockchain has been stable lately and has not had any hit-and-run attacks that I have noticed. I am still not interested in championing such a change and do not think it would be uncontroversial. In particular because PoS usually expects to get a reward as well, and I'm not going to fuck with the 337 million coin cap; that's a core feature. I am not planning any hard forks of any kind until NYAN3, which I expect no earlier than 2016Q4, and I don't plan anything controversial for that (any convenience changes we need, and hopefully something like a 2MB block size limit just to show we can, even though I've never seen a full block on the Nyanchain).

I am not suggesting to change it now either. I just believe PoW/PoS hybrid should be a good choice when we need to change.

Perhaps we can reduce PoW reward and provide a relatively small PoS reward to keep the coin cap.

There is no hit-and-run lately because Nyan is not so hot right now. But it doesn't mean we should not prevent hit-and-run from happening in the future.
legendary
The blockchain has been stable lately and has not had any hit-and-run attacks that I have noticed.

I too haven't noticed any hit-and-runs lately. The blockchain has had a stable 400Mh/s+ for a while now. All seems fine there. Even though Nyan is vulnerable to an attack the likelihood is very low.
does NyanCoin have checkpoints? normal checkpoints or ACP?

estimated supply over the next 10 years?
the information is needed for http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php
thanks

price change in BTC is >+1,000% over the last year, why?

NyanCoin does have a couple very old checkpoints. We'll probably add an updated one or two in NYAN2.1 (estimated 2016Q1). I don't know what ACP means; I think they're normal checkpoints.

The max supply is 337 million. With halvings every year, we should be quite close to that in 10 years.

Price change is because I started a revival for the coin. I'm working on community, technical and financial. This is just in my spare time, as I can't afford to go full-time on NYAN (yet), but we've made good progress. I've bought up about 25% of the current supply, net of tens of millions I've given away in promotions and rewards to various Nekonauts for supporting the cause.

My goal is to build a strong store of value for the long-term, meaning sustainable but strong growth for years to come as we build up from a financial crash last year. I came into the coin with the community comatose, the technical infrastructure mostly gone, and the price at around 1-3 satoshi. /r/nyancoins is now at least mildly active, we've got a decent basic infrastructure added (nyan.space, nyancoin.info (the status page is especially awesome), freenyancoins.uk (which also has dice. ), extra pools ; none of that I run, all different Nekonauts during the revival; I do run /u/tipnyan, badly (I need to do backups and work on security)), and the price is currently around 20 satoshi (that's where I'm currently building my bid floors on Cryptopia, which exchange we've had added about a month ago).

My biggest concern at the moment is getting the build for NYAN2 done (my laptops do not have the RAM to do it decently and I'm too strapped for cash at the moment to buy a new laptop; I should have it in a couple months) because of the fork vulnerability from the old, current NYAN1.2 client (more than a year old!), as demonstrated on Peercoin just recently. It worries me to talk about that, but I don't think it would be right to try to just ignore it either.

Once that's resolved, I'll feel a lot better about the technicals. I've been wanting to get NYAN2 out anyhow just as a proof-of-life for basic core work (rebasing onto recent (v0.10.2.2) LTC; nothing fancy).

And I still think we're massively undervalued on the finances, as I think I'm worth more alone and I have chosen it as my personal store of value, and the Nyancoin community as a whole is worth a lot more than I am alone. But we'll keep proving ourselves over time. I'm hoping for a decimal order of magnitude increase in price against the strongest competitor each year. Of course that's a rather optimistic target, and I won't complain about gaining less, but it's just an indication of the type of climb I intend to make.

This coin is my proof-of-concept of coin rehabbing principles; a living experiment. I intend to make it a textbook example of taking an almost-dead coin and building it into a powerhouse. For more information, see my many posts on reddit.com/r/nyancoins

Yeah, in general I wouldn't be opposed to moving away from mining equipment; it's going away from the existing pool (prohashing) more disappointing. I haven't had a chance to be watching the Nyanchain lately; is it running a bit better? I do think "Nyancoins PoW" is going to keep going. Someday I think it would be cool to have a "Nyancoins PoS" forked from it, and perhaps we could even update the difficulty algorithm to work a bit better, but I do think we ultimately just need good baseline mining equipment support to get Nyancoins PoW to work well, no difficulty algorithm can compensate for that.

I re-read your post and start to believe that a PoW/PoS hybrid should now be suitable for Nyan. It won't disappoint the existing pool, while can keep the blockchain running by PoS after each PoW hit-and-run.

The blockchain has been stable lately and has not had any hit-and-run attacks that I have noticed. I am still not interested in championing such a change and do not think it would be uncontroversial. In particular because PoS usually expects to get a reward as well, and I'm not going to fuck with the 337 million coin cap; that's a core feature. I am not planning any hard forks of any kind until NYAN3, which I expect no earlier than 2016Q4, and I don't plan anything controversial for that (any convenience changes we need, and hopefully something like a 2MB block size limit just to show we can, even though I've never seen a full block on the Nyanchain).
Activity: 588
Merit: 503
I have a small, Nyan pool at https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/nyan

Largely unused at the moment but available.

Activity: 328
Merit: 250
does NyanCoin have checkpoints? normal checkpoints or ACP?

estimated supply over the next 10 years?
the information is needed for http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php
thanks

price change in BTC is >+1,000% over the last year, why?
legendary
I would recommend contracting cryptoid.info for the rich list. It is an excellent block explorer.
Thank you hobbyist! I've added it to the sidebar links for pools on /r/nyancoins. It's always great to see more long-term miners getting interested in NYAN!

https://www.nyancoin.info/status.nyan - the status page has been showing full green more and more often as this recovery goes on; I'm sure we'll get hit-and-runs again and especially during price spikes, but I think the worst might be past us now (we'd had times in previous months where 8-24 hour block gaps would happen with some regularity as a result of hit-and-run mining). These are just my impressions however; I haven't actually done statistical analysis of the Nyanchain as I should for this.

Just another random comment: I'd like to see a basic richlist for NYAN addresses running at some point. Shouldn't be hard, it just hadn't been a high enough priority to happen before. At this point I think it's starting to be its turn to be done next. And I'm curious to see how many of them are mine as well as to start seeing what other addresses hold lots of NYAN for long periods of time. :-)

Activity: 588
Merit: 503
Pool added at https://hobbyistpool.ddns.net/nyan

Nothing too special,  NOMP/MPOS pool.

Site is behind a self-signed cert,  Your browser will complain.

o/ all!

Sorry about not updating more recently. I've been busy with a lot of things, NYAN and otherwise.

We got listed on Cryptopia!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=NYAN_BTC
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=NYAN_UNO

These will be the main two I'll be bidding, although there's also

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=NYAN_DOGE
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=NYAN_LTC

which I might put bids on. /DOT, maybe. Feather and Popular I doubt I'll make any serious market in. :-)

Right now, Cryptopia is ahead of Cryptsy, significantly. I expect it to continue to lead, but I expect and hope that arbitrage with Cryptsy will also start. High enough spread to easily beat the 0.5% fee too.

Cryptsy has had withdraw issues, like only withdrawing half of what was requested, which is a PITA as it requires multiple withdraw attempts then to fully withdraw. So far, it still ends up working in the end. But we wanted to get off, so we're off now.

---

I'm going to do a NYAN2 ANN once I've got it building at least. I did a code draft, https://github.com/mathwizard1232/nyancoins/tree/nyancoins2, but haven't worked with it more yet, including not yet trying to build. I'm planning to do that this month and make enough progress to justify the 2.0 ANN this month. I think that'll give us some good visibility here. And the new exchange is a great step forward. I was amazed at how well that process went. One of our /r/nyancoins community members started and led it and I joined in, along with others, and we had a strong lead in both the user and DOT votes two days in when the admins just added us. :-) It was a great experience. We've got a lot more positive energy added to our community and momentum. New nekonauts and revived seeing NYAN alive and strong.

As always, lots more to do. One of the big things now has been to have more outside (not me) money come in and start making a strong drive too in order for us to reach and hold a bit by the end of the year. Cryptopia promises to be a major part of that.

I'm very excited. ^_^
Sounds like a plan. I'm thinking about switching my Scrypt miners over to Nyan soon, as Myriad scrypt is going auxpow soon, so that way I can solo mine Nyan and Myr at the same time  Shocked

Better yet...run a NYAN p2pool node and merge mine Myriad+doge+syscoin+viacoin+a few others at the same time.

Source code: https://github.com/CartmanSPC/p2pool

Good piece of information. Thanks.

Will try it to see how good it works.
Pages:
Jump to: