Pages:
Author

Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin - page 46. (Read 595757 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Poor nmc, it had huge potential, development and inovations are worth nothing if there are no investors and community. No volume on btc-e, wouldnt be suprised if we get delisted soon.
Activity: 427
Merit: 266
It's going down down ....all the way to chinatown  Sad
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
Call for developers for namecoin !!
Services over this tech are vital before further development could make sense by now.
Any news?

Shouldn't there be bounties for this?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Do devs have any plan about price? I mean this coin is in downtrend for a 3 years already, with some small spikes, and its only going lower and lower. No point in development if noone wants to buy it.

It's gone, dump it and forget.
Do devs have any plan about price? I mean this coin is in downtrend for a 3 years already, with some small spikes, and its only going lower and lower. No point in development if noone wants to buy it.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Call for developers for namecoin !!
Services over this tech are vital before further development could make sense by now.
Any news?

Activity: 777
Merit: 777
Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins
Hello I buy some NMC but is there web wallet where no need for downloading of whole blockchain or bootstrap?thanks.
Any news? When is next version of wallet gonna be released?

Hi,

namecoin needs more developers and beta testers to speed up the process.

You can get the latest release 0.13.99-nametab-beta by building from source

https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin-core/releases

or soon on this page

https://beta.namecoin.org/download/betas/

Backup your wallet first!
Okay thanks..when can we expect final release of wallets?
Activity: 133
Merit: 26

Hi,

namecoin needs more developers and beta testers to speed up the process.

You can get the latest release 0.13.99-nametab-beta by building from source

https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin-core/releases

or soon on this page

https://beta.namecoin.org/download/betas/

Backup your wallet first!
Make it easy to use for starters.Non geek people need things to be simple to use so their fragile brains dont get fried trying to figure out how to set up a wallet/use a long string address/back up their wallet.dat/use private keys/worry about getting hacked or losing their coins when computer crashes.All that stuff matters in the real world and without real world use the whole thing is pointless and will die a slow lingering death.Also with all these miners dumping coins and no incentive for regular joe to buy namecoin because he is not a geek and doesnt even know what to do with them and thats before he/she even contemplates all this dns stuff long term market value will perish.
Activity: 200
Merit: 250
Im not sure but I think that Namecoin system hasnt got hierarchy structure as our DNS have. So when we imagine that everybody use Namecoin its impossible to ddos every single NMC node. If Im wrong please correct
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552

I think that Namecoin is the key to avoid this kind of attacks in future, unfortunately the project has not got so wide popularity Sad

Will you explain in a few sentences how Namecoin can do that?

Activity: 200
Merit: 250

I think that Namecoin is the key to avoid this kind of attacks in future, unfortunately the project has not got so wide popularity Sad
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
why nmc is going down like this!? 0.236 $!!!
Between around beginning of 2015 and mid 2016, F2pool had a majority of Namecoin hashpower. A few months ago several large mining pools started merged-mining NMCs. Therefore F2pool's hashrate share went way below 51% (currently 35 %) which is good news for decentralization. The bad news is that one or two of the new mining pools (HaoBTC and possibly ViaBTC) don't pay out the NMCs to the miners but most likely dump all the mining returns at the exchanges (btc-e, poloniex).

Too much supply while too little demand = lower price. Setting up a named ZeroNet page, for example, costs you far less than 1 NMC including update fees for quite a while.
------------------
thanks for answering  Smiley  nmc is my favorite coin , I hope it will rise soon
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Between around beginning of 2015 and mid 2016, F2pool had a majority of Namecoin hashpower. A few months ago several other mining pools started merged-mining NMCs, too. Therefore F2pool's hashrate share went down way below 51% (currently 35 %) which is good news for decentralization. The bad news is that one or two of the new mining pools (HaoBTC and possibly ViaBTC) don't pay out the NMCs to the miners but most likely dump all the mining returns at the exchanges (btc-e, poloniex).

Too much supply while too little demand = lower price. Setting up a named ZeroNet page, for example, costs you far less than 1 NMC including update fees for quite a while.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Anybody know what the max cap is for NMC?

I believe it is also 21 million. They were mostly a copy of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
Anybody know what the max cap is for NMC?

The trend doesn't look like its going to get any better any sooner either :-(
Pages:
Jump to: