Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NYAN] NyanCoin - ★★★V1.2 Released! Now Listed on Cryptsy! ★★★ - page 4. (Read 80918 times)

legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Sounds like a plan. I'm thinking about switching my Scrypt miners over to Nyan soon, as Myriad scrypt is going auxpow soon, so that way I can solo mine Nyan and Myr at the same time  Shocked

Better yet...run a NYAN p2pool node and merge mine Myriad+doge+syscoin+viacoin+a few others at the same time.

Source code: https://github.com/CartmanSPC/p2pool
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
not sure if its worth to re-run nyan than to enter other coins...
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
Sounds like a plan. I'm thinking about switching my Scrypt miners over to Nyan soon, as Myriad scrypt is going auxpow soon, so that way I can solo mine Nyan and Myr at the same time  Shocked
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I've released the pre-alpha code for review and build testing.

https://github.com/mathwizard1232/nyancoins/tree/nyancoins2 - This is a fork from litecoin tag v0.10.2.2.

https://github.com/mathwizard1232/nyancoins/commit/e60459bea1ad9befd5c2ca7daa6523ac1a6a7ce8 - One-commit draft of Nyancoins2 on top of it.

Again, the bottom line is this is meant to be a backwards-compatible update replacing NYAN1.2. I will add an alert key and system that I control for making announcements about the NYAN3 upgrade. I expect to see full network adoption of NYAN2 before I would even contemplate releasing NYAN3, but the NYAN3 discussions can and should be active now (I'm going to work on building discussion on /r/nyancoins, current homebase of the Nekonaut 'renewal' (#definitelyacult).

In financial news, we've finally gotten back to a 40 satoshi floor, at least for now. I'd really like to see us holding 1bit by the end of the year, but 40's better than nothing, and better than where we started. :-) Haven't seen the million+ dumps that I saw in previous rises, but frankly, I haven't had the BTC to build the million+ floors either to attract those lightning strikes. So I can't consider this too clearly established on the market yet. I'm really hoping for outside money to move in; so far, I still am leading the market during the major rises.

Which brings up the question of whether my trading is ethically and morally legitimate: am I trading on what should be considered 'insider knowledge'? This is why I have tried to put my holdings up-front-and-center when I'm talking and why I've chosen to announce them. I want it clear my bias and stake and do not want to mislead anyone. On the other hand, of course I believe strongly in what I'm doing, which is why I'm doing it and why I've invested in it (and of course, now being committed, have a strong incentive to continue in any case). I've been buying based on my knowledge of my determination to make this succeed in the long-term, as well as seeing the many skilled and positive and simply superb Nekonauts who have come to /r/nyancoins and put up the block explorers and so much more. Yet I've announced my intentions for months and my holdings and the contributions of others are public knowledge because they have been done in public. So I believe that I have acted legitimately. Still, it's a concern I have, so I figure I'd mention it. Just as a reminder, I think I have about 20-25% of the currently available NYAN. This means about 50-60 million. I think that's about right, although I may have gone higher lately. To my recall, I think I have about 42M offline, about 15M in the tipbot (crazy high amount partially result of glitched Cryptsy overwithdraw at one point), and I have about 8M on Cryptsy at this point, as a result of strong buying this month as I finally started using Cryptsy again, after avoiding them after the whole negative NYAN balance quirk. That would make a claim for possibly 65M with the potential to buy to, say, 70M or more before the end of the year if I splurged or there were dumps. Which at 230M current supply, 25% would be 57.5M and thus exceeded.

Frankly, I would prefer to be holding a higher proportion of other assets in my portfolio. My life savings, such as it currently is, is basically in NYAN. But I continue to see it as having the highest growth potential against the market of anything I could put my money into, and as such, I keep gambling on it when I can, in terms of time and money. Eventually, I would be quite happy to own a smaller % of a far larger market. I've given away tens of millions of NYAN at this point I think; certainly I've given away more than 10M. I try to do so in ways that will benefit NYAN and further its principles: fun, self-improvement, and service to others.

I'm trying to build a financial community with a sense of ethics and innovation, who are interested in building from scratch the foundations for years and decades to come. NYAN2 is a small step along that journey. Its very development this next month will again strengthen the technical aspects of our community. I've said that NYAN should be a techie's DOGE: 'fun' should be considered to include well-written technical reports.

At this point, it's still far more visions than reality. There is a lot to build and write. Ultimately I want us clearly contributing upstream, first in terms of documentation. Outside contributions need not be limited to upstream, nor technical alone.

NYAN2 will probably have notable technical advantages. But I really want it for marketing purposes: it is a technical show of strength, or more modestly: proof of continued life. It gives us something to talk about. It gives us a reason for a new thread. And by doing the upgrade smoothly and professionally, as well as with the spirit of nyan, it should be a significant aid in growing the community.
Apologies for not having updated here lately. I've been busy at work afk as well as some work on NYAN2.

I've been talking far more about this on /r/nyancoins.

NYAN2 will not fork against NYAN1.2. That is the fundamental point. There is a follow-up, NYAN3, which will be a hard-fork. We will be following a principle of near-unanimous consensus for that fork: we're expecting 99+% support. Any legitimate objection should stop it. It will be a proof-of-strength for our community.

But back to NYAN2. I'll have a github repo up by the end of the month (yes, within 36 hours) for my first-draft, 'pre-alpha', code release. I believe I've captured "most" of the necessary changes, but of course, the devil's in the details. I'm going to be relying upon the community for build and correction support. Yes, that's right, I haven't even tried building it as of yet. This is meant more to be a code release for discussion and review than a buildable release. Of course, I want to explicitly note that this version should not be trusted with any significant transactions or balances yet.

I hope to have at least a release candidate by the end of September out of this. I think that should be easily and safely attainable with due final touches and fixes and testing.

Notable things I need to do yet for NYAN2:

Add my alert key for NYAN3 or emergency notifications.

Get testnet working

Add more dnsseed nodes

Add ip seed nodes

Add nyan to documentation
The problem is that the difficulty is not spiking fast enough. I would look at some other implementations of difficulty....not sure which coins have a good difficulty algo...perhaps Globalcoin? Also maybe the current algo from potcoin (they are forking to POSv...but not because of the diff algo).

....and I don't think moving away from mining equipment is a bad thing at all...it's actually preferred...and this is coming from someone with a lot invested in mining equipment!

Ah, I gotcha. Right, if the difficulty spiked faster, then there would be much less incentive for the hit-and-runs. On the other hand, the same thing could be done and we'd still need mining equipment to get it unstuck.

Yeah, in general I wouldn't be opposed to moving away from mining equipment; it's going away from the existing pool (prohashing) more disappointing. I haven't had a chance to be watching the Nyanchain lately; is it running a bit better? I do think "Nyancoins PoW" is going to keep going. Someday I think it would be cool to have a "Nyancoins PoS" forked from it, and perhaps we could even update the difficulty algorithm to work a bit better, but I do think we ultimately just need good baseline mining equipment support to get Nyancoins PoW to work well, no difficulty algorithm can compensate for that.

So I think we'll keep having use for some of that mining equipment if you can spare some. ;-)
legendary
The problem is that the difficulty is not spiking fast enough. I would look at some other implementations of difficulty....not sure which coins have a good difficulty algo...perhaps Globalcoin? Also maybe the current algo from potcoin (they are forking to POSv...but not because of the diff algo).

....and I don't think moving away from mining equipment is a bad thing at all...it's actually preferred...and this is coming from someone with a lot invested in mining equipment!
Just noticed... The difficulty algo needs to be looked at/fixed. We have some people playing with the blockchain. I feel this is more important than getting the client code updated to the latest LTC release. Fixing the algo will require a hardfork so it needs to be done carefully with plenty of time (perhaps months) for people to upgrade.

Look at blocks around 769152 to see what im talking about.

I appreciate you calling attention to this. We've faced problems with this before. I'll note that a handy workaround that I've used before is adding a high (100-300 NYAN) transaction fee to make it profitable for prohashing to solve the next block (the fundamental problem is external hit-and-run pools taking advantage of our low difficulty to get a lot of easy NYAN, then leaving once the difficulty is gone, and not having enough baseline hashing power to make that unprofitable to start and to solve it once it happens; prohashing is smart enough to consider pending transaction fees, and so since the block reward is 168.5, it can be pretty cheap to make the coin profitable enough to mine).

Copying my reply from Reddit before for laziness (for the rest reading this, the whole thread is at: https://www.reddit.com/r/nyancoins/comments/3dnjth/blockchain_being_toyed_with/) :

I appreciate the suggestion, but I am not yet convinced of the necessity.

I am extremely conservative about making hard fork changes. The switch to PoS would have been huge and I would have been willing to try the risks involved. But that developer disappeared, and I think at this point, we need to work with what we've got.

I don't think that our system is unworkable. We just need people, like yourself, who are willing and able to mine Nyancoins for the sake of Nyancoins rather than an immediate market sale (which is unworkable because it means we lose the miners with a difficulty spike).

The difficulty *should* spike when we get a lot of hashing power coming in.

I don't think the alternatives suggested are preferable. AuxPOW: this means that miners who don't have any inherent interest in Nyancoins get the mining rewards. I would much rather have people decide to dedicate hardware in order to mine. AuxPOW allows cost-free attacks: we could face exactly the same situation we're facing now (hit-and-run) and they wouldn't even lose the use of the hardware for mining other coins during the hit. This would allow them to drive up the difficulty far more at no cost. In addition, we lose the incentive to dedicated miners.

This is, to a large extent, a learning coin. We want to provide opportunities to newcomers in all areas. One of the ways to do this, in mining, is to keep what we have: we have a very low barrier to entry for people to be able to get a mining unit which will be able to make a significant impact on our reliability and allow them to earn a significant amount of Nyancoins. If we were on AuxPOW, the barrier to entry would be significantly higher.

I don't know the details of POSv, but as I recall, and from the name, it's a PoS variant. There are a number of issues with this. One of them is that it means abandoning our current major pool, prohashing. I don't want to do this. Although my current plan for Nyancoins 2.0 involves a hardfork, it's one that I believe they will follow (they need an exchange, and that's the more challenging part, but they won't inherently resist it). They are good enough that if we had consensus, they might agree to stop mining the old PoW if we went PoS, but they are a Scrypt PoW based pool and would not be able to help secure our network if we went to PoS.

I do think it's worth considering a PoS Nyancoins in the future. But I believe that Nyancoins PoW must and will continue no matter what. Further, I don't believe we're strong enough for two coins at the present time. What this means to me is: we work with what we've got and we consider fancy new stuff in the future (counting PoS here even though, yes, it's stable and established at this point; but it's shiny and new compared to Nyancoins tech).

I hope I can persuade you, as it sounds like you could be a major miner for us. I would much rather see us have a small, relatively centralized couple of Nekonauts mining rather than AuxPOW. And I don't want the risk (guarantee) of a community split that would come from PoS at this point. If PoS had come when it was first proposed, or even a few months ago, I think it might have had a chance. And, of course, as a major holder, I would have, at least on the surface, stood to benefit quite a bit from eliminating the dependence on mining hardware and changing the rewards to going to the large holders willing to maintain a server. I would have basically taken over the processing at that point.

But, again, with where we are now, I think we need to move forward as best we can. I don't think the difficulty algorithm is fundamentally flawed. Instead, we are simply seeing what happens when we depend on external-to-our-community power which dwarfs our own.
legendary
Just noticed... The difficulty algo needs to be looked at/fixed. We have some people playing with the blockchain. I feel this is more important than getting the client code updated to the latest LTC release. Fixing the algo will require a hardfork so it needs to be done carefully with plenty of time (perhaps months) for people to upgrade.

Look at blocks around 769152 to see what im talking about.

Very well-said. Hope we can see a new wallet soon.  Wink

Honestly speaking, I do suggest you can do it step-by-step. If I were you, I might update the block version and release the new wallet first, and then do gitian build later. Even Litecoin didn't implement all important changes in one single update.

Thanks! My initially stated goal was to have the code available by the end of August, and I still hope to meet that (although the actual time of the hard-fork may still be a month or two after that).

I can totally understand that perspective. But I think of this as being a deliberately "LTS" (long-term support) type of release: we should err on the side of taking longer and making a version we'll be comfortable with people using for a year or more to come rather than just trying to get something out soon. This is both because we don't want to require people to update frequently, but also because it's a hard-fork, so I think we need to have a compelling level of quality to make sure we switch cleanly. [And on that subject, I'm not sure if I'll keep Litecoin's switch at a given block height, or whether I'll try to put in a consensus version-marking change akin to how the block size increase is proposed to happen in Bitcoin; I think the latter is a better, more robust method to make sure a switchover is clean, but it would require a significant functional change from the Litecoin code, which is risky.]

I think that doing the gitian build is reasonably central to the goals of the new release. It helps to improve security via the deterministic build, and it should be a cleaner build process once we have it working properly. We don't want to release without, at the least, a *nix and Windows build (our current Mac build may or not be working, so it might be less essential), and I think this is a reasonably good way to do it. Also, one of our goals it to release an up-to-date, streamlined set of instructions for the gitian build, aimed at someone starting out on a fresh system with reasonable technical knowledge. As far as we (myself and jwflame, a community member on /r/nyancoins who has also attempted this build), there seems to be something missing in the existing published steps, although I still need to reproduce it again (I'd tried on a VPS which didn't work; it was suggested to try on bare metal to make sure that wasn't the issue) (currently downloading Ubuntu 64bit; I accidentally installed 32bit locally instead which of course didn't work).

I think this is the last major hurdle: I've looked at the diffs before and at the new code, and I think it should be relatively straightforward to "reapply" the original changes, although, of course, until I actually have it running I won't truly believe it. So I think it's reasonable to be spending a fair amount of time on this step (although the actual time I've spent on it hasn't been huge; it's just that it's hard to carve out a lot of time and energy for it with my current work. I'm getting better about that I think though; I'm hoping to step up my progress).

If this works out as I hope, we will see a Nyancoins 2.0 which will be capable of carrying us for another year. I expect there will continue to be various vulnerabilities announced upstream, of course, and I hope to have minor releases incorporating the fixes, but I'm hoping and expecting not to need another hard-fork, and that we will have "good enough" security on this new client to not "require" people to upgrade (for instance, the current client is theoretically vulnerable to the heartbleed issues, but it didn't really seem relevant to us, because it attacked QR codes, which we don't have any known reader for currently, and some other aspect I don't recall which didn't seem relevant; similarly, the latest security issues announced were some sort of DoS attack: our biggest threat for DoS has been our own inconsistent hashing power).

Bottom line: I think we're in a reasonably good position on the technical front and will continue to a Nyancoins 2.0 in a timely fashion, and that it will be a security improvement capable of meeting our needs for a year or more to come after that.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Hi Coinaday,

Glad to see you are back in good spirits. You should be able to update Nyancoin to the latest Litecoin codebase without doing a hardfork. I have seen you mention that signature thing before. You shouldn't have to do anything with that to use the code from Litecoin.

Also, although it would be nice to get Nyancoin updated to the latest Litecoin codebase I don't think there is any urgency to do so.

If you find it taking too much time and effort you might want to consider hiring it out to someone experienced with doing these things.

Hi, thanks!

I don't think so: Litecoin v0.8 had a hardfork (something about switching block versions; I have spent more time talking about this than looking into the details of what was done and why). We are forked from an earlier version and going to a later version, thus we're crossing a hardfork. I'd be glad if we didn't need a hardfork, but I'm pretty confident we do.

Right, we wouldn't technically need to do the gitian build, but I think it's important for a number of reasons. It's now Litecoin's "official" build, basically, and we should be trying to follow them technically as much as possible, in my opinion. In addition, it allows for a deterministic build and thus a secure build process, which I think is important and valuable.

I agree that there's no particular urgency to updating. But I think one of the obvious criticisms of Nyancoins at this point is "you don't have a core developer!! you're obviously doomed!!", which, in the long-run would be a fair point.

I think hiring someone would defeat the purpose. Just like I wanted to encourage the community to build its own block explorers rather than pay for one to be put up for it (and this worked out), I want to see us develop the technical talent "in-house" to do client updates.

I certainly appreciate the input. I agree that there isn't a particular urgent need for the update, but I think it will be a significant positive milestone for us, showing a serious movement on the technical revival in the core tech. Also, if I understand the process of BCT, that would allow us to make a new thread, which I think would be a significant milestone for visibility as well.

Very well-said. Hope we can see a new wallet soon.  Wink

Honestly speaking, I do suggest you can do it step-by-step. If I were you, I might update the block version and release the new wallet first, and then do gitian build later. Even Litecoin didn't implement all important changes in one single update.
Hi Coinaday,

Glad to see you are back in good spirits. You should be able to update Nyancoin to the latest Litecoin codebase without doing a hardfork. I have seen you mention that signature thing before. You shouldn't have to do anything with that to use the code from Litecoin.

Also, although it would be nice to get Nyancoin updated to the latest Litecoin codebase I don't think there is any urgency to do so.

If you find it taking too much time and effort you might want to consider hiring it out to someone experienced with doing these things.

Hi, thanks!

I don't think so: Litecoin v0.8 had a hardfork (something about switching block versions; I have spent more time talking about this than looking into the details of what was done and why). We are forked from an earlier version and going to a later version, thus we're crossing a hardfork. I'd be glad if we didn't need a hardfork, but I'm pretty confident we do.

Right, we wouldn't technically need to do the gitian build, but I think it's important for a number of reasons. It's now Litecoin's "official" build, basically, and we should be trying to follow them technically as much as possible, in my opinion. In addition, it allows for a deterministic build and thus a secure build process, which I think is important and valuable.

I agree that there's no particular urgency to updating. But I think one of the obvious criticisms of Nyancoins at this point is "you don't have a core developer!! you're obviously doomed!!", which, in the long-run would be a fair point.

I think hiring someone would defeat the purpose. Just like I wanted to encourage the community to build its own block explorers rather than pay for one to be put up for it (and this worked out), I want to see us develop the technical talent "in-house" to do client updates.

I certainly appreciate the input. I agree that there isn't a particular urgent need for the update, but I think it will be a significant positive milestone for us, showing a serious movement on the technical revival in the core tech. Also, if I understand the process of BCT, that would allow us to make a new thread, which I think would be a significant milestone for visibility as well.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello...

placeholder
ignore and move along Wink

http://imgur.com/gallery/H9YEM
legendary
Hi Coinaday,

I'm done with Cryptsy and pulled my coins out. They had withdrawal issues, and then after a strongly-worded message to support where I finally got my withdrawal, they sent 6 million extra, which doesn't exactly build confidence. One of the top priorities for the community is to find another exchange.

In part as a result, and in part due to a loss of confidence from a personal breakdown (basically recovered, the Nyancoins community was incredibly supportive to me), the Cryptsy price went down to around 30. I haven't looked lately, taking a quick glance. Yeah, pretty much the same: a bid at 30 might get filled, although chasing the asks could push it easily to 40 satoshi or higher for any significant volume (multiple 100k).

I'm pretty busy with my job (just menial fast food right now; teaching me that there are worse things than life in a cubicle. Character building though...) and haven't had time to make progress on a lot of different aspects I'm trying to work on. There are some new faucets the community put up, which is pretty cool, as well as a themed-minecraft server project.

I'm hoping to get time to install Ubuntu locally (currently on CentOS which sucks for building because of old build system components; nice for stability though) so that I can try working through the Litecoin gitian build again. That process would hopefully allow me to commit signatures to them (I'm not even sure if they still need them; haven't had much time online lately), as well as teach me how to do the updated build process for Nyancoins 2.0, which is one of the main hurdles left for Nyancoins 2.0 in my opinion (although the fact that it will require a hard fork will be non-trivial and I don't know all the details of that yet (read: haven't determined it yet; this is based on a hard-fork in Litecoin 0.8, while Nyancoins were forked from a 0.6 or 0.7, I forget which off-hand, although I think it was the former; I made a post on Reddit with the details back when I was comparing the source)).

Also, we seem to have lost dedicated miners, which is definitely a problem.

So progress is slow right now, or arguably we've taken a few small steps backwards, but I continue to have high hopes for the future.
legendary
Activity: 1120
old coins are back, and it is good too. Too much bad coins has been released. Listed on exchange and then being delisted and all money gone. Luckily Cryptsy is holding all their coins.

Yes, some people may not like Cryptsy... but they can't deny a Cryptsy listing does add a good value to this coin. Without Cryptsy, this coin should had died long ago.

I just want nyan to continue to stay on Cryptsy for long. Cryptsy should remain the main exchange for nyan even we may get into another exchange later.  Wink

Looks pretty cheap now...
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
old coins are back, and it is good too. Too much bad coins has been released. Listed on exchange and then being delisted and all money gone. Luckily Cryptsy is holding all their coins.

Yes, some people may not like Cryptsy... but they can't deny a Cryptsy listing does add a good value to this coin. Without Cryptsy, this coin should had died long ago.

I just want nyan to continue to stay on Cryptsy for long. Cryptsy should remain the main exchange for nyan even we may get into another exchange later.  Wink

Yeah, Cryptsy has gotten a lot of criticism, and I've certainly had my annoyances with them, but if it weren't for them, I don't think Nyancoins would've survived. With that said, I definitely would like to look into getting onto another exchange as well. For a while now, I've been holding off on that since I didn't feel we had enough volume yet to justify being taken on by another exchange. But we can sustain a ~1 BTC volume or so over time, I think that will be a reasonable option (just a complete guess as to what we'll need; I should look into this more and start a discussion with an exchange or two).

I definitely like the idea of the old coins coming back rather than launching new coins. To me, the long, extended floor made for an extremely fair distribution: anyone who wanted in cheaply could get in cheaply. And I still consider the price cheap, even though we're 10-20x up so far this year (depending on how exactly you define the starting value and where the market's gotten up to now; we had a really nice bump in the last 24 hours.). I think in terms of order of magnitude increases (base 10), that is, 10x increases. We've gone from a couple thousand market cap to $20k-$30k market cap, and I'm thinking about the future where we go into the $100-$300k range and break onto the front page of coinmarketcap. I think we'll attract significantly more attention once we're starting to approach 100x return, and presuming we can sustain that, I think the story of our recovery will become one of our unique selling points as well.

I've got a fair amount more work to do in order to prepare Nyancoins 2.0 (including a community discussion about what to do about the hard fork for v2 blocks in Litecoin v0.8 once I understand the implications myself and can present the options reasonably), but I'm not aware of any current major problems with our current client. The community seems to be doing quite well. The blockchain seems to be getting pretty consistent.

It's been a wild ride so far, and we've just begun as far as I'm concerned.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120

MEOW was the next NYAN. ;-p We already got more than 10x from our floor (floor from crash last year to end of last year; I started buying around January 4th or so (when I did my Nyancoins article on Reddit and learned that the rumors of the coins' demise were greatly exaggerated)).

But yeah, they did get a very nice pump recently, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that there are fundamentals behind it (they've got a working block explorer and plans for development, nice looking official site, etc).

I definitely wish them well! But we're still up more so far this year. ;-p

With that said...we have been pretty horizontal or a bit down from our peak this year (I've bought as high as 65 satoshi). A lot of that has been the transition from me being the major buyer driving the market to being far more limited in my buying (although I still have a lot of below-market bids to catch dumps). I'm still holding part of the market, but there's way more external demand as well. So although we've been somewhat horizontal, I think this has been a good growth period in terms of demand-not-from-me as well as the various community activity.

Right now, I'm trying to help a bit with Litecoin development to learn more to be able to do the update to the Nyancoins client effectively. My personal 'deadline' for that is the end of August, which I think I should be able to hit (hopefully sooner, but I've got a job afk again which will be taking time and energy). On that, I'm currently stuck on trying to build the latest Litecoin (my first time trying to work with Gitian). I have a thread on litecointalk with my issues in case anyone is familiar with the gitian builds and can provide me advice: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=25819.0.

But yeah, absolutely, I would love it if we started getting some major buyers in. We've got a ceiling at 50 satoshi that I would like to see smashed. I would like to think that we 'deserve' a market cap of more than $20-30k at this point. But all in good time. :-)

Oooh, I see a new ~900k bid at 49 satoshi! Nice!

Also, my % of the Nyancoins market is likely to go down slowly over time: I'm giving away Nyancoins faster than I can afford to buy them back, and I expect that to continue to be the case over time. I expected this and am fine with it: I would much rather hold even 5% of a big, juicy pie rather than 25% of a coin that actually does end up dying. But at this point, I think we've got rough patches more than existential crises ahead of us: we've still got some inconsistency in the blocks from a somewhat weak baseline hashing power (although much better than we were quite recently, when we faced 12-24 hour gaps sometimes). And the market has improved enough that I think its security on Cryptsy, and the existence of the /BTC market there is assured.

I've got a thread of the major risk factors with Nyancoins, which I mentioned just a few posts back, but I'll mention again: http://www.reddit.com/r/nyancoins/comments/36e7ed/overview_of_major_risks_of_buying_nyancoins/ If anyone can think of anything I missed, please let me know.

I'm interested in building this for the long-term. And I hope to see the altcoin market in general recover too. But, of course, I hope that we grow the fastest.  Wink

edit: I also wanted to mention, I actually made some profit off that MEOW bump. I sold about half of my holdings and bought some more NYAN with it. I still own about 20 million or so MEOW. :-)
Pages:
Jump to: