Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitmessage - P2P Messaging system based partially on Bitcoin - page 10. (Read 89814 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

https://bitmessage.org/forum/index.php/topic,2964.0.html

I wonder how much calculation power would be needed to send out a message to everybody....  should not be too much with some optimization?
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
I'm using a proxy+incoming and I only get 9 connections? Is this hard coded? I normally get 60+
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
I have managed to get PyBitmessage running on TAILS 0.20. However, registering on bitmessage.org forum or wiki does not seem to work, so I will put it up here.

I admit that I do not understand what I am doing, so the hack is ugly. I would be grateful if somebody more experienced cleaned it up. Please feel free to repost it anywhere else, if you feel like it.

It is kinda long, so I have put the plaintext instructions on several servers: http://hastebin.com/raw/weqiqafiha , http://chopapp.com/#huue4bxx and http://pastebin.aquilenet.fr/?8f797db5077ba427#9KLEWbjBOzaqWo52qcMc8jyl3jM60dhrkulLgjNtKtI= .
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Has anyone been thinking about protecting against compromised computers? Could something akin to Trezor be used to keep the secret info away from the computer memory?
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Edit 2:  Nevermind again, I just opened keys.dat in a text editor and saw that it was pretty obvious how to import addresses.  I'm all set now.  Awesome.  Thank you everybody involved!!!!!
Actually my script spits out passwords that you import via the Gui (deterministic address).

Edit 3:  It seems to do addresses that start with BM-2 or BM-2D really really fast, and everything else is super slow.  Is that some random anomaly on my part?
Run
Code:
python bmgen.py -k B
And you'll see the reason. That script doesn't do any validity checking.
Activity: 793
Merit: 1016
Oh great BitMessage overlords, can a poor non-programmer get a lowly Windows binary of bmgen?

(I have python but I don't know how to find and install "highlevelcrypto" for the error "ImportError: No module named highlevelcrypto".  I know enough to install python but not enough to import/install libraries.)

Edit:  Nevermind!  I just downloaded the bitmessage source code and put bmgen.py into the folder that had highlevelcrypto.py in it.  All worked wonderfully!  I know it's not the most elegant solution, but by God it spits out a vanity address, and I'm happy.  Now I just need to figure out how to import custom addresses....

Edit 2:  Nevermind again, I just opened keys.dat in a text editor and saw that it was pretty obvious how to import addresses.  I'm all set now.  Awesome.  Thank you everybody involved!!!!!

Edit 3:  It seems to do addresses that start with BM-2 or BM-2D really really fast, and everything else is super slow.  Is that some random anomaly on my part?
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Searched but no answer found for this question:

Is it possible to somehow create a 'vanity' BM address? Like BM-2Cyberdyne6hY111lPtD111A111hY111lP for example.

Yes, it's possible, somehow, in the same way you can do it with Bitcoin. No one wrote the software to do it yet.
Allow me to laugh maniacally. You can reach me at BM-2DARKo7LcCvBiXyyabT5vNxgQ32pBqScuk.

Behold, my powerful 1h/s+ miner!
https://bitmessage.org/forum/index.php?topic=1727.0
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

Is it possible to somehow create a 'vanity' BM address? Like BM-2Cyberdyne6hY111lPtD111A111hY111lP for example.

Yes, it's possible, somehow, in the same way you can do it with Bitcoin. No one wrote the software to do it yet.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500

0xFB0D8D1534241423
Just did another factory reset at my router, reconfigured and now its green!! hahaha..
The trick now is to never ever reset your router again.
legendary
Blasphemous! You shall pay for your evil ways. Your soul is cursed.
Activity: 50
Just did another factory reset at my router, reconfigured and now its green!! hahaha..
legendary
Karma is strong on this one. Make a list of everyone you have wronged and repent. Get on the road to redemption before it is too late for your soul.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Take your router and throw it into the volcano of the internet gods. Only then shall the curse be lifted.
legendary
Drop to your knees and weep for forgiveness. You must repent and redeem yourself.
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Bitcoin-Qt also uses UPnP, so there could be a problem with your router where only UPnP works. Firmware upgrade? Switch to DDWRT?
I made a factory reset with my router and now things just got worse... utorrent (which also uses UPnP) now also see its port forwarded as closed. Bitmessage still yellow. BTC-qt seems to work pretty well, with 44 conections. I dont know what to do anymore.
My firmware is up-to-date. DDWRT is not compatible with my router.
Pray to your deity/deities/luck. All hope is lost. Sacrifice your router in the Red Sea and move to Belgium.
Bitcoin-Qt also uses UPnP, so there could be a problem with your router where only UPnP works. Firmware upgrade? Switch to DDWRT?
I made a factory reset with my router and now things just got worse... utorrent (which also uses UPnP) now also see its port forwarded as closed. Bitmessage still yellow. BTC-qt seems to work pretty well, with 44 conections. I dont know what to do anymore.
My firmware is up-to-date. DDWRT is not compatible with my router.
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Can anyone help me?

I'm not being able to get the green light. Already forwarded port 8444 and only get yellow light. I'm on windows 8 x64 runnng 0.35 bm.

Thks
1. Use an external tool to make sure your port is actually forwarded
2. Make sure it's forwarded to the right LAN address
3. Try restarting the router and your computer (if that won't break #2)
4. Sometimes it takes a while to get a green light. Just wait.

1. Very odd results. For bitcoin-qt port 8333, both PFPortChecker.exe and http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ say its open. For Bitmessage port 8444, "yougetsignal" say is closed and PFPortChecker say it open. Both BM and BTC-QT were forwarded with respectives ports. Only BTC-QT works.
2. Yes triple checked it
3. Already did that
4. my BM runs all day long with yellow light so definitely theres something wrong.

Pages:
Jump to: